Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

Doom 3's beginning

They showed us the video at E3 but as I recall wasn't id going to do it from end to beginning instead of beginning to end? By E3 2002 they would not have the game done by then I would not think and so I get the suspicious feeling that isn't even what the beginning of the game will look like.

Alientank said:

They showed us the video at E3 but as I recall wasn't id going to do it from end to beginning instead of beginning to end? By E3 2002 they would not have the game done by then I would not think and so I get the suspicious feeling that isn't even what the beginning of the game will look like.

I hope the E3 stuff doesn't show the real beginning of the game (well, except for the intro cutscenes) - I hope the starting map is somehow changed so that the beginning isn't spoiled.

Yeah, they would start with the end levels first. Then slowly going to the beginning. But i think the levels from the e3 are just some presentation levels, not going to be in the final version.

HAMMER-STROKE said:

But i think the levels from the e3 are just some presentation levels, not going to be in the final version.

I doubt it, considering just how much work goes into doing those levels, but maybe these levels will show up in final game somewhat improved and slightly changed.

If anyone remembers the quake3 test,
Certain scenes from test arenas were added into final games arena's but never a full level.

Of course,the E3 show level might be the beging level of DOOM3.They might probably create all the levels already.after E3 ,id might take time to go looking all the level they made,add more details,recreate the level,finalize the level to the top id quality.

Dubh said:

If anyone remembers the quake3 test,
Certain scenes from test arenas were added into final games arena's but never a full level.

Yeah, but that was an official test. We're talkin' about an illegal Alpha here - that's something largely different.

Yeah, definatly too much work went into that presentation to not be included in the final product. I don't mind, it's just the intro, I would have seen it the first time I loaded doom III anyway, it didn't spoil much. The leaked alpha itself however, did.

Besides how could they change it? It's not like they could all of a sudden make up a new story line for Doom III. They could only change the rooms and models and sounds. It's most likely not going to happen.

Fact: You will get to walk around the facility before stuff goes wrong. This is not in the alpha.

Shaviro said:

Fact: You will get to walk around the facility before stuff goes wrong. This is not in the alpha.

Oh so kind of like half life

Shaviro said:

I'm really looking forward to that. I hope they come up with a different approach than Halflife's though. In Halflife you knew when something was about to go wrong. In Doom III, when walking around and talking to NPC's, it would be really cool if things started exploding and people started dying around you with no warning in advance. Boom!! Lights out.. People screaming, growling and haunting noizes, sounds of blood dripping off the ceiling, sounds of limbs being ripped off. Sort of like that scene from Die hard with a vengeance, in which a store blew up out of nowhere. That would scare the shit out of me.

Although all of this will probably not happen, <SPOILER> since you weren't able to see things from a first person perspective in the alpha and the leaked video.</SPOILER>

DSM:

I wasn't talking about the alpha.I haven't even played the alpha.I refuse to.
I was talking about the video.

And there was an article posted by a guy who went to E3 and described
the video as in three sections. I agree having seen the vid, you know the bits when the screen goes black and then resumes, who is to tell that these aren't snippets from three distant levels in the game.
Obviously we wont encounter a hellknight in level one.....but who knows

Dubh said:

DSM:

I wasn't talking about the alpha.I haven't even played the alpha.I refuse to.
I was talking about the video.

And there was an article posted by a guy who went to E3 and described
the video as in three sections. I agree having seen the vid, you know the bits when the screen goes black and then resumes, who is to tell that these aren't snippets from three distant levels in the game.
Obviously we wont encounter a hellknight in level one.....but who knows

Ok, but at any rate, you were talking about something illegal (or at least something "less public" than the Q3A test) and fyi, the E3 video is pretty similar to the alpha as far as levels and content is concerned afaik.
And that was pretty much what I was getting at.