Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mynameisnotgodkre

If you had to choose every bad part about doom and make it a seperate game, how would it be played?

I was messing around playing doom 2 and realized that "this game sucks!" when i reached The Focus, mind you I haven't played doom in a pretty long time so i was bound to say that when my stupid caveman brain was trying to have fun at 4am. This then led me to have a thought in my head and it went along the lines of "If doom had its bad parts and was turned into a seperate game, how would it play?" or something along those lines.

Thus you, the person reading this should leave your thoughts below. (this isn't forced)

Hypertension Simulator 666: An open world game (based on Habitat from TNT) where all the enemies are Lost Souls that one hit kill you. Features the pulse pounding music of D_Runnin and janky controls.

Russian Roulette but occasionally you get that Doom bug where the bullets just go through the enemy.

Circle strafing in a big empty room for 20 mins: the game (now with 400 revenant fireballs following you!)

26 minutes ago, Keykhosrau said:

Circle strafing in a big empty room for 20 mins: the game (now with 400 revenant fireballs following you!)

nearly half of all large maps

A platforming puzzle over a pit full of roaming pinkies who'll pluck you out of the sky.

24 minutes ago, Keykhosrau said:

MAP35 of NoYe be like

An endless series of unmarked doors, unmarked but mandatory secret passages, monsters placed on ledges below to block you mid-air, keys placed in unassuming/easily-missed spots, and to cap it all off: the game crashes with a loud, obnoxious sound whenever you try to save.

(All of my earliest "negative" memories of Doom and wads...! Thankfully the fun aspects greatly outweigh the not-so-fun aspects.)

Revenant missiles establish a stable orbit around the one place in which I can take cover.

//Kidding aside....

There would be the same exact key color pattern in every map.... Not talkin' sh!t about Heretic, but you know it's true!

dunno mmm
when I first got into doom I always thought you took like twice as much damage as what felt reasonable, and all the blue armor which mitigates that is hidden in secrets. and i never really liked arena lock ins, prefer dungeon crawling to a set path or a stage-y set up.

so mm everything i didn't like about doom 1 would add up roughly to doom 4 lol

A C&C style strategy game, in which the graphics used for the buildings will all be variations of "STARTAN1", "SHAWN2", "FLAT23", "GRAYTALL", and "FIREBLU", melee dedicated units can paralyze and destroy flying units, all units, including miners, will bounce around each other and may zig zag to get to their destination, most of the time, the'll get stuck on each other when in large groups, they'll also will get stuck on ledges and other types of level geometry.

Trees and other decoration assets around levels will block projectiles, and wouldn't let flying units to move past them.

The most powerful elite units would be total pushovers that can be killed by a mass group of lowly units, specially by paralyzing while coliding with them.

Superweapons would be either incredibly powerful and effective, or just annoying, depending on RNG.

Damaging floors will be a thing, and they will always be inconsistent and do 20% damage to all units, except mechanical ones.

You play endless levels filled with a mix of very big and very small and cramped, super dark rooms that have randomly blinking lights that are populated by those shitty ZDoom/GZDoom style stealth monsters.

1 minute ago, The BMFG said:

downtown from doom 2 and every time you open a door about 5 pain elementals spawn behind you

Oh… That’s a bad idea? Huh. Okay.

*Scraps map I’ve been developing for the last week*

1 hour ago, Faceman2000 said:

Oh… That’s a bad idea? Huh. Okay.

*Scraps map I’ve been developing for the last week*

please don't! id play it :( 
i love potatoes :D

With a keyboard only. No mouse.

This game would play like a slaughter map, nothing but giant groups of enemies that spawn in when you do things wrong. Kinda like how Serious Sam does it as a joke, if you pick up a certain item you get swarmed by hard enemies that will totally ruin the point of picking up said item. Like the game is teasing you.

As for Doom 2, some levels are cooler than others- maybe try playing Doom 2 on a lower difficulty next time, ultraviolence is annoying in my opinion. And I don't like a lot of the maps done by Sandy Petersen, they kinda suck. But the city is a cool one. Romero did better in my opinion.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Doom 2 is just a hodgepodge of maps they threw together, some are pretty cool, others are dumb.

Edited by Hellektronic