Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eldomtom2

How do I replace the mugshot with a static image in GZDoom?

I want to replace the animated mugshot with a single static image. How do I do this? I'm using GZDoom and zScript.

Easy enough to do. Each face graphic is stored separately in DOOM2.WAD, the STF* series of images. Just take your desired image, and replace all of the faces in your own WAD with that image in Slade (use the same name as the ones from DOOM2.WAD so they get overwritten).

So there isn't a way to just use code to set my image to be used in all instances, I have to make a bunch of duplicates?

1 hour ago, eldomtom2 said:

So there isn't a way to just use code to set my image to be used in all instances, I have to make a bunch of duplicates?

If you wanted to have things be vanilla compatible, yes. But otherwise, yeah you can use code in GZDoom to do it. You would have to make a custom player class and use the Player.Face property. I'm not to familiar with it unfortunately so that's the best I can give you.

Is there someone out there who is? I've tried doing that (I want a custom player class for other reasons anyway) but the end result is just a blank mugshot.