Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TubularB1Us

Dehacked Assistance

Question

Hey all, as the title suggests - I need some help. I'm pretty new to Dehacked modding and I wanted to change the Plasma Rifle to where it has no cooldown state, similar to Doom Zero if you've played it. I also wanted to change the  firerate to make it on par with the Quake 3 plasma gun. I've tried dissecting the Doom Zero DEH file but I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, so any help is appreciated.

4 answers to this question

Open a dehacked file (in whacked4) and go to the plasma rifle in the states window. You'll see there is a frame with the refire action on it. That frame is 20 tics. Change it's duration to 0 tics and you'll have a non stop firing plasma rifle. This is without me on my computer to double check but I'm pretty sure that should be all right.

As for the fire rate, the frame before should be the one with the fireplasma action. Change it's duration to something smaller, like 2. I don't know how fast the quake plasma rifle fires but you can only make the doom plasma rifle so fast.

23 hours ago, Btyb88 said:

Open a dehacked file (in whacked4) and go to the plasma rifle in the states window. You'll see there is a frame with the refire action on it. That frame is 20 tics. Change it's duration to 0 tics and you'll have a non stop firing plasma rifle. This is without me on my computer to double check but I'm pretty sure that should be all right.

As for the fire rate, the frame before should be the one with the fireplasma action. Change it's duration to something smaller, like 2. I don't know how fast the quake plasma rifle fires but you can only make the doom plasma rifle so fast.

Alright, so, I've got everything but I can't get the DEH to run in GZDB (I had to downgrade because my main PC broke and my current laptop doesn't have the necessary features to run UDB I guess.) I've tried typing -dehlump [DEH file name], but nothing seems to come of it.

11 minutes ago, TubularB1Us said:

Alright, so, I've got everything but I can't get the DEH to run in GZDB (I had to downgrade because my main PC broke and my current laptop doesn't have the necessary features to run UDB I guess.) I've tried typing -dehlump [DEH file name], but nothing seems to come of it.

you can go into slade and import the deh into a wad archive and make sure you name it dehacked then save it and open it in doom builder with your map