Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Codename_Delta

The Noobie MicroMap Community Project (A.K.A. Beyond Doom) (As finished as it can be)

2 minutes ago, Paf said:

Sooo... UDB crashed and corrupted the wad (I even looked in the TEMP directory, no actual working wad there) so I have to restart progress. I'm working on detailing the beginning area a bit more again, here's an image: mep.png.d628d9fcf9092aeacbd7d07ee7c7d2e7.png

Did you try to open the .backup files?

1 minute ago, Drywtler said:

Did you try to open the .backup files?

Yes, I renamed them to .WAD and then opened them, sadly it was a really early version. I did find a temp file that UDB did recognize, but it was blank, with no actual map.

Thanks for trying to help though!

12 minutes ago, Paf said:

Sooo... UDB crashed and corrupted the wad (I even looked in the TEMP directory, no actual working wad there) so I have to restart progress. I'm working on detailing the beginning area a bit more again, here's an image: mep.png.d628d9fcf9092aeacbd7d07ee7c7d2e7.png

Ouch.

Looks like one of Knee Deep In The Dead's better maps, namely E1M4, I can't remember it's name but Kitchen Ace is one of the reasons why I like E1M4.

3 hours ago, ThatKidBobo said:

Well since Thatonespymain is gone, I kinda want to take the slot, but I don't know if I should because I have an extremely busy month waiting for me.

Considering that Codename_Delta suggested both of us to do a collab on the slot of Map04, would you agree to do it? Or take the slot/lend me the slot?

Just now, Hitboi said:

Considering that Codename_Delta suggested both of us to do a collab on the slot of Map04, would you agree to do it? Or take the slot/lend me the slot?

I think doing a collab is the best option.

I made a small addition to the level names that you see in the start of levels, they now include the names of the authors below the level titles. For maps that don't have a map name yet I haven't made graphics for, but the existing maps as well as maps that aren't finished yet but have a confirmed name are included. I also made an update to the credits text file to reflect some of the changes so it should just be a quick drag, drop & replace job to add it onto the next version of the compilation.

Here's an example of how they look ingame.

prev.png.0d343833d56733c151a012178a1a2bb0.png

Download: LevelNames.zip

2 minutes ago, DiR said:

I made a small addition to the level names that you see in the start of levels, they now include the names of the authors below the level titles. For maps that don't have a map name yet I haven't made graphics for, but the existing maps as well as maps that aren't finished yet but have a confirmed name are included. I also made an update to the credits text file to reflect some of the changes so it should just be a quick drag, drop & replace job to add it onto the next version of the compilation.

Very nice!

13 hours ago, DiR said:

I honestly do think that the font used in the status bar would look good for the font used for the map authors' names, but either way it looks good.

59 minutes ago, Codename_Delta said:

I honestly do think that the font used in the status bar would look good for the font used for the map authors' names, but either way it looks good.

It's possible, although since I used an online doom font tool to make the text I would have to manually place every letter for everything. The statusbar was only a couple letters so I thought it was manageable enough but I didn't feel like putting a ton of effort into manually placing each letter for something the player only sees for a couple seconds between levels.

5 hours ago, DiR said:

It's possible, although since I used an online doom font tool to make the text I would have to manually place every letter for everything. The statusbar was only a couple letters so I thought it was manageable enough but I didn't feel like putting a ton of effort into manually placing each letter for something the player only sees for a couple seconds between levels.

Ye, that makes sense.

On 5/10/2022 at 8:21 PM, DiR said:

Why arent both MAP02 and MAP13's titles added?

6 minutes ago, Frost-Core said:

Why arent both MAP02 and MAP13's titles added?

MAP02 is the one on top lol

image.png.31eb5952596beaea3e7db11774dc441a.png

The CWIL names are counted starting from zero, so everything's indented by one (MAP01 uses CWIL00, MAP02 uses CWIL01, etc.)

5 minutes ago, DiR said:

The CWIL names are counted starting from zero, so everything's indented by one (MAP01 uses CWIL00, MAP02 uses CWIL01, etc.)

"I Think" doesn't have one.

It might have one but it doesn't seem to work.

26 minutes ago, DiR said:

it was a problem on my side, i loaded the doom 2 widescreen wad and with the latest TNMCP wad and for some reason the wads conflicted, so i put evevything and put the level names wads at the bottom and it seems to be working, just some good old zdl issues.

TL;DR : put the level names wad at the bottom and the TNMCP wad at the top

9 hours ago, Codename_Delta said:

"I Think" doesn't have one.

It might have one but it doesn't seem to work.

What map number is "I Think" again? I might've put the wrong level number on it or something.

59 minutes ago, Codename_Delta said:

Map 17

I named the file wrong, it's supposed to be CWILV16 instead of CWIL18, I didn't notice the typo for a while.

6 hours ago, DiR said:

I named the file wrong, it's supposed to be CWILV16 instead of CWIL18, I didn't notice the typo for a while.

Nice to see it worked out!

26 minutes ago, Frost-Core said:

Anybody made a nice CREDITPIC?

No, not yet.

I'm coincidentally just turning on my laptop now, so I might be able to check it to see if there's anything good.

well I had some good ones but all of them had the hud in them.

Edited by Codename_Delta

21 minutes ago, Codename_Delta said:

No, not yet.

I'm coincidentally just turning on my laptop now, so I might be able to check it to see if there's anything good.

well I had some good ones but all of them had the hud in them.

I had a CREDITPIC in mind but I'm waiting until everyone's maps and stuff are finalized because I wouldn't want to have to smush everything together if some people's names don't fit or if some people might drop out since there' still some missing maps.

3 minutes ago, Codename_Delta said:

Just making sure nobody's mysteriously disappeared.

Nope, no deaths so far.

also involving the CREDITPIC we will just make it like id Software is but it is TNMCP is

3 minutes ago, Codename_Delta said:

I think we're all alive for now...

1 minute ago, Paf said:

I think we're all alive for now...

*phew* no body got hit by archviles or something.

Just now, Frost-Core said:

*phew* no body got hit by archviles or something.

Chaingunner: teleports behind you and turns you into swiss cheese

Me: NANI????!!!!NANINANINANINANINANINANI

42 minutes ago, Codename_Delta said:

I'm partially invisible!!

Spoiler

But for real, I'll help out some more with compiling when I have a bit more time.

The fixes for version 4 of my map are gonna take a while, busy with some real-life stuff at the moment but I'm still around.