Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thestarrover

Coverdisks & Shareware CDs Collection

3 minutes ago, thestarrover said:

Wondeful! :)

Indeed. That whole coastal area begins about 15 minutes north west of where I live then continues north. One of the most spectacular drives you will find anywhere. Heaps of interesting beaches to see and explore. My favourite place on the planet.

21 hours ago, ludicrous_peridot said:

@thestarrover, is the a list of all the wads found in the 4 zip packs on the archive.org? 

Actually a list would have been helpful, but unfortunately I didn't think about it. I'm sorry.

@Wadmodder Shalton On the PC Gamer Taiwan in folder #51 in Doom there’s a doom2 wad called Dethrace but when I load it up using Gzdoom I don’t know which map it replaces. The text file doesn’t specify the map number. 

On the KomnAc No 5 cd there’s a doom2 wad called Temple. Can’t find the replaced map on the game using Listmaps. 

Please help. @Doomlover77 

Edited by Doomlover77

3 hours ago, Doomlover77 said:

@Wadmodder Shalton On the PC Gamer Taiwan in folder #51 in Doom there’s a doom2 wad called Dethrace but when I load it up using Gzdoom I don’t know which map it replaces. The text file doesn’t specify the map number. 

On the KomnAc No 5 cd there’s a doom2 wad called Temple. Can’t find the replaced map on the game using Listmaps. 

Please help. @Doomlover77 

Both maps are for Doom 2, Map01.

A small update is now available

What’s new in this update:

- 4 new CDs.

Thanks a lot to @Murdoch for the PC World Interactive, November 1994 CD !

- Some new levels from various CDs

- Some MIDI files

>>Download<<

This is the final update.

I still have other cds to upload (10 or 12 maybe), but for now I have decided to take a break. There are some other media and sources that I want to check out to find more additional material for Doom ( but also for Heretic. Hexen, etc).

Obviously if you find some cds and want to contribute, you can post them here and I will add them to the collection.

Thank you all!

On 11/15/2022 at 4:22 AM, ludicrous_peridot said:

@thestarrover, is the a list of all the wads found in the 4 zip packs on the archive.org? 

I downloaded everything from the links in the first post and made a TXT list.

Shareware_CDs_List.zip

UPDATE: Added contents of "THE CHRISTMAS PACK.zip" to the list.

Edited by Mad Butcher

Christmas is coming and what better time to play some good old doom wad? :)

So here for you the DOOM CHRISTMAS PACK,  a collection of wads (and MIDI files) extracted from cds I found recently on archive.org.

Most of them have been uploaded just few days ago.

Download THE DOOM CHRISTMAS PACK :

Archive.org page, Direct Download

Commercial CDs NOT INCLUDED in the pack:

MEGA DOOM 1

MEGA DOOM 2

3D VIOLENCE 2 (Duke 3d levels)

CHARTBUSTERS 9 (DUKE 3D ADD ONS)

CHARTBUSTERS 10 (QUAKE ADD ONS)

SOME ADDITIONAL WADS AND FILES FROM ARCHIVE.ORG

Blue Age F by Skronkidonk and DCGretrowave. 32 levels megawad.

DOOM 3 WAD For ID Tech 1. Source ports and Dosbox

DOOM Battlebook Revised and Expanded Edition

Enjoy and Marry Christmas to you all!

Edited by thestarrover : Some new links added

An Excellent selection of wads there @thestarrover! There were several doom and Doom2 wads I’d not seen before. 
what do you plan to upload next ? I can’t wait!@Doomlover77  

BTW BlueAgeF.wad map 20 crashes Gzdoom v1.8.2.

Edited by Doomlover77

On 12/27/2022 at 6:20 PM, Doomlover77 said:

An Excellent selection of wads there @thestarrover! There were several doom and Doom2 wads I’d not seen before. 
what do you plan to upload next ? I can’t wait!@Doomlover77  

BTW BlueAgeF.wad map 20 crashes Gzdoom v1.8.2.

The new version uploaded on the thread should work now.
Also the Idgames upload version will be fixed soon and wont crash on start.

A new,and last, update is now available on archive.org.

With this update I consider the collection finished.

There are still some cds to upload with a few levels for Doom and a lot for Duke 3d as well as levels I found on geocities and other sites. I will upload them as a separate download on archive.org later and when I can. So, if you are interested, check out archive.org sometime! :)

I hope this collection has been useful and that you have found something interesting in it.

Thank you very much!

Download: Lastpieces.zip 

Download links also available in the original post.

@thestarroverI’ve found and played the original version of Arena.wad by Arakis dated 7/4/94 in the latest upload.

https://archive.org/download/swr-cds-wads-update-pack/Lastpieces.zip/Lastpieces%2FBoink! 1995 05-06%2FDUMMTOOL%2FDMAREN.ZIP

I’ve played the Pond Deathmatch series by Alistair Montgomery from the Mogel CD. I Didn’t know they existed. They were used in a Fastmaps map collection in 2003. 

@Doomlover77  

Edited by Doomlover77

On 4/24/2022 at 2:16 PM, Walter confetti said:

"Doom 2 Scenari" (Jackson Libri / J. Software, 1996

I bought that CD used, but in perfect condition, and I received it yesterday.

The CD-ROM includes upgrade patches, editors, utilities, graphic and sound patches, dehacked patches, lmp demos and a selection of wads, divided into three categories: single, coop, death.

I just took a quick look at the CD, but the levels and patches seem to be all known, except perhaps for:

Dante.wad, a three levels wad created by an Italian author called “Cyber Milan 1995” .

a series of ten wads called DMXX.wad: DM29.wad is a slightly modified version of Map 03 and DM30.wad a modification of the E1M2 level that works on Doom2. 

I haven't played the remaining levels yet.

Box.jpg.78c8b5485a80d838c43bbda9f0fc2519.jpg

cd.jpg.8815b3f79cc3a736689ae3581a5ac2c3.jpg

Booklet.jpg.fbd9406da5b2d14071a69d4f70773584.jpg

19 hours ago, Doomlover77 said:

Will you be uploading the ISO of Doom2 Scenari in the near future ?

Considering that the files included on the CD are very common and widely available pretty much everywhere, I think I won't upload it. However the files on the CD are listed in this text file: list.txt.zip

I uploaded Doom II Scenari CD-ROM to archive.org, for preservation purposes rather than content.

Doom II Scenari CD-ROM

While I was looking for some files for another topic, I realized that I forgot to upload some files extracted from some PCmania CDs.

There are just a couple of levels for Doom 2, while the others are for Duke 3d and Quake.

I also included a couple of files for Unreal: they were sent by the authors by email to the magazine and perhaps they are exclusive releases.

You can find the files here:

Pcmania missing files (Direct Download)

Archive.org page

Well, I think this is all and this is my last post.

This was my first participation in a forum and it was a great experience and for this I thank all of you. It's time for me to take a break, but maybe I'll come back someday.

Thanks again and take care!

Bye!