Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raymoohawk

what is the status of development

On 4/15/2022 at 8:02 AM, Korp said:

I've been learning how to do 3d sculpting to get the sprite rotations right, so maybe i can do new zombies and imp sprites based on your contributions :)

missed the last bit when i read your comment. i of course welcome new sprites based on the stuff i made, but don't feel constrained by having to adhere to my designs. i am ok with my stuff being totally replaced, so if you want to go wild and see what you come up with that is fine with me ;)

On 5/6/2022 at 3:37 PM, RagnarRandom said:

the pr for the version of octo edited by HorrorMovieGuy says there are conflicts, but last activity was 10 days ago, including what appears to be preliminary updating of the entry to manual. i am assuming it is gonna happen, just hasn't been merged for whatever reason. i am not too hip to the intricacies of github tho.

xindage mentioned in an earlier reply that the octo guy looks too strong. an issue with a lot of my designs is that their apparent killability does not match the actor they are replacing

Edited by raymoohawk

As an outside observer that is often very interested in what happens with this project, it would be downright criminal to not let @raymoohawk have free reign over the monster sprites given his prior work product. 

On 5/5/2022 at 2:33 AM, raymoohawk said:

if i remove the armor from the octopus guy and thin down the arms do you think it might get added?

possible yes.

So nice to have you back!

As mentioned before, most regular enemies now have decent sprites, but which can still benefit from some improvements. I'm personally looking forward to see what we do with the bosses. I've been learning 3D modelling too like @Korp, and I'm hoping we can all get something going soon. I've seen someone on the Discord server making a model for a possible Spider Mastermind based on a concept I drew, and likewise I'm looking forward to modeling the Assault Tripod and giving it animations that aren't janky like the current one (whenever i have free time that is).

thanks rei :)

is there a place i can see the concept for the mastermind?

also are rotations still needed for the archie? trying to figure out if i can help with something

Just now, raymoohawk said:

trying to figure out if i can help with something

The Pestmeister still has incomplete shooting and death animations.

Almost anything could use some polish.

With your talents it really shouldn't be a problem to find a corner of Freedoom where you can improve things.

14 hours ago, raymoohawk said:

thanks rei :)

is there a place i can see the concept for the mastermind?

also are rotations still needed for the archie? trying to figure out if i can help with something

Certainly! Here's the cruddy sketch I did. Of course, I encourage anyone to take creative liberties if they choose to adapt this.

scorp.png.d80dbb4c60b9c0044202f9219e0edc1f.png

As for the Archvile, the attack frame still needs rotations.

i like it :) tho personally i would suggest chanching the leg type. maybe strandbeest-like legs could be an alternative that still hits the required girth?

if they are not being worked on by someone else is it ok if i take a stab at the archvile attack rotations?

On 5/10/2022 at 6:34 PM, HorrorMovieRei said:

I've been learning 3D modelling too like @Korp, and I'm hoping we can all get something going soon.

I'm very happy to know that there's so much dedication, effort and talent aimed at improving quality of the game's assets, that's simply fantastic. I love you guys!