Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grimm

Cyberdemon Death Frame

Is there any way I make the Cyberdemon's death frame (or anything else's) show up as an thing, so that it could be a "dead body" thing in a level?

Not unless you replace a graphic or use Dehacked...

Although I suppose if you were using ZDoom or something, you could just stick in some cyberdemons and kill them.

Linguica said:

Although I suppose if you were using ZDoom or something, you could just stick in some cyberdemons and kill them.

Or still with Zdoom (2.0.XX) you could define your own dead cyberdemon thing using the decorate lump. Just tell your defined thing to use CYBRP0 as its graphic.

OR, if your not in that source port stuff and just want a quick fix that`ll work with all exe`s...

download NWT or NWT_Pro from this page and start it. Find the Cyberdemon death frame you want from the list (the name will probably be 'Cybrp0'. Extract it by pressing F3. Now replace one of the excisting dead bodies you don`t need (for example the dead marine) with F7.

NOTE: extract the old dead (marine) body frame first! The replacement will be in your iwad and will be permanent! Alternatively you could use F8 to stick it in a pwad.

You now have a dead body that looks like a dead Cyberdemon. :-)

I made a wad that added corpses of some monsters in a room so that they could be revived by an Arch-Vile since corpses don't actually count as monsters. To do that, I just placed monsters in a room surrounded by barrels and had a crusher crush one to kill them all. Unfortunately, this method does NOT work with Cyberdemons or Spider Masterminds because they're immune to splash damage, but it'll work for any other monster.

m0l0t0v, rather than replace the dead marine picture, your method would be better with one of the blood pools or something.

Simply because every time the player died, his body would turn into a dead cybie at the last minute. May or may not be an issue, depending on the mod.

Something like a blood pool that is only used for one item wouldn't conflict with anything else. Be careful to avoid the blood pool graphic that appears when monsters are squished under the door though.

I think m0l0t0v means using some exe hacking. There are different frames for the player and a dead body... both using the same sprite. I think this is what he meant... if not.. I supose that DEH way could work.

DEH would certainly do it easily, but I figured seeing as how m0l0t0v refered to wintex and working with all EXE's the intention was to actually replace a graphic rather than tell the EXE to use another one via DEH.

Scuba Steve said:

I think m0l0t0v means using some exe hacking. There are different frames for the player and a dead body... both using the same sprite. I think this is what he meant... if not.. I supose that DEH way could work.

No, there are not! The dead bodies in the game are all the exact last frames of the living thing's death animation. Changing those is absolutely not recommended. What you can do with Dehacked is changing the frame number of an object so that it points to the last frame of the Cyberdemon's death animation. You should note, however, that this frame contains a code pointer that would be called needlessly. So I recommend to use an unused frame in the game (Frames 892 and 893 are never used, for example), set their sprite to CYBR P
and use this with an unused object. The Dead Lost Soul is perfect fot this because it is utterly useless.

Graf Zahl said:

Frames 892 and 893 are never used, for example

Hey thanks, I knew about a few others that aren't used, but I'd missed those ones. Looking at them it seems you are right. I can't see anything that would call them.

Enjay:
...I figured seeing as how m0l0t0v refered to wintex and working with all EXE's the intention was to actually replace a graphic rather than tell the EXE to use another one via DEH
m0l0t0v, rather than replace the dead marine picture, your method would be better with one of the blood pools or something.

You`re absolutely right!
Sorry about the confusion guys.

RTDscout: read my first post again and use "BRSIA0" (brain) instead of the dead marine frame.

Good luck...