Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chookum

[Boom (-cl 9)+Extras, on IDgames!] Headless Chicken: Delicious 33 Map Boom Megawad

Recommended Posts

Download Release Candidate 4 from Dropbox (RC4 - 18/12/23 Build - "Adjusting Heck")

 

===RC3 -> RC4 CHANGES===
MAP22: Blue Key Cyberdemon tele-blocking contingency fixed. (found by Lunar Sovereign)
MAP26: Minor texture alignment things, and some missing textures during the intro.
MAP27: Offscreen monster closet was broken after making listening sectors more robust. Found by TheShep, fixed.

Link also in original post too.

Share this post


Link to post

Had a run on map11 where monsters in a closet got stuck.

  • DSDA 0.27.0
  • coop_spawns
  • RC4 wad.


Second time didn't happen but I noticed at the end of my practice run and I am recording demos which I will be uploading here :).

Spoiler

image.png.9ad403042e070c6f39e21c66a690be24.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Chookum said:

Download Release Candidate 4 from Dropbox (RC4 - 18/12/23 Build - "Adjusting Heck")

 


===RC3 -> RC4 CHANGES===
MAP22: Blue Key Cyberdemon tele-blocking contingency fixed. (found by Lunar Sovereign)
MAP26: Minor texture alignment things, and some missing textures during the intro.
MAP27: Offscreen monster closet was broken after making listening sectors more robust. Found by TheShep, fixed.

Link also in original post too.

 

Cheers, mate! Thanks again for hanging out and reminding me to get RC3 at the time :)

Share this post


Link to post

Started playthrough on Nuggets of Many difficulty. Absolutely loving the metal slug sound effects and announcements lmao

 

If you don't mind me asking, which levels have secret exits in them?

Also, I REALLY appreciate you adding 100% kills and secrets prompts, very useful!

Will edit this post for bugs.

EDIT: Map 1-3, one of the barons here is stuck and useless https://prnt.sc/9lTJBK5PVxWs

EDIT 2: Map 1-6, this teleporter closet doesn't work as intended https://prnt.sc/XWiWrlDQfeuf
Because of the fast scrolling floors the second row of monsters has no chance of teleporting in. Playing in GZDoom 4.11.3.

EDIT 3: Map 2-3, the monster teleporters in north west and north east wings activate way before the player drops into the respective pits, which makes both traps (at least the parts before pressing the switches to raise the stairs) very  cheesable.

EDIT 4: Map 2-5, these teleporter closets don't always work as intended https://prnt.sc/GhkZHCD61SMr
I had to redo this fight twice, because monsters would get stuck, unable to move backwards or forwards, and not teleport in.

Edited by Firedust

Share this post


Link to post
Spoiler

 

Map 3-1 again RC4, one of the monster closets is not working in the final fight
image.png.f94e63755fb52f787ec19cc402f994b3.png

I see that chickens are stuck on top of monsters - second time also

image.png.940c7d1d79fef56b510cd1dd72c016c5.png

image.png.dc4fa98ca1d22dc1f101df5c281316ff.png

 

Moving in the 3rd episode, like the extra challenge on some maps with coop. Minor issue in the final fight of 3-1 on DSDA 0.27.5  with "-coop_spawns".

Also map 14: 

Spoiler

image.png.9f589e9b2326260f930ba70a2bbed14b.png

These guys got stuck, the teleporter is accessible. They are too big for this closet.

 

Edited by bnbhehe

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Firedust said:

Started playthrough on Nuggets of Many difficulty. Absolutely loving the metal slug sound effects and announcements lmao

 

If you don't mind me asking, which levels have secret exits in them?

Also, I REALLY appreciate you adding 100% kills and secrets prompts, very useful!

Will edit this post for bugs.

EDIT: Map 1-3, one of the barons here is stuck and useless https://prnt.sc/9lTJBK5PVxWs

 

Secret Map Progression is as follows:

MAP15 -> MAP31 -> MAP32 -> MAP33 -> MAP16

 

4 hours ago, bnbhehe said:
  Hide contents

 

Map 3-1 again RC4, one of the monster closets is not working in the final fight
image.png.f94e63755fb52f787ec19cc402f994b3.png

I see that chickens are stuck on top of monsters - second time also

image.png.940c7d1d79fef56b510cd1dd72c016c5.pngimage.png.dc4fa98ca1d22dc1f101df5c281316ff.png

 

Moving in the 3rd episode, like the extra challenge on some maps with coop. Minor issue in the final fight of 3-1 on DSDA 0.27.5  with "-coop_spawns".

 

RC5 coming at the end of the week.

 

Changes so far:

===RC4 -> RC5 CHANGES===
MAP03: Baron of Heck near the end stuck in Multiplayer.
MAP11: Tried to make the off-screen monster closets more teleporty. They have always been a bit funny.
	(I'll continue adjusting their shape)
MAP13: Some enemies on top of each other in the final monster closet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Chookum said:

 

Secret Map Progression is as follows:

MAP15 -> MAP31 -> MAP32 -> MAP33 -> MAP16

 

 

RC5 coming at the end of the week.

 

Changes so far:


===RC4 -> RC5 CHANGES===
MAP03: Baron of Heck near the end stuck in Multiplayer.
MAP11: Tried to make the off-screen monster closets more teleporty. They have always been a bit funny.
	(I'll continue adjusting their shape)
MAP13: Some enemies on top of each other in the final monster closet.

 

Great. I did a quick check for episode 3 maps with coop if there are any other stuck monsters in closets, so far only 13 and 14 seemed to have an issue.

Share this post


Link to post

WTF am I playing? The chickens... this WAD is FANTASTIC!! Congrats, I'm having a blast!

Edited by CacoKnight

Share this post


Link to post

Map 31 with coop_spawns is also fine, no monster closets stuck or anything weird.

 

Spoiler

I noticed a slight problem, dunno if it was intentional. Cyberdemon cannot walk down these stairs (can be boomed probably because I saw him on the 2nd part of the stairs) but other monsters can. It stops his roaming there kinda.
image.png.93aaab0616d8088dd22a82d9a0b15ba2.png


I am also uploading demos for UV-Max with coop_spawns for Maps 1-10 which are from various RC versions (I think 2,3,4). Older demos don't desync as far as I noticed with RC4.

I think I might skip map 32, 33  for demos when RC5 comes out so I can continue with the normal maps. Looking forward. Cheers

Also, important, Merry Christmas :) 
 

headless_chicken_rc234_1-10.zip

Share this post


Link to post

Just wrapped up the first two episodes. You will find the few bugs I encountered during my playthrough in my post above.

I absolutely love how unhinged episode 2 was on coop difficulty. Mapping style reminds me a lot of the early Serious Sam games. All that's really missing is the dickish singular health bonus secrets. All in all, fantastic work so far.

Should I wait for RC5 before starting Episode 3?

EDIT: Seeing as how you're planning to drop RC5 this week, I guess I'll just wait :)

Edited by Firedust

Share this post


Link to post
Spoiler

Map 32 -Monster closets too cramped for teleporting monsters again on coop
image.png.2fa1bc817a76f926466f7cbb8b97f5ca.png



 

Spoiler

Map 33 - Pretty much the same thing as map 32 can happen with some closets here or it takes too slow to teleport if they are too cramped.

I speed up and go through the map normally with god mode to make sure no teleporters are broken.

I remember 100 % this map before RC1 however, on the image below you can see that when grabbing the 2 keys 3/4 monster closets don't open.

I tested it on both DSDA 0.26 & DSDA 0.27, because my first playthrough was on 0.26
image.png.6545100ad229eb3b4d9d7f6be4f3439f.png
 

Some more tests for maps 32-33 on coop before I try to practice single segment.

Edited by bnbhehe

Share this post


Link to post

Just one small report for map 10. All the sector floors under the structure here don't scroll (RC4, GZ 4.10).

cVLIWj7t.png

 

Currently on map 23, it's been a lot of fun so far, E3 and E4 especially.

Share this post


Link to post

Download Release Candidate 5 from Dropbox (RC5 - 24/12/23 Build - "The Night Before Chickenmas")

 

Download link in OP too.

 

===RC4 -> RC5 CHANGES===
MAP03: Baron of Hell near the end stuck in Multiplayer.
MAP06: Conveyor-driven monster closet near the end modified to be a standard noise-activated one due to teleport bugs in multiplayer
MAP09: Initial activation lines for Red/Blue fights less cheeseable (Firedust + TheShep + Professor Bloom found this)
MAP10: Fixed clouds not scrolling under outdoor feature in north (Found by Not Jabba)
MAP11: Tried to make the off-screen monster closets more teleporty by significantly widening them. They have always been a bit funny.
	(I'll continue adjusting their shape)
MAP13: Enemies on top of each other in the final monster closet.
MAP14: offscreen monster closets too narrow for final cloud of cacos, widened.
MAP14: Additional multiplayer monsters added to closet (that space was there for a reason)
MAP32: Enlarged All Off-screen Monster Closets (they didn't feel like spending today)
MAP33: Fixed 3/4 of imps not spawning in after picking up RED/BLU key for the first time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Mad Dal 85 said:

Map16 can go and anal f**k itself with a cactus plant! I skipped it after spending nearly 6 hours on that BS map! 

If you don't like a map, I would suggest using the idclev command instead of being rude on the forums, since it's not like any kind of advice could ever be conveyed with such a tone.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

If you don't like a map, I would suggest using the idclev command instead of being rude on the forums, since it's not like any kind of advice could ever be conveyed with such a tone.

i apologise. i was angry and wasn't thinking properly at the time i wrote that, and now i have calmed down i can see i was wrong to say that and for that i am sorry. 

Share this post


Link to post

Booted up RC5! Loving the synthwave city visuals in episode 3. Will edit this post for bugs pertinent to the aforementioned build.

Also, did anyone else get jumpscared by that hare photograph after dropping down the vent in 3-2? I nearly shat myself there.

EDIT: map A-2, some of the arachnotrons here https://prnt.sc/LMl4wWUepOlt are placed in such a way that they are stuck in GZDoom.
Also, these pinky closets are very problematic: https://prnt.sc/S06LlscCqaks - they kept getting stuck, so I had to noclip to lure them out. Technically, if you don't want to redesign the closets, you can just move them directly above or below the actual map, and as the player runs around, they will all eventually teleport in. Alternatively, you can try using triple teleporter lines, those work like magic.

You know, I really feel this map could use a few more secrets. I know this sounds extremely redundant, because there's a crapton of  supplies scattered everywhere, but the level is just so freaking huge, I just find it hard to believe there isn't even a single till secret here ahaha

EDIT 2: map A-x, these caco/pe closets were problematic https://prnt.sc/JPomHyn4g1MS - some of them kept getting stuck :(

You gotta love the storyline for the secret maps here.
Your standard Doom megawad plot: You accidentally stumble upon a secret base/a secret teleporter. Prepare yourself for things you have not seen in your tough mission.
Headless Chicken plot: So first you get jacked up on demon juice in a shady bar. Then you sober up and get munchies, so you go and kill an entire fucking mall of demons (best mall map I've ever played btw). Then you get horny and decide to pay the strip club / whorehouse a visit. But the fucking demons have overrun the place. Clucking hell. If this isn't THE perfect arcade boomer plot twist, then I don't know what is.

EDIT 3: map 3-4, couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get the boat megaarmor secret.

EDIT 4: map 3-5, slightly wonky door texturing https://prnt.sc/2O597g296u1r

Two more problematic closets: https://prnt.sc/VmhIUBt7fCDZ

EDIT 5: map 3-6, I had a hk somehow teleport into the starting car when I was in the last area, no idea why, but going back to kill him wasn't fun (yes, I'm aware there's a switch that teleports you to the start - you still gotta run back to the exit tho).

Edited by Firedust

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/24/2023 at 1:10 PM, Chookum said:

Download Release Candidate 5 from Dropbox (RC5 - 24/12/23 Build - "The Night Before Chickenmas")

 

Download link in OP too.

 


===RC4 -> RC5 CHANGES===
MAP03: Baron of Hell near the end stuck in Multiplayer.
MAP06: Conveyor-driven monster closet near the end modified to be a standard noise-activated one due to teleport bugs in multiplayer
MAP09: Initial activation lines for Red/Blue fights less cheeseable (Firedust + TheShep + Professor Bloom found this)
MAP10: Fixed clouds not scrolling under outdoor feature in north (Found by Not Jabba)
MAP11: Tried to make the off-screen monster closets more teleporty by significantly widening them. They have always been a bit funny.
	(I'll continue adjusting their shape)
MAP13: Enemies on top of each other in the final monster closet.
MAP14: offscreen monster closets too narrow for final cloud of cacos, widened.
MAP14: Additional multiplayer monsters added to closet (that space was there for a reason)
MAP32: Enlarged All Off-screen Monster Closets (they didn't feel like spending today)
MAP33: Fixed 3/4 of imps not spawning in after picking up RED/BLU key for the first time.

 


Thank you for the new RC :). Everything works smoothly, I recorded demos again up to Map 31 with 11,13,14 fixed.  I might be skipping 32, 33 if I fail to single segment after a couple of times since they can drag for a long time. 

Spoiler

Map32 has a lot of cleanup anyway to be done ...



I also did maps 03-06-09 again since they got desynced after changes. 

Btw I am not noting cheese moments in my feedback here, only bugs with UV-Maxing (like map09, which I also abused in my first demo). I want to take an overall approach when I finally replay all of the wad and mention or show these moments throughout the demos or a final post (maybe after each episode). You will also see a lot of "you can just leave" moments :D. If it's easier for you, I can also give a note with each part I record.
 

HDLSCHKN_RC5.zip

 

P.S for map16.

Spoiler

image.png.4c7b239d1e1a131d98eff3ad9cd122cc.pngThis platform gets a little janky and you fall off if you try to strafe run into it. You have to go towards the crates to not fall.

I don't know if this is fixable since I know bridges in the Doom engine can be weird.
 

Map 17:
 

Spoiler

These ones are on ambush? was that always the case? Because I recall getting shot from them as soon as i climbed this building.
 

ambush.PNG.4c0db99ed45456c09aa90dffc8c4a2cd.PNG

 

 

Also, this happened :D (a hell knight got stuck up there)
tttt.PNG.6775fc7040ac557e63d03be6106de8ea.PNG

Map 18 

Spoiler

Too many invulnerabilities on COOP in final fight, makes it rather easy I would say. Maybe remove the easy ones and leave the one on the crate? I will have to re-record that probably.


Map 20
 

Spoiler

Spidermama and Cyberdemon got stuck, probably because their teleporters where blocked from the flooding of monsters.

For the spidermama I've seen it happen on single player also. 

P.s. for coop: again quite some invulnerabilities although I can say this map is kinda difficult in some parts like the 3-archvile room
image.png.d871a855ab3c6f4d65029c9556fb9a26.png


 

Edited by bnbhehe

Share this post


Link to post

Been playing this set for the last week or so and I love it. Episodes 3 and 5 especially. I completed the first 20 maps pistol start no save on Nuggets of Steel with 100% kills, but bumped it down to Whole Roast Chicken for the last third of the game. The secret maps are a bit above my skill level right now but I had to explore the insane mall you created in map 32. A real highlight for me was E3M2, such a sick map.

 

Great work, I'll be coming back to get good at the last 10 maps and secret maps for sure. Only feedback I have: add more chickens

Share this post


Link to post

Done with episode 3 and the secret maps! Def my favourite of the bunch so far, the mall was the best Doom mall ever. As always you'll find the bugs in the corresponding post. Those pesky closets are really ruining the day for you, I bet. I think it might have to do something with the size of the monsters getting stuck and the distance between each teleporter line in the closets - it's always pinkies, spectres, cacos, and PEs. Fat fucks.

Share this post


Link to post

Map 33 -  Closets are fine 3924/3925 enemies in the attached demo.

Spoiler

Map 33 - This &&*(* got stuck.. Was searching for him for like 15 minutes till I gave up. Probably a boom thing so nothing can be done.
image.png.ec3f66e02d04e609dc36626dd71bb413.png

Also for map32 as was noted above by @Firedust
 

Spoiler

These arachnotrons from all sides of this arena/fountain are stuck. It's also in DSDA. I didn't proceed with practicing the map to see what else might be broken. 
map32_1.PNG.3f4f01832277761899bc6549a8c804dd.PNG

In case it was missed, I edited my above post about maps 17-20

level-33-00014.zip

For Map 21 on coop spawns:

 

 

Spoiler

I think the extra ammo in the beginning breaks natural progression of this level and makes it quite cheesable - I killed already the ambushing archviles due to the extra ammo.

I would actually suggest either to remove the ammo & rocket launcher, or maybe put some extra bars here so half of the shots/rockets are wasted, making the killing of them a waste of ammo. 
image.png.dc40c769cbefb64fd67af782337453a2.png
Also Yellow key can be obtained before the next arena by strafe jumping into the platform and going around the glass:

image.png.39d7c60a13a90b90fafa8ebbfdd68c8e.png

Lastly these guys got stuck somehow here:

image.png.c2378aab62679dee781909635e59f7ff.pngimage.png.e6df3449e0b1839426ff7263ef57a8e7.png
I could kill them with the splash damage, but that's not the intended way i suppose.

Map 22 - Coop spawns
 

Spoiler

This closet is cramped on coop - they seem stuck and never teleport. If I kill 1 they are fine.
image.png.bac3947b79d6e9324cb4c500398f9d66.png
image.png.65e114e3c461d8d1c8bf9680b468ef50.png


 

Edited by bnbhehe

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, bnbhehe said:

Map 33 -  Closets are fine 3924/3925 enemies in the attached demo.

I think it depends on your luck. It took me several runs for everything to work as intended. Map 33 caco closets really fucked up big time during my initial playthrough.

Edited by Firedust

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Firedust said:

I think it depends on your luck. It took me several runs for everything to work as intended. Map 33 caco closets really fucked big time during my initial playthrough.

I think those were fixed in RC5. I did a sped up  run with it and nothing got stuck. Probably because they are bigger they take a bit of time for them to teleport in though. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, bnbhehe said:

I think those were fixed in RC5. I did a sped up  run with it and nothing got stuck. Probably because they are bigger they take a bit of time for them to teleport in though. 

RC5 is what I've been playing. And they got stuck. Not even once, but twice. The cacos that were supposed to teleport into the mancubus crusher area with lots of platforming.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Firedust said:

RC5 is what I've been playing. And they got stuck. Not even once, but twice. The cacos that were supposed to teleport into the mancubus crusher area with lots of platforming.

Yes, that's the area. I dunno in GZDoom, but in DSDA I just had to wait there for a bit of time and all of them teleported in.

EDIT: I tested with -coop_spawns though, maybe the extra room without them lets them wander around for longer.

Share this post


Link to post

Map 23 - All fine with coop

Map 24 

Spoiler

This closet of pinkies is broken in both single & coop. I tested before RC1 and was working.
image.png.60731bcee0352af3c855303eb7aaaee2.png

Map 25 - coop 
 

Spoiler

This looks problematic :Pimage.png.a3fc59f23ee185d486029ace5c28c4a5.png
image.png.4d7d8efee97229f9977b3b7ab0f4d88d.png

Map 26 - coop
 

Spoiler

This monster closet scammed me a couple of times on coop. Not all archviles teleported
image.png.1ec7d967383c33e0b993e63b27da0c43.png

Map 27 - all fine in coop
 

Map 28 - coop
 

Spoiler

Cybers are stuck in DSDA
image.png.bb8ff15a5a86b0d3a8f43965785597d3.png

 

 

Map 29 - coop
 

Spoiler

This closet is not working on Coop
image.png.5af98953fabc173887ff065d57e5ed95.png
image.png.45944b4fa910f7b8a2ceae7d9db252db.png

Map 30 - All fine in coop

Edited by bnbhehe

Share this post


Link to post

Heya, back to playing episode 4 now.

Just to reiterate, I am playing in GZDoom 4.11.3, on Nuggets of Many difficulty, so closets working fine in another port won't guarantee them working in GZDoom. Wonky monsters physics amirite? And I'm not reporting excess supplies because this is of course balanced for coop, so if only one person is playing, yes, they will be overstacked on ammo, health, powerups, etc. Removing some supplies might result in some players having shit all to play with during a coop sesh, which is never fun! I think it would be best to leave the actual balancing to people playing together. The only thing I'd be worried about is some soulspheres/megaspheres being inside one another, meaning if a player tries to pick one up, they'll unintentionally collect every single one at once!

 

Map 4-2: Yeah, as reported above there's a stuck cyb and SMM in their teleporter closets, because the walls never lower.

Map 4-3: These cacos just wouldn't rise https://prnt.sc/7r6-U_CO5Xzz

Map 4-4: More funne teleporter closets https://prnt.sc/5z1ILbidQIO0

Map 4-5: Even more funne teleporter closets: https://prnt.sc/M2lDh9oLFgzV

These too: https://prnt.sc/UCj-ZicSiOYr

Map 4-6: I believe you forgot to tag this closet https://prnt.sc/Cmf8EeTHJ7sx

Edited by Firedust

Share this post


Link to post

Download Release Candidate 6 from Dropbox (RC6 - 30/12/23 Build - "Chickenmas Hangover")

 

Quite a list of changes for this one!

===RC5 -> RC6 CHANGES===
=EPISODE 3
MAP16: Adjusted Icon of Submarine to be more telegraphed. (new textures!)
	Stairs for Shopping Centre smoothed to aid monster traversal.
MAP17: You could lock yourself inside of the Red Skull House with tomfoolery. Button added near red skull to open the door whenever.
	The door to yellow key house looked wonky too.
	Demon closets widened, everything else tuned up too. (Always the pinkies isn't it?)
MAP18: Extra invulnerabilities on Multiplayer only appear on Medium or Easy. (too many)
	Countermeasure added to prevent demons from teleporting back to start.

=EPISODE 4
MAP20: Spawns for Spiderdemons and Cyberdemons fixed. (They weren't blocked, it was raw)
MAP21: Changes to intro area in Multiplayer.
	Cacos after first area raised a little (they're not meant to "rise", they're meant to simulate floating in from and then falling into space and out of sight once killed)
MAP22: Arachno-closet widened, other adjustments to monster closet.
MAP24: Pinkies closet widened. (again with the pinkies)

=EPISODE 5
MAP25: Multiplayer Cyberdemon given headroom with Pain Elemental after raising bridge.
	Multiplayer Cyberdemon near rocket tower removed (he has no reason to be there tbh)
	More Ammo Added for Multiplayer. (It's already pretty tight on singleplayer)
MAP26: Archvile Closet adjusted for single/multiplayer (sometimes they wouldn't go)
MAP28: Unblocked multiplayer cyberdemons/archviles at the very end.
MAP29: Multiplayer barons for red key start area warp in correctly.

=FUNNY MAPS
MAP32: Caco closets widened. Arachno closets widened.
	Extra teleport lines added to closets.
	Demon closets widened (they'll definitely teleport in now, we gave them vouchers)
	Arachnotrons near starting area unstuck.
	A little extra ammo on single and multiplayer now that the pinkies consistently spawn in
MAP33: Caco closets widened, extra teleport lines added

=OTHER
CREDIT: Updated with Firedust and Bnbhehe, and widened.
M_DOOM: Offsets updated to be better centred (with math!).

How poetic that battery farming practices were harming this wad.

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Chookum said:

Download Release Candidate 6 from Dropbox (RC6 - 30/12/23 Build - "Chickenmas Hangover")

 

Quite a list of changes for this one!


===RC5 -> RC6 CHANGES===
=EPISODE 3
MAP16: Adjusted Icon of Submarine to be more telegraphed. (new textures!)
	Stairs for Shopping Centre smoothed to aid monster traversal.
MAP17: You could lock yourself inside of the Red Skull House with tomfoolery. Button added near red skull to open the door whenever.
	The door to yellow key house looked wonky too.
	Demon closets widened, everything else tuned up too. (Always the pinkies isn't it?)
MAP18: Extra invulnerabilities on Multiplayer only appear on Medium or Easy. (too many)
	Countermeasure added to prevent demons from teleporting back to start.

=EPISODE 4
MAP20: Spawns for Spiderdemons and Cyberdemons fixed. (They weren't blocked, it was raw)
MAP21: Changes to intro area in Multiplayer.
	Cacos after first area raised a little (they're not meant to "rise", they're meant to simulate floating in from and then falling into space and out of sight once killed)
MAP22: Arachno-closet widened, other adjustments to monster closet.
MAP24: Pinkies closet widened. (again with the pinkies)

=EPISODE 5
MAP25: Multiplayer Cyberdemon given headroom with Pain Elemental after raising bridge.
	Multiplayer Cyberdemon near rocket tower removed (he has no reason to be there tbh)
	More Ammo Added for Multiplayer. (It's already pretty tight on singleplayer)
MAP26: Archvile Closet adjusted for single/multiplayer (sometimes they wouldn't go)
MAP28: Unblocked multiplayer cyberdemons/archviles at the very end.
MAP29: Multiplayer barons for red key start area warp in correctly.

=FUNNY MAPS
MAP32: Caco closets widened. Arachno closets widened.
	Extra teleport lines added to closets.
	Demon closets widened (they'll definitely teleport in now, we gave them vouchers)
	Arachnotrons near starting area unstuck.
	A little extra ammo on single and multiplayer now that the pinkies consistently spawn in
MAP33: Caco closets widened, extra teleport lines added

=OTHER
CREDIT: Updated with Firedust and Bnbhehe, and widened.
M_DOOM: Offsets updated to be better centred (with math!).

How poetic that battery farming practices were harming this wad.

Great. I recorded maps 16-20 again and everything looks smooth so far :) On DSDA everything should be working probably.

Regarding map 21 coop:
 

Spoiler


The problem there is actually the SSG not the rocket launcher, because of the first secret holding quite +40 shells. You can take some archviles with you before progressing because the teleportation linedef is after the lift. Maybe it would be better if it was before? I will play the map the intended way this time, maybe doesn't desync if there's a change.


Also Map 22 - coop

Spoiler

Arachnotrons got stuck again. It's a hit or miss with the teleporter it seems ...level-22-00004.zip


Map 24 - coop/single
 

Spoiler

Pinkie closet is still broken. Looking into UDB I see that a linedef that was in a previous version is missing. 

Previous version before RC:
image.png.19df6f8eb1e5310ba2ddb760c7863d18.png


RC6 is missing the generalized floor linedef:
image.png.5d2557c8441d560276b20d87a9938de7.png

Update - Map 23 Coop

 

Spoiler

I did another run once and this closet was fine which is full of coop only monsters. However in another playthrough while practicing they got stuck, probably because of the arachnotrons.
image.png.725dffd3a7bb2708584eb52e8ed5c0c9.png
image.png.3aaaaca5a079a55d184435b6c6205cac.png

Also before the blue corridor you can cheese the section a bit, by shooting rockets here to get rid of a lot of revenants & cacos before proceeding to the outside area
image.png.6a4cd20965028ec6df710b80ebaeb2cb.png

Finally, after the yellow key you can also lure cybers and monsters in the teleporter without opening the bars to get rid of a lot of roaming monsters (I rush to the yellow area with invuln and leave them alive hence this situation):
image.png.a34a1d4c6f8e6a20e89e617a47b0b4f4.png

Disclaimer: Don't get me wrong the level is still hard, probably one of the hardest to single segment so far for me, so these last 2 cheeses might not be necessary to change. Probably hardest besides map32 which I still haven't attempted due to the fixes and map 28 "Hotpot" later since ANYTHING in this map can kill you any moment due to monsters roaming freely everywhere).

Might be actually easier on Coop due to the invulnerabilities though.

 

Edited by bnbhehe

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×