Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rudolph

"A blue light begins to glow inside the ruined skull of the Demon-Spitter."

That sentence from the ending screen of TNT: Evilution really puzzles me. It really feels like Team TNT were trying to set up some kind of cliffhanger. 

Did any of Team TNT members confirm as much or provide insight as to what they had in mind there?

the only thing I could think of is something of a plutonia plot that got scrapped

1 minute ago, gwain said:

the only thing I could think of is something of a plutonia plot that got scrapped

Wasn’t TNT supposed to be before Plutonia in story order, or do I have things mixed around backwards again? I don’t remember now lol

well plutonia was made after tnt wasnt it I think team tnt kinda knew there would be a second but didnt know that it was just up to 2 people out of team tnt

1 minute ago, gwain said:

well plutonia was made after tnt wasnt it I think team tnt kinda knew there would be a second but didnt know that it was just up to 2 people out of team tnt

Dario and Milo. Gotcha. Thank you. 

IMHO this isn't a cliffhanger, we can see the blue light glowing from the inside of the skull of this "Demon-Spitter" on its eyes in the cast sequence graphic alongside the blue sky. Too bad the guys from team TNT didn't drew the demon remains "evaporating" as stated in the final text screen.

So it seems like a cliffhanger but its further confirmation that this was the final fight, and hell was indeed purified forever, making further sense why this was called Final Doom, besides being the last of the official commercial IWADs.

Edited by Solmyr

There's still a few of them with us (Dario Casali posts here as DCasali - maybe shoot him a message?) but I'm pretty sure it was just a "sounded cool at the moment" deal.

18 hours ago, Solmyr said:

IMHO this isn't a cliffhanger, we can see the blue light glowing from the inside of the skull of this "Demon-Spitter" on its eyes in the cast sequence graphic alongside the blue sky. Too bad the guys from team TNT didn't drew the demon remains "evaporating" as stated in the final text screen.

So it seems like a cliffhanger but its further confirmation that this was the final fight, and hell was indeed purified forever, making further sense why this was called Final Doom, besides being the last of the official commercial IWADs.

Ah, this sounds like a likely explanation. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Piper Maru said:

Maybe Kmart was having a blue light special going on in that demon spitters skull.

Not sure why, but I just mind-wandered to Evil Dead where Ash was working at S-Mart lmao.

On 4/13/2022 at 9:12 PM, Rudolph said:

That sentence from the ending screen of TNT: Evilution really puzzles me. It really feels like Team TNT were trying to set up some kind of cliffhanger. 

Did any of Team TNT members confirm as much or provide insight as to what they had in mind there?

It's mysterious and spooky. This was 1996, before comic book movie "universes" had rewired everyone's brains and convinced people to explain absolutely everything. What does it mean? Not knowing what it means is the whole point.

5 hours ago, Woolie Wool said:

It's mysterious and spooky. This was 1996, before comic book movie "universes" had rewired everyone's brains and convinced people to explain absolutely everything. What does it mean? Not knowing what it means is the whole point.

Yeah, media was so much better before comic book movies invented the concept of a resolution.

Many things are left unresolved on purpose, to give a mystery for the audience to be tantalized by. Who and what is Tom Bombadil? Is Deckard really a replicant? What exactly happened when David Bowman encountered the monolith? What is the blue glow in the demon-spitter? Not knowing the answer gives what would otherwise be a simple "you're winner" message a power it would not otherwise have. Embrace the ambiguity.

Though perhaps the fact that my introduction to attempts to explain everything about Doom came from the tie-in novels has somewhat prejudiced me towards the idea. Even when I was 12 years old and loved nothing more than reading the most horrible trash, the alien shit from Infernal Sky was the worst fiction I have ever read and still is, and I also used to read horny fan fiction.

Yeah, this always puzzled me, i remember waiting for TNT Devilution to explain this. but i still am not sure what the blue light was supposed to be in the Devilution Beta, in Revilution it was a control panel that called for a larger demon invasion i believe. Dunno about Convilution. But yeah i hope one these days any remaining developer could tell us what exactly it was supposed to mean. since Devilution, Revilution, and Convilution arent official.

It's a common thing for dead horned guys to emit blue light; Tchernobog from Blood, Corrupted Shinnok from MKX, the titan from Doom Eternal...

10 hours ago, Woolie Wool said:

What exactly happened when David Bowman encountered the monolith?

That one was actually explained in the sequel books.

IMO, glowing blue lights only mean one thing: radioactivity. So that means that the death of the demon spitter has provoked some containment failure in the nuclear reactor powered its life support systems, and Doomguy should 1. get out of there as fast as he can and 2. eat a lot of iodine pills.

1 hour ago, Captain POLAND said:

That one was actually explained in the sequel books.

The books that sucked, you mean.

4 hours ago, Gez said:

IMO, glowing blue lights only mean one thing: radioactivity. So that means that the death of the demon spitter has provoked some containment failure in the nuclear reactor powered its life support systems, and Doomguy should 1. get out of there as fast as he can and 2. eat a lot of iodine pills.

"3.6 Roentgen. Not great, not terrible."

I am the holder of the answers you seek:

Red bad and evil and hot, spawns demons and doesn't afraid of anything

Blue nice like sky and ocean, cool and relax, eh doesn't spawn demons

Mystery solved!

The Demon-Spitter just was really in the mood for some Eiffel 65 after being defeated. da ba dee da ba di

But seriously, I always interpreted as the setup for Plutonia. The blue light was the strange teleporting thing that would transport Doomguy to another world where he has to fight even more demons. Plus, so many god damn screaming skeletons.

1 hour ago, VoanHead said:

The Demon-Spitter just was really in the mood for some Eiffel 65 after being defeated. da ba dee da ba di

Ok, now we need a joke wad... E1M65 - BLUE