Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaZa

Has there been a Formula One discussion thread? If not, there is now

The scream from Leclerc was bone chilling. Heck, when you feel absolutely lost, that's the kind of scream i expect. Damn.

However i feel this is par for the course with Ferrari. Their tactile strength is poor and this has been a thing of the past.

• Sainz's engineer has not a great symbiosis with Sainz. An engineer should be resolute and clear. Sainz's prefers dialogue.
  • I personally found it embarassing that Sainz, a driver that is in the midst of racing, had to tell his engineer about a stop and go and a 5 sec time penalty. Like, that's entry-level knowledge

Felt for Leclerc, but it was his own mistake. It very much reminds me of Max's first years, but Leclerc seems a bit stuck with it.

Don't think much of Singapore (turns 18-20 look like the first corridor we all put down when we first started mapping), but that wet-to-dry quali was fun, with a heap of pole changes. Alonso kissed the wall and still took fifth; and while Leclerc got out on top, even he he looked alternatively tentative and loose as he wrestled with the drying track.

RB's screw-up regarding fuel was silly, but I'm sure Ferrari will say, "hold my beer" come race time later tonight...

Words are not necessary. I was wondering why Gasly was out of the car behaving like someone took his chocolate, but this is just...

IMG_20221009_080707.jpg

This race was once again a complete cock up:

• The awarded points. Yes, its a ruling, but in the rules there is literally a clause that contradicts it if you read it at a glance. Its all mushy talk, but in the end, though the FIA interpreted the rules correctly, the confusion was there.
  • The truck is inexcusable. The FIA fucked up there.

Alonso got his closure. Good. Though I feel for Haas who've been screwed over by things like that a lot of the time.

Also K-Mag's drive is very much underrated. Man's made a one stop work.

also seb did really well yay

Haven't really been "into" F1 all that long, can someone clarify something for me - how standard is it for a tire manufacturer to tell the drivers that the practice session is basically halved, because the company really, really needs a whole 45 minutes of testing? I mean, obviously a lot more R&D is going into next year's boots before and after, but on the face of it, it sounds like a really half-baked PR stunt that shortchanges the second practice session of an actual race.

56 minutes ago, Daytime Waitress said:

how standard is it for a tire manufacturer to tell the drivers that the practice session is basically halved, because the company really, really needs a whole 45 minutes of testing?

Not at all... I don't think it's ever happened, but I'd even think for Pirelli it's necessary because their tires are not really that good. What worries (and annoys) me more is that when it's a wet practice session, they don't halve THAT one to test a new wet compound. In my opinion, that's absolutely what they should do, as we see how effective the current one is.

Max, man, you had nothing to lose, why lose literally everyone's respect by doing that 💀💀💀

Millionaires throwing tanties - always good for a laugh.

The second-to-last race of an already-decided season did produce a lot more sparks than expected, but I still don't think it'll convince me to watch Snooze Marina Circuit next week.

4 hours ago, Daytime Waitress said:

The second-to-last race of an already-decided season did produce a lot more sparks than expected, but I still don't think it'll convince me to watch Snooze Marina Circuit next week.

Eh, I'll watch it for sake of completion. I don't like leaving the season undone. :)

18 hours ago, NaZa said:

Max, man, you had nothing to lose, why lose literally everyone's respect by doing that 💀💀💀

Perez's response was chilling because of it. 
Mad Max, definitely. Perhaps there are reasons worthwhile enough to not do it (And he won't tell over the radio because reasons) but to the public, to go against your own engineer and teammate that way is just blatant.

Sadly won't be watching the Abu Dhabi GP because of wholesome birthday celebrations, but I don't think I'll miss much. Will be keeping track of a textual live from Autosport.

On 11/14/2022 at 4:42 PM, Redneckerz said:

Perhaps there are reasons worthwhile enough to not do it (And he won't tell over the radio because reasons) but to the public, to go against your own engineer and teammate that way is just blatant.

100% agreed. Though here I think that Max is simply in the wrong. He's 130? points ahead of Sergio. He doesn't need any more points, and Checo is fighting for 2nd in Drivers (not sure what that gives but it's good prestige ig). It wasn't a fight for 1st or 3rd, it was for 6th.

Checo also apparently crashed intentionally in Monaco; looking at the telemetry, I can see that, but why would he do it if a) he's 3rd, and b) he hit the wall at such an angle that could easily have caused a 5 place penalty due to a gearbox change? He was slower entering the corner and got immensely hasty on the throttle. I do that in F1 2020. Then again, I'm not a professional driver. Also worth mentioning Max said last summer, not in May...

Well, at least Ferrari doesn't do team orders- oh wait (: Leclerc cried to let Sainz give a podium up. Lmao. After Britain I don't think Sainz intends to cater to Charles that much. Also imo Sainz deserves that 2nd place more than Leclerc but that's a different story.

Necroing because new season moment.

Glad for Hulk reeturning and that Haas car looks nice, hopefully it'll be quick. Mick's already going to be a reserve for McLaren so that's somewhat neat too.

A bit of a connected question here, anyone here follow Formula e? I've tried getting into it two-three years ago but I hardly find it interesting anymore. Not sure why. Partly because Sims left the series, but also... I think it's a bit too gimmicky, I guess. Attack modes, elimination qualifying, fanboost (though they apparently got rid of that?)... it's just weird. But the racing IS quite unlike F1, I'll give them that. And the energy management aspect is a nice thing.

I'll probably spend more time with IMSA's lot and Indycar this year yet again, but glad to see this get a bump :3

41 minutes ago, NaZa said:

A bit of a connected question here, anyone here follow Formula e? I've tried getting into it two-three years ago but I hardly find it interesting anymore. Not sure why. Partly because Sims left the series, but also... I think it's a bit too gimmicky, I guess. Attack modes, elimination qualifying, fanboost (though they apparently got rid of that?)... it's just weird. But the racing IS quite unlike F1, I'll give them that. And the energy management aspect is a nice thing.

The energy management is a fascinating part of it and would probably have kept me engaged, but they keep adding a hat on a hat over there.

"For season 9, a new feature known as Attack Charge will be trialed at select races. In a predetermined period during the race, the teams must do a mandatory 30 second stop to recharge the car's batteries, and the stop will unlock two enhanced attack mode boosts."

Dunno who they think they're pitching to with all the fluff, but it sure ain't me.

The big developments in F1 - namely, Ford rejoining the sport and Andretti-Cadillac trying to get the boot in - have kept my interest up this off-season. I really want to see a Red Bull-Ford car and an Andretti-Cadillac going side by side down the main straight at Monza one of these days.

On 2/3/2023 at 10:53 AM, NaZa said:

Necroing because new season moment.

Same reason here, and also due to Hamilton apparently signing for Ferrari from 2025 onward? What??? Surely there has to be genius, because Lewis wouldn't make such a crazy move after a really good season with Mercedes. But, everyone seems to be confirming it, so...

Other than that, weird to see the grid stay the same as in Abu Dhabi. Nobody changed. Sargeant I'm glad got another season, just because he needs some more confidence. I sure would've wanted Lawson to strike a seat at VISA CASHAPP DEFINITELY-NOT-RACING-BULLS F1 TEAM instead of a washed-up Ricciardo but oh well.

Oh, and F1 rejecting Andretti's bid is really funny. In a tragic way.

EDIT: Officially confirmed, Hamilton is to leave Mercedes after 2024. Insane. I legitimately never saw this coming after last year. Poor Carlos, though, man...
EDIT 2: He has now officially joined Ferrari. Damn.

Edited by NaZa