Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Daffodils is a single level pk3 made in a week, practicing on a pk3 features and etc.

I decided to set a goal, to make a map in a week(yeah, i hate myself)

It doesn't look very good, but I tried my best.I can’t say that it turned out to be a bad project, but for me it means at least something, i hope you enjoy it :)

And yes, too many bugs :/

Sourceport: GZDoom (minimum v4.4.2)

IWAD: doom2

Credits inside pk3 file

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20220417_130627.png.d1580cc9514a22b41dba37dedd506b0a.pngScreenshot_Doom_20220417_130726.png.054c1fc98aa5d058715c3e530aef41cc.pngScreenshot_Doom_20220417_130755.png.76c13dec10ef2c9e51814ed5f29fdbb3.pngScreenshot_Doom_20220417_130840.png.95f872f928967f4dc6634fb19c5a8fca.png

Download Daffodils

Daffodils1.zip

This map is on the verge of being really good, I just have a couple of nitpicks which hampered my enjoyment slightly. The pistol has recoil, so if you're not using freelook your view gets jerked up every time you fire it. Also, reloading after every shot gets tiresome. These issues are pretty minor as you get a shotgun fairly quickly. The bigger issue for me is the lack of weapons through the rest of the map. Only getting a sg and cg to deal with mobs of barons, revenants and cacodemons makes cleaning them all up a real chore. The map has cells and rockets peppered throughout, but no weapon to use them with :( At the ending cyber fight, all the good weapons are piled up there but by that time you only need the plasma rifle so having the other weapons there doesn't help much.

The music is great :) The revolver isn't ;) The map is pretty cool, but I found the last fight to be a bit overkill (I guess the secret is the BFG?). Guess I need to get better at secret hunting.

Interesting WAD. The architecture and detailing is pretty good, but the lack of armour with so many hitscanners, and the abundance of Hell Knights and Barons with a lack of more powerful weapons hurt me enjoyment of the map. I had to cheese the penultimate fight. I also skipped killing a bunch of the hell knights in the central atrium. 

The revolver was a mixed bag: it felt pretty fun and unique to use, but the recoil and constant reloading makes using it a chore. Binding reload to the right-mouse button probably makes it easier to use and strafe while spamming. It does act buggy when you're at 6 bullets. It becomes much slower to cock and also uses up bullets to reload. 

Anyway, here's the video: 

1 hour ago, Pistoolkip said:

Interesting WAD. The architecture and detailing is pretty good, but the lack of armour with so many hitscanners, and the abundance of Hell Knights and Barons with a lack of more powerful weapons hurt me enjoyment of the map. I had to cheese the penultimate fight. I also skipped killing a bunch of the hell knights in the central atrium. 

The revolver was a mixed bag: it felt pretty fun and unique to use, but the recoil and constant reloading makes using it a chore. Binding reload to the right-mouse button probably makes it easier to use and strafe while spamming. It does act buggy when you're at 6 bullets. It becomes much slower to cock and also uses up bullets to reload. 

Anyway, here's the video: 

Thank you very much, I know I screwed up of course

45 minutes ago, russin22 said:

Thank you very much, I know I screwed up of course

Screwing up is a big word. The map could have used some playtesting and tinkering. I've send maps to playtesters in much worse conditions.

It was still enjoyable - but there is room for improvement

I have that revolver in a mod and had to fix it quite a bit. The original author had few things placed in the wrong order, or in ways that I didn't agree with. LOL.  Feel free to use the decorate for it I fixed for my NAMTUB.

revolverdecorateonly.zip