Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

ZDoom Insanity!

Okay folks, here's a bit of ZDoom brand fun for everyone. If you hustle over to the ZDoom lars directory you can grab the latest version of 2.0 which is that 38.cab 39.cab file (as of this writing anyways). And, if software mode just isn't enough for you, head over to the ZDoomGL project page to download the latest version of that which is based on 38.cab. Also if you're the editing type, you may want to grab the new version of ACC off the ZDoom page which allows you to use the new editing features on version 38. Read this file for the list of changes from 38.cab to 39.cab.

Better scripted marines along with improved Thing_Hate() or something. Basically you can have scripted battle sequences now.

I'm sure there's other things, too, but that's the main thing, I think.

Apparently the bug where you turn into a zombie after being killed by shooting a manikin has been fixed, but another bug has appeared: they no longer move when you shoot them (invincible or not).

Ultimate DooMer said:

but another bug has appeared: they no longer move when you shoot them (invincible or not).

What about barrel explosions?

Explosions will still move them, but you won't be able to use them in puzzles (as you can't move them around precisely, and you may not have rockets to do this). Which kinda screws up several of my maps (Heretic and ZDoom).

Stealthy Ivan said:

All I have to say is, ZDooM is the best thing to happen to DooM yet... :)

Very true IMO :)