Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EPICALLL

Hey, can someone play my wad?

OK. So here's the story.
I've developed a lot on my WAD and I need someone to test it because I need to know it's current appeal. It's about 75% done and some maps need to be replaced (maps 26-32 do not exist yet) Because as it stands I do not know quality-wise how it is. I find it quite difficult to judge my own maps. So If anybody doesn't mind spending about 4 hours of time playing through my wad, I would be more than happy to receive a review. Heck, even just a one sentence review of each map will do just fine, maybe add on a overall score for each of the maps and the WAD as a whole for a gauge to your enjoyment. So, if you want to, thanks in advance.

Requirements:
GZDOOM
IWAD: tnt evilution
These maps were built for mouselook, but not for jump. so turn jumping off.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W6aj7GbgLcBcYjDmBvsUG0LaTsInGUxn/view?usp=sharing
(google drive link because is pretty large wad file due to doom 1 textures.) So, sorry for the file size. (p.s. this wad does not contain IWADS like decino notoriously said it did.)

Yeah, sure thing. Just give me a few hours, because here it's early in the morning and I've gotta eat. (And then take some screenshots.)

Map01-- pretty fun. Solid little starter map! Hectic opening but nothing horrible. Died twice to which I  started save scumming afterward. All Kills and All Secrets found. Secret 2 is hard but not anything impossible.

Map 02. Nice opening. The Skeleton trap is a little much with only a Shotgun alone, no ammo for Chaingun.

Stopped playing at that point. But will probably play some more since I was enjoying what I was seeing. Its good vanilla style and in vein with Evilution so I'm definitely diggin it so far. 

The maps I played were played on Ultra-violence. I didn't seek to complete each map to 100% since I didn't know what I was getting into.

MAP01: Fairly intense beginning. Died once to a shotgunner. Map layout felt kind of disjointed. Techbase leads into an open room that I can see outside, and then a storage room. 

MAP02: Seeing a Baron first thing was not expected. Spent a lot of time door-fighting the first room which felt cheap due to the Baron and hitscanners(25 enemies before entering). The next few rooms feel very tedious with the OG shotgun. The Revenant ambush at the Soulsphere is overkill. The rad-suit in the slime-pit is near impossible to reach and would take too long to clear before grabbing it. Unless I've missed some equalizing weapons, The slime pit is just unfair and offputting. Overall, this map is borderline unplayable on Ultra-Violence. I had to complete it in God mode by running to the end. 

MAP03: Baron ambush in the starting room sucked. Initially, I gave up on this Megawad after getting murdered several times in the hallway with the countless Lost Souls. I gave MAP03 another try and was able to complete it on UV. I do appreciate the Super Shotgun showing up at some point. However, 3 maps in, the amount of work it took to get to it, and the overkill of Barons, Hellknights, and Revenants needed to grab it made it not worth the effort. I'd also like to point out that your hallways are way too narrow... especially if you fill them with hitscanners, and use enemies like Cacodemons to gatekeep the next room(which had I managed to get in the Caco room, there wouldn't have been any room to fight them). 

MAP04: Super easy map for UV. The maze didn't really stand out, but wasn't difficult to solve. Decent ammo placement. Rooms had sufficient space to fight. Appreciate the Plasma Rifle secret. There are 5 Zombie-Men that are stuck in place and are not killable. I see they're marked friendly, but don't do anything. Killed all other enemies. 2/6 secrets were accessible. 4 are on top of the boxes in the hidden room, which I believe is an accident via sector division. 

MAP05: Map has over 250 enemies. 80-90 of them until you reach the 4th Arch-Vile with the Barons and Hellknights, in which the difficulty shoots up significantly and into slaughter territory. The canyon is filled beyond excess and was reliant on ammo pickup for weapons that aren't equalizing. This map makes me realize that there's no break between rooms. Nearly ran out of ammo. Was almost entirely reliant on secrets for health and ammo, which is not good. I don't think I'm going to play any further than this. 

MAP06: Very tedious, maze-like. Thought it was Tricks & Traps for a moment. This map makes it more clear that the lengths and sizes of these maps are unnecessarily large by just making hallways longer and more full of enemies. It's unnecessary filler and could be cut down drastically. 

MAP07: Starting this map at super low health makes it extremely frustrating. The room expanding post Baron/Hellknight/Pinkie fight adds significant stress that can be offputting to new players. Again, this map reiterates my point of not having adequate room to breathe. The massive Imp/Mancubus ambush feels as though it's an encounter you made more difficult simply because you know it exists and the player doesn't. On UV, it isn't possible to beat in that corner to the left. Found all keys, but can't get the exit door open. 

Overall, the first 3 levels I've played were not enjoyable, and I really had to push myself to get this far. The enemy count is way too high for the maps I played, and the enemy types are too difficult with such inadequate firepower. As of right now, these encounters are too densely populated with enemies that require something stronger than the OG shotgun. The Chaingun and Rocket Launcher helps, but trying to fight my way out of a corner with Pinkies, Revenants and hitscanners with no end in sight is overwhelming and unpleasant.  

Please take this as constructively as possible, as this was tested on Ultra-Violence and more-than-likely, enemy spawns were not altered for higher difficulties. Cut down some of the enemies in the encounters, make heavier weapons more easily available for harder enemies, and this might end up in a better direction.

EDIT: Completed MAP03 and expanded on my explanation for it above. 

I'm under the impression that you're going for high difficulty(which isn't bad), but overcrowding rooms with heavy enemies and low ammo/sufficient weaponry isn't the way to go about it. It's too artificial and offputting of a difficulty experience that does not rival Plutonia or Ultra-Violence in general. 

EDIT 2: Decided to play MAP06 and MAP07 as well. 

Edited by Powerhouse Willington : Clarification + additional notes for MAP03/04/05/06/07

Played on ITYTD (after reading the comments so far).

Map 01: Solid opening. Nothing much to say about it. 6/10

Map 02: I might have missed a weapon in map 1, but the first door opens and there's a baron of hell. Giving the player only the shotgun (not to mention pistol start) and opening the level with a baron isn't fun or challenging. It's just tedious. The nukage tunnel with the two revenants at the end is another no-go without at least the SSG in my book. The ending of the level was also quite surprising. Maybe put a sign up somewhere? 3/10

Map 03: Yeah... two barons wake up right at the start, still only a shotgun, small room and having to press two buttons to get to the rocket launcher. Having double ammo for this helps, but it doesn't feel like a good compromise. Also not giving the player more than 35% health (plus a few blue bottles) after this start isn't balanced. What's up with the music? Sounds a bit... random. The chaingunner hallway is anothe example of what not to do. You can easily funnel them at a corner and kill them one by one. So they aren't that much of a problem (if you have the ammo at that point), just busy work. Then there the cacos. Too many. Way too many. Yellow key in front of the yellow door -> If it was a test how keys work just remove the key and make it a normal door. Again a weird exit. 2/10

Map 04: Okay. This was way too easy. No idea why this is map 4. Make this map 2? 4/10

Map 05: Not bad. The outdoor area with the cyber demon seemed familiar. Again a sign that the map ends behind the yellow door would be nice. 6/10

Overall the maps are a bit too linear and it would be an idea to mix enemy types together rather than just adding a bunch of the same kind. The pacing in the maps (except for map 5) feel a bit off. Also the maps don't get graduately harder, but feel all over the place. Design wise it's very simple, but not bad. Map 4 is quite bland and repetitive though.

Since it's mainly the encounters that aren't fun, it shouldn't be too time consuming to tweak them. I hope this helps a bit.

Just some random notes. I'll edit this post and try to do at least five maps a day.

Tested with: GZDoom 4.7.1

Played on: Ultra Violence

Map01: School

- A nice opening map. Very short and to the point.

- Combat generally feels good.

-It's a bit cramped here and there.

- The map is a bit hitscan heavy for my liking

- There are very little health items in the map, despite it being played on UV

- Why did you move the doomguy mugshot so that it's off centre ?. It look a bit odd, in my opinion.

- Why is it called school?

- You need to give appropriate credit for the music you used.

Map02: Overtaken warehouse

- I had to IDDQD my way out of this one

- You can't expect the player to survive when you flood areas with enemies and they are not suffiently equipped to deal with that threat. The player is only armed with a shotgun and chaingun for the majority of the map. Throwing a half a dozen revenants at them is not a good idea.

- There isn't nearly enough health in this map. There's more than enough ammo in the latter half, though.

- I like the destroyed wall and small tunnel. Very nice bit of detailing

Map03: Machinery

This map isn't particularly interesting to look at.

- The hallways are extremely bland and under-detailed.

- There's very little height variation.

- Refer to my previous points on players being underequipped to deal with encounters.

- Hallways are cramped.

- Combat feels repetitive and middling due to the player only being equipped with a shotgun, chaingun and not enough rockets for the Rocket launcher to take on higher tiers. The SSG only comes into play in the latter half of the map. 

Map04: Alert

- The mesh of different themes don't work well together.

- The outdoor area looks nice. I wish there were more areas like this.

- Why are there zombiemen frozen in place?

- This pit (and the one opposite it) is a softlock and the one has  misaligned textures:

https://imgur.com/a/2tPxJkX 

https://imgur.com/a/qbQsZmN

Map05: Darkness

Using a light texture as a door is a odd choice.

-  To get over the chasm the player will be forced to whittle away enemies health at a distance. This is not enjoyable in the slightest 

- Refer to my previous comment on throwing too much at the player. The latter half of the map is a chief offender of this.

Map06: Quattor

- Long hallways filled with monsters becomes repetitive very quickly.

- It is also not possible to survive these hallways. I had to use IDDQD once again.

- The hallways are also very under-detailed.

Map07: Bloodbath

Same problems as the last two maps, though there is some detailing on display here.

- I don't think the map is beatable. The exit door won't open. I looked in the editor and map 07 and map 14 do not exist. You mentioned that map 26-32 does not exist, so I don't know if this is related or not.

I Played the first part of map08 and I think I need to be brutally honest: I don't think it's a good idea for you to be doing a one man megawad. You need to start small, but remain ambitious. Start with single maps and gradually increase your output. It's what I'm trying to do. I'm not trying to dampen your enthusiasm. I really like that you are enthusiastic and ambitious. I just think it would be better if you were to start small. At the end of the day, this is my opinion and my advice. It's up to you to decide whether to take it or not.

I made the music myself, so credit goes to me.

The maps are indeed possible. This is a skill issue, really. I found no ammo shortage throughout my playthrough so... Really difficulty is a you problem.  There is a secret in the right hand pit of map04. And you're not supposed to be able to get out of the left hand pit. The frozen zombiemen are a detail to show that the library is being used. Your solution to the chasm in map05 can be approached differently. (I.E. looking for secrets) map06 is going to be replaced anyways, same with map03. So really, I can't take much from that. And in map07, the exit door is bugged. And as for the shifted doomguy mugshot... It's a bug that appeared one day and I have no knowledge of it's origin. Map07 is also possible. In fact, it's kinda easy. Again, this is a you problem. Map08 is honestly the second-to-worst map IMO. So I understand why you stopped there. I don't have much to say. Really, a lot of these flaws I'm already well aware of and they simply have not been fixed yet. (Trust me the wad gets better after map08, map17 I feel is the low point, but 9, 14, 18, 23, 24, 25 are all pretty solid.) The rest are likely to be replaced, also the map name for map01 didn't change for some reason in slade. Don't know what happened there. Have a nice day. Cheers! :)

10 hours ago, kalensar said:

Map01-- pretty fun. Solid little starter map! Hectic opening but nothing horrible. Died twice to which I  started save scumming afterward. All Kills and All Secrets found. Secret 2 is hard but not anything impossible.

Map 02. Nice opening. The Skeleton trap is a little much with only a Shotgun alone, no ammo for Chaingun.

Stopped playing at that point. But will probably play some more since I was enjoying what I was seeing. Its good vanilla style and in vein with Evilution so I'm definitely diggin it so far. 

Ok, so... heads up... Imma just put a list of maps sorted by overall quality in my opinion. (If there's an R next to it, it's slated to be replaced.

MAP01

MAP25

MAP24

MAP14

MAP04

MAP05

MAP23

MAP18

MAP19

MAP02

MAP07

MAP09

MAP11 (R)

MAP13 (R)

MAP03 (R)

MAP06 (R)

MAP12 (R)

MAP15 (R)

MAP16 (R)

MAP20 (R)

MAP21 (R)

MAP22 (R)

MAP08 (R)

MAP10 (R?)

MAP17 (R)

Ok, so... yeah. The beginning and end I consider to be solid, but the middle is mainly mushy, bad, old, garbage.

7 hours ago, TheCyberDruid said:

Again a sign that the map ends behind the yellow door would be nice.

There is tho

32 minutes ago, EPICALLL said:

Really difficulty is a you problem.

I’ll see what other playtesters have to say on the matter. Here is a list of active playtesters:

34 minutes ago, EPICALLL said:

Ok, so... yeah. The beginning and end I consider to be solid, but the middle is mainly mushy, bad, old, garbage.

Calling the bulk of your wad “garbage” isn’t really making my decision to continue any easier. I’ll consider playing more tomorrow. I just think you should have more faith in your creations.

Just now, Silent Wolf said:

I’ll see what other playtesters have to say on the matter. Here is a list of active playtesters:

Calling the bulk of your wad “garbage” isn’t really making my decision to continue any easier. I’ll consider playing more tomorrow. I just think you should have more faith in your creations.

I already did that thing with the whole playtester thing. And I kid you not, TWO. REPLIES. I contacted everybody on the list and got TWO REPLIES. So there's that. Also, I refer to the bulk of the wad as garbage because I only have my opinion. Nobody's made it past map 8.

2 minutes ago, EPICALLL said:

I already did that thing with the whole playtester thing. And I kid you not, TWO. REPLIES. I contacted everybody on the list and got TWO REPLIES.

Some of those playtesters are only partially active. That’s probably why they haven’t responded. Try people like Biodegradable and Clippy, though I don’t know if they’d be willing to do full megawads.

3 minutes ago, EPICALLL said:

Nobody's made it past map 8.

I’ll try some more tomorrow, but if nobody’s made it past map08 then there are some serious problems. The problems you solved already should be in another release, in case I missed something. Don’t worry, I’ll keep trying tomorrow.

Continuing on! I've adjusted my plays to your list of ones you consider good!

Map24-- Beat from a Pistol Start!! Thats a major plus point for sure. Its  a solid map that is decent in it's own right. I mixes a lot of elements from various obvious inspirations. The weakest part was the Cyberdemon fight. Sound silly but a rocket duel there would have been a bit more fun rather than just a fast BFG fight... leaving me with a BFG for the last 1/3rd of the map to go! Aka it was a cakewalk after that. If tidied up a bit on some texturing here and there, aka like the giant square box in Cyber room, then this would be a passable map. The lava mazes were annoying but not hard. I'll give this map a solid 6 cacos out of 10 for layout, 5 for difficulty and 4 for texturing.

Map25-- Completely unplayable and a forced pistol start on top of it. Not enough ammo for 3 cacodemons after the 1st room.

6 hours ago, Silent Wolf said:

Some of those playtesters are only partially active. That’s probably why they haven’t responded. Try people like Biodegradable and Clippy, though I don’t know if they’d be willing to do full megawads.

I’ll try some more tomorrow, but if nobody’s made it past map08 then there are some serious problems. The problems you solved already should be in another release, in case I missed something. Don’t worry, I’ll keep trying tomorrow.

In my head, I solved them, but I haven't physically solved them yet.

1 hour ago, kalensar said:

Continuing on! I've adjusted my plays to your list of ones you consider good!

Map24-- Beat from a Pistol Start!! Thats a major plus point for sure. Its  a solid map that is decent in it's own right. I mixes a lot of elements from various obvious inspirations. The weakest part was the Cyberdemon fight. Sound silly but a rocket duel there would have been a bit more fun rather than just a fast BFG fight... leaving me with a BFG for the last 1/3rd of the map to go! Aka it was a cakewalk after that. If tidied up a bit on some texturing here and there, aka like the giant square box in Cyber room, then this would be a passable map. The lava mazes were annoying but not hard. I'll give this map a solid 6 cacos out of 10 for layout, 5 for difficulty and 4 for texturing.

Map25-- Completely unplayable and a forced pistol start on top of it. Not enough ammo for 3 cacodemons after the 1st room.

If you like short city maps, you'll like map14, no doubt.

Also, map25 is possible. In fact, it's even possible to get 100% kills! Including the TWO cyberdemons, albeit, you have to use infighting. And sometimes I don't intend enemies to die. But rather use them as obstacles to work around instead of work through.

24 minutes ago, EPICALLL said:

If you like short city maps, you'll like map14, no doubt.

Also, map25 is possible. In fact, it's even possible to get 100% kills! Including the TWO cyberdemons, albeit, you have to use infighting. And sometimes I don't intend enemies to die. But rather use them as obstacles to work around instead of work through.

I like maps of all sorts of styles. Me and a couple other dudes are here are some of the most active play testers that I see active in the forums. My specialty is GZDoom, but I have a raging love vanilla style maps of all sorts that are specifically non-slaughter

Now with that last statement, I enjoy slaughter elements, used tastefully. on your MAP25,  Your tactic of Zero Ammo and dodging around 3 cacodemons in a tight room after getting out of a sticky place in Room 1? Not a good call. I would rather Mike Tyson a Hell Knight with no berserk than deal with 3 cacodemons That immediately block the door?  You can box a Hell Knight. You cannot box a cacodemon or even 3. So no, You may find it beatable as a creator. Me as a casual player will just laugh and move on to a better map to play.

10 minutes ago, kalensar said:

I like maps of all sorts of styles. Me and a couple other dudes are here are some of the most active play testers that I see active in the forums. My specialty is GZDoom, but I have a raging love vanilla style maps of all sorts that are specifically non-slaughter

Now with that last statement, I enjoy slaughter elements, used tastefully. on your MAP25,  Your tactic of Zero Ammo and dodging around 3 cacodemons in a tight room after getting out of a sticky place in Room 1? Not a good call. I would rather Mike Tyson a Hell Knight with no berserk than deal with 3 cacodemons That immediately block the door?  You can box a Hell Knight. You cannot box a cacodemon or even 3. So no, You may find it beatable as a creator. Me as a casual player will just laugh and move on to a better map to play.

I'm starting to experiment with a less is more kind of style. I'm starting to instead of adding more enemies for difficulty, I'm changing the enemies in the room. Sort of like sunlust. Also, In concept, a lot of my ideas get ran by people and they love it. And then when it comes to forming those ideas, it just falls apart.

7 hours ago, Silent Wolf said:

Mainly because of map08 and map08 alone, really.

Just played map08 from a Pistol Start

Ran out of ammo with very few wasted shots after getting the Blue Key. Ran out of Ammo at the Double Pain Elemental Closet. Literally zero hope of beating that from a pistol start with those kinds of odds against you. =D

58 minutes ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

I played map 01 and i notice this, idk what map format you used but i wanted to show you this.

Are you using the TNT IWAD as stated in the OP?

15 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

Are you using the TNT IWAD as stated in the OP?

Ok that makes sense, I have the Plutoina IWAD not the TNT one. My bad

31 minutes ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

Yeah man, tnt. Also, heads up. Uhh... brace yourself for map08. It's really just terrible in every way imaginable. Also, this is quite possible to beat. And I fact I find some of the maps to be REALLY easy. Even on UV. Then again, I've come to realize that I'm just really good at doom. But still, if you have trouble, skill issue.

36 minutes ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

You can use FreeDoom 2 and Beautiful Doom in order to simulate TNT IWAD and vanilla doom accurately with Doom monsters to skin over the Freedoom 2 monsters.

Reached to MAP05 since i was at 5% after going outside. A bit reminded me of my first WAD which is filled up with tons of monsters.

Although same as my first attempt, there are some big issues that it would be nice to see it fixed in some future or an next project.

First, the size of the WAD is very large considering the simplistic design of the maps (my first WAD contained 32 maps and it was only 2.5 mb), and checking on SLADE, it contains pretty much the entire TNT WAD with custom stuff. You might need to use a PWAD with just the necessary patches without the duplicates of the IWAD.

If you want, open the first map and click on Save as... option in the editor, then open SLADE and take all the custom stuff like textures, music and etc in there. And for the maps it's just better using the Save Map into... option to the newer WAD. In that way you will save a ton of file size and the WAD will be distributed pretty easily.

And beginning with the maps, MAP01 is very fun to be honest, the simplistic design is always appealing to me and the playing with the switches too.

MAP02 is the one that i've didn't enjoy, too crowded and cramped. And the nukage area with the Revenants and Hell Knights considering are the strongest enemies in the map is really annoying with just the shotgun. I didn't even get the 100% kills on the map since i was too low in health and ammo. Also the MIDIs on the next 2 maps ends abruptly and it goes on a weird silence before loops again.

MAP03 same as before, too crowded and cramped, but at least there's the super shotgun. And MAP04 it's just an library maze with too little to offer, and stuck zombiemans?

And MAP05 where i was so little in ammo and died with 5% health and didn't want to cheat so i leave it there lol. Overall, it is enjoyable but you should fix the issues like the ammo placement, more open areas and a more varied enemy placement, then you would have a very enjoyable WAD with tons of replayability. Perhaps you should watch on Youtube some tips and recommendations about Doom mapping which is very useful to know for the future Doom projects. Hope you take care and stay creating Doom maps!

Edited by MPS : Correction IWAD

15 hours ago, EPICALLL said:

I contacted everybody on the list...

ANon: *checks back to the playtest thread, our inbox and our own Play tester Advertisement thread.* Um, Not everyone was contacted cause we've received nothing and we're on that Play tester request list.
At any rate, we're admittedly not able to be as super active on playtesting WADs [aka, playing through and go making videos/reviews] as we're pretty much needing time to get stuff done. However, we might be able to chip in here and pass on a first impressions set of updates, just so you can get more information on your work. We understand the need to hear SOMETHING about progress and whatnot. So, we did start playing through the first four levels and well... here's a short version on what we think.

Map 01: 
Monké: Somewhat of a rough start but simple enough. Confirmed Single-Seg but expect some slaps in the face.
Thingie!: Umm, secrets felt a little weird. On first impressions wasn't sure how the teleporter one opened up.
Artie: The map looks cluttered and in some senses, gives the feeling of claustrophobia.

ANon: Improvement: For the first map, feels a little excessive having hitscanners all around at the start. Gives the impression you're wanting to ramp up difficulty quickly.

Map 02: 
Monké: Pistol-Started and Single-Seg. Missed the secret. It's certainly harder but seems more down to the availability of resources. Helps knowing what you're about to fight though. The Baron with a shotgun though is boring.
Thingie!: Yey, Secret Exit [looks to go to Pharaoh for now though]. Secret could use a slight hint on the map, did have to confirm if the Blue Skull existed. Which it did.
Artie: Simple, but effective. Car's a nice touch too. Looks nicer in it's presentation than your opener.

ANon: Improvement: If NOTHING else, turn the Baron into a Hell Knight. It's just a slog honestly.

Map 03:
Monké: Pistol-Started and Single-Seg. Boring encounters. It's a linear fight that feels way too forced, the only bit where I was engaged slightly was the Caco ambush.
Thingie!: Secrets definitely make the map a bit easier, though personally not a fan of enemies in secrets, since it pollutes the Kills and Secret count somewhat. Liked the barrels :D It was kinda fun using them as a trap.
Artie: Worse design than in Map 01. The claustrophobia returns and have to agree with Monké. It's rather bland in execution.

ANon: Improvement: Even just creating a few dead ends would help for a sense of unexpected developments. But this map is honestly needing more time to rework as it feels FAR too corridor focused.

Map 04:
Monké: Pistol-Started and Single-Seg. To give some credit it's thankfully not the old brick mazes. But now I understand some of the comments about this being Map 02. It's arguably the most straight-forward map so far. Serviceable, not much else to say.
Thingie!: BUG REPORT!!! The secrets in this map are wonky. They be on the crates, making them inaccessible. Also as a small annoyance point, unless we are mistaken. The toxin pool, one side leads to a way back and secret, one is a death pit with no escape. Feels rather mean.
Artie: Rather odd choice, one thinks it's like a Hedge Maze, but indoors. It can certainly be worse, but something to consider would be variances in the design and a few landmarks. They would help to make the map feel a little less copy pasted.

ANon: Improvement: Either, allow for some traps within the Library's Labyrinth... OR switch Map's position.

ANon: Understand that this more or less, close to RAW impressions. We normally prefer doing organised posts but felt it'd be wise to give this quick fire format a shot. Especially, since we just stumbled onto this. We'll try and come back later with more impressions. Signing off for now.

2 hours ago, MPS said:

Reached to MAP05 since i was at 5% after going outside. A bit reminded me of my first WAD which is filled up with tons of monsters.

Although same as my first attempt, there are some big issues that it would be nice to see it fixed in some future or an next project.

First, the size of the WAD is very large considering the simplistic design of the maps (my first WAD contained 32 maps and it was only 2.5 mb), and checking on SLADE, it contains pretty much the entire TNT WAD with custom stuff. You might need to use a PWAD with just the necessary patches without the duplicates of the IWAD.

If you want, open the first map and click on Save as... option in the editor, then open SLADE and take all the custom stuff like textures, music and etc in there. And for the maps it's just better using the Save Map into... option to the newer WAD. In that way you will save a ton of file size and the WAD will be distributed pretty easily.

And beginning with the maps, MAP01 is very fun to be honest, the simplistic design is always appealing to me and the playing with the switches too.

MAP02 is the one that i've didn't enjoy, too crowded and cramped. And the nukage area with the Revenants and Hell Knights considering are the strongest enemies in the map is really annoying with just the shotgun. I didn't even get the 100% kills on the map since i was too low in health and ammo. Also the MIDIs on the next 2 maps ends abruptly and it goes on a weird silence before loops again.

MAP03 same as before, too crowded and cramped, but at least there's the super shotgun. And MAP04 it's just an library maze with too little to offer, and stuck zombiemans?

And MAP05 where i was so little in ammo and died with 5% health and didn't want to cheat so i leave it there lol. Overall, it is enjoyable but you should fix the issues like the ammo placement, more open areas and a more varied enemy placement, then you would have a very enjoyable WAD with tons of replayability. Perhaps you should watch on Youtube some tips and recommendations about Doom mapping which is very useful to know for the future Doom projects. Hope you take care and stay creating Doom maps!

The zombiemen are looking at the books. They're purely there for decorative purposes.

I finished map08

Map08: Descent into Madness

- I like the central gimmick of descending to the bottom of an elevator shaft. I do think you could have put a higher tier monster near the switch, though.

-  There are way too many PE's in this map. At one point they completely block the way forward.

Do you want me to continue? My thoughts are basically the same for map09 as far as I've played.