Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chookum

[Boom (-cl 9)+Extras, on IDgames!] Headless Chicken: Delicious 33 Map Boom Megawad

Nobody else has mentioned it but maybe you've caught it on your own. I played through MAP33 for the heck of it on ITYTD and these pain elementals didn't teleport in with their neighbors. (I noclipped over to look which is why the lost souls are gone.) Looks like their teleport linedefs are just tagged to the wrong destination. Played on prboom plus if that matters.

doom.png

Fresh from the oven, it's MAP23: 4-5: Mars Base. A most techy of bases and the most tech per 64 unit square in Headless Chicken!

While Mars has been the ground zero for many a Demon invasion in the past, the UAC just keeps building bases and conducting odd experiments there. This is one such base, well stocked with logistics, offices, landing pads, waste disposal, a science dynamo, and even a little garden in the middle! Shame the demons have yoinked it all for their own nefarious ends.

Spoiler

doom416.png.912d9d1bac77851d5057d75b55b54f81.png

doom384.png.064c2b991770ca998aef702c6ec2c0b2.png

doom410.png.3456a3fea01a6a9a545a6dc2e828e5a9.png

doom413.png.c2f6213281bad591bf299c5df1a2d967.png

Additionally:

• DSPISTOL sound reduced by a couple of decibels.
  • Megasphere is now aesthetically pleasing.
  • A couple of small changes to MAP26: 5-2: Unreal Tech to highlight the Blue Skull's location and some small monster placement changes.
  • MAP33 Bug-fixes as found by @Lunar Sovereign addressed: Pain Elementals were not teleporting to where they were meant to be, and Cacodemons were teleporting in well ahead of time.

There's only three maps left to create for this chicken flavoured megawad, all of them in the Heck episode:

• 5-4: Hotpot
  • 5-5: Bisch-Bosch
  • FINAL: Bop on the Nose (1/3 complete)

Keep your eyes peeled for the the next release!

Alright map 23 done so I can pick up where I left off woo!

Great times - a few times I struggled with ammo but that could have been me. I missed the final yellow key switch but when playing it back I see the indicator goes all the way up the wall so I must be aloof - but also running around trying to survive and stuff

So fun to be back here the sounds and sights and colours - all the changes you made make it such a fun experience even tho the maps are getting long

Beautiful glorious stuff buddy

So excited for this to drop (this year hopefully?)! CC4 tex cities need more love and maps!

Great WAD, looking forward to it's finalization. Been playing and on map21 in the final room elevator I saw this issue:
767412411_Screenshotfrom2023-05-0509-17-57.png.2c704ef12f917a926267dc41ed1d967d.pngTechnically when monsters start walking on this elevator it breaks completely and goes up and down in different parts even. Dunno if my compatibility settings are wrong or this is intended.

Using dsda-doom v0.25.6 -complevel 9 on Ubuntu20.04.

Thanks again for this great WAD, this is also my first post so, hope it was helpful.

How do you get to map 33? Is it the usual way (i.e idclev)?

Cheers, Chookum!                                                                              

On 5/11/2023 at 7:04 PM, nobleflame said:

How do you get to map 33? Is it the usual way (i.e idclev)?

Cheers, Chookum!                                                                              

There is a secret exit in MAP32, but you can IDCLEV your way there too.

In addition I have been making smaller changes and uploads to fix bugs and try to tune small things. In particular I'm looking for a good set of sectors/actions to make the skydive of MAP01: 1-1: Touchdown work consistently between GZDoom on Default and DSDA-Doom and similar ports. In GZDoom the player gets yote so hard they can end up mounting a ledge and starting further in and close to the cyan switch - early on in development I put a fence up just to stop this from happening.

While I'm here, preview shots of MAP28: 5-4: Hotpot. I wanted to have a go at doing tall natural features that look intimidating from a distance - in Heck.

Spoiler

doom466.png.0cc8dc4acb368800564780f591831be3.png

doom468.png.71226cde46ad7b7532749b522ee82aeb.png

1893231634_HDLSCHKNat2023_05.1722-47-57.367R4049.jpg.d966dcd59767181abf9d64d27f2552b5.jpg

1793090960_HDLSCHKNat2023_05.1800-10-06.967R4049.jpg.01632b72a0400f8a34b98474c38169a8.jpg

It's extra spicy!

Hi Luca :) 

These uploads and bux fixes are included in the last download build? 

Nice shorter map to end the episode. I feel like I had an easier time than usual and might have got a little cheezy here n there lol 

Nice to finally have ya on for an adventure and other buddies too - colorful hell chaos good times - love the HECKYWOOD lol

Cool map - blind run and may have played it a little wrong lol but was fun - that opening was especially fun

Map 27 great map - right up my alley - interesting to find this was the firstish map you made for this and it ended up in such a high hell slot

Fun hanging out good times look forward to more

Who ordered the 5-4: Hotpot with additional spices? Watch out, as grabbing skulls adds more ingredients to the bowl!

Spoiler

doom529.png.880d31e5f369c103acb5c8655dd21e4c.png

doom546.png.c82c6fe2b79fc5e81b582ca097dc2de2.png

doom550.png.575f0ec2f32ff6ab3df4ab324549680c.png

doom555.png.b5df3655c4fad9ff5ba55ef27d92259c.png

In addition:

• Fix to MAP13 to ensure all enemies teleport into final sequence.
  • Fix to MAP33 to properly time to events after getting the red and blue skull key switches.
  • Some additional ammo added to MAP32 and the Blue Key room given much more bite.
  • Other additional little fixes to other maps too...
  • Invulnerability on old-school ports (DSDA, Woof) now Magenta/Gold.
  • New Script for ZDoom Ports: All Kills/Secrets Announcements.
  • New Option under Mod Options to disable Announcer Tallying all kills/secrets.
  • MAPINFO/UMAPINFO added with new intermission music for episode finishes and finale.
    • Full versions of MAPINFO/UMAPINFO added. Project's close enough to completion.
  • MAPINFO Game namespace fixes to fix title on ZDoom ports.
  • Announcer on/off code updated to be more robust.
  • "Bubblegum" text colour added to approximate AAliens gold-magenta colour gradient.

MAP29, 5-5: Bisch-Bosch is the next on the list. MAP30 is about halfway done already. I will try to release both together.

Edited by Chookum : forgot magenta/gold invuln colours

We are getting there, really excited for this one. I played it last year and hopefuly by the time you finish it I'll have forgotten everything.

@Chookum fun stuff - was nice to have all the resources to go to town - regretfully I couldn't figure out how to get golden invuln to work and I really wanted to experience that - way she goes I guess friggin GZ and it's 1 billion settings

Well, I played all the maps available right now and it really is a great Megawad you've been working on! Can't wait to play map 29 and 30! Keep up the good work!

18 hours ago, invictius said:

Why do the serious sam sprites on map 7 slow down framerates on a modest pc?

I'm unsure if the reason is because of the complex animated textures that surround the arena, or if my jank DEHACKED implementation of the Realm667 Kamikaze does not play nice with modern ports like GZDoom and needs a ZSCRIPT adaptation. The open nature of the map with few true walls leading everything to be rendered at once could also compound the issue.

Congrats on completing HC! Ever since I saw decino play some levels of the wad for the viewer submission series, this project has remained in the radar, and keeping up with it has been wonderful. I'll be sure to play it soon! (Also, damn, now I'm hungry for chicken nuggies.)

Congrats on finishing this! Ever since Decino played through a few maps of this, I've been keeping an eye out for it to be finished. It looks fantastic. I'm still in a mild case of Doom burnout, but I'll probably play through this once I finish the non-Doom game I'm currently playing. Maybe the final release will be up by then! 

(Also, I just realized I kinda said the same thing PsyDOOMer did, lol.)

Quick question. With the Ancient Aliens item pick up noise, sometimes I get a popping sound when picking up multiple items in a row. Any way to fix this? Thanks!