Tea or coffee?

Tea or coffee?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Tea or coffee?

• Tea.
    • Coffee.
    • Both.
    • Neither.

I thought this was Doomboy's area? Oh well. Both liquids have their plusses. I love how coffee gets me jittery and is my liquid courage. And tea is my relaxant and generally pleasant stuff. You can't lose either way.

Tea? Relaxant? It contains caffeine, you know.

I prefer tea, and drink it regularly. Once in a while I drink coffee as 'medicine', usually when I have to wake up way too early :). I want to get the equipment for Turkish coffee, though.

The relaxation part must be a placebo. Damn, now that I'm aware of it's caffeine-nature, it probably won't relax me anymore, as my illusions of what I thought it does are gone now. :P

Vulg@r said:

The relaxation part must be a placebo. Damn, now that I'm aware of it's caffeine-nature, it probably won't relax me anymore, as my illusions of what I thought it does are gone now. :P

I guess it relaxes me cause it's a hot drink and I can drink lots before I get sick... whereas coffee makes me sick after 4 cups ;)

From the caffeine faq (http://coffeefaq.com/caffaq.html):

Drip                    115-175
   Espresso                100mg of caffeine in 1 serving (1.5-2oz) 
   Brewed coffee           80-135
   Instant coffee          65-100
   Decaf, brewed           3-4
   Decaf, instant          2-3
   Tea, iced (12 ozs.)     70
   Tea, brewed, imported   60
   Tea, brewed, U.S.       40
   Tea, instant            30
   Mate                    25-150mg

Both, but I have coffee more often. And the "tea" I usually have isn't really tea... just one of those other plants from which humans make "tea." Heh, I haven't had mate in a while. It's very popular here.

I love teh bean, but not every morning. Usualy once or twice a week with experimentive flavors. Most teas I don't really like, though iced tea is okay, and Thai tea is the fucking shit. If you EVER go to a Thai restaurant, get the Thai tea - it's as essential as those little meat stick appetizers they have.

Coffee is often only as good as it's flavor. I'm rather fond of coffee with a raspberry flavor. By the way, did you know that South American indians, when making coffee, used cinnamon to flavor the grounds? People do it today with good results. :)

Vulg@r said:

Coffee is often only as good as it's flavor. I'm rather fond of coffee with a raspberry flavor. By the way, did you know that South American indians, when making coffee, used cinnamon to flavor the grounds? People do it today with good results. :)

That sounds really good :D

mmMmmmm... cinna-brew ;)

Vulg@r said:

Oh man. That reminds me of back in the day when I always went to Barnes and Noble with my best friend and we'd sit down with our mochas and read while experimenting with the flavors they had there. Thats where I learned the joy of fresh cane sugar (the dark crystaly stuff).

/me gets wistful

Man,I've got to get back to the Barnes and Noble here. Though I forget how much their mochas and brews generally cost. The coffee shop there is a place where college students bitch about philosophy...fun stuff.

Heh...my friend once ordered a triple-shot. He was 10x his wired self that day.

Coffee.
I hate it when people come over and ask for tea after I offered them coffee! Am I suppossed to buy tea (I don`t drink!) for the unlikely event someone wants to bug me!?! When your over at my place you drink COFFEE DAMNIT!!!

AAARGGGG, F*CKING CHR*ST!
DIE, DIE, DIE YOU F*CKING B*ST*RDS!!!!

BTW coffee has some agressive side-effects on some people...

Neither. If I wanted to wake up in a hurry, then I drink orange juice.

Tea isn't that bad, but I rarely drink it (maybe an average of about once a year).

I cannot stand coffee at all, even the smell.

Both. Except when I drink coffee, it's got to either be straight espresso, or a quadruple shot cappachino. Even then, it doesn't affect me anymore.

Tea I like strong, no lemon, no ice (preferably luke-warm), and sometimes I'll have sugar in it. My favorite is green tea with either honey, sugar, or passion fruit in it, though. I also like Fastlane from Celestial Seasonings, but that doesn't affect me anymore either.

By not drinking caffenated drinks I get wired, lol

I cannot stand the taste of coffee. Ugh. It makes me want to swallow my tongue in revulsion.
Tea's OK I guess, provided it has enough sugar :)

Tea, definitely tea. With 2-3 teaspoon fulls sugar and stirred.

I never liked cofee and everytime someone persuades me to take a sip of cofee I'm in for a bad experience.

I rarely drink hot drinks though, now gimme that Jägermeister!