Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Codename_Delta

The Noobie MicroMap Community Project (A.K.A. Beyond Doom) (As finished as it can be)

Just now, Codename_Delta said:

idk I'm quite new to udb and as such I lack the knowledge

Go to edit, and then go to map options i think thats what its called.

34 minutes ago, Silent Wolf said:

My only other option is to ask in the doom editing subforum. I really hope this one mistake doesn't remove me from the CP.

It won't end your "entire career", the only other other option is to rebuild the map in doom format. Remember, there's no deadline. :)

[Read the below/above posts instead]

Edited by Codename_Delta

2 minutes ago, Silent Wolf said:

My only other option is to ask in the doom editing subforum. I really hope this one mistake doesn't remove me from the CP.

When creating a new map, click on "Boom: Doom 2 (Doom format)" and if you scroll a bit after the context menu opens, you should be able to find "Doom: Doom 2 (Doom format)".

Edit: Or click on Edit, and in the context menu, click on map options, and then click on "Boom: Doom 2 (Doom format)" then look for "Doom: Doom 2 (Doom format)".

32 minutes ago, Frost-Core said:

Edit CWILV**, CWILV00 is level one, CWILV01 is level 2 etc...

Where did you get that Font generator from though

It won't the only other other option is to rebuild the map in doom format. Remember, there's no deadline. :)

Can you read above you?

5 minutes ago, Paf said:

When creating a new map, click on "Boom: Doom 2 (Doom format)" and if you scroll a bit after the context menu opens, you should be able to find "Doom: Doom 2 (Doom format)".

I tried that and some things wont appear. I can just copy and paste the map into another map in doom format.

Never mind. I selected the wrong format. Am huge dumbass. Thanks for the help everybody.

1 minute ago, Silent Wolf said:

I tried that and some things wont appear. I can just copy and paste the map into another map in doom format.

You can also go to Tools > Game Configurations and then check the formats that you want to use, so they appear later.

37 minutes ago, Silent Wolf said:

Hey, does anyone here know how to switch formats? I accidentally used Boom format and now things are missing . Thanks in advance.

I usually copy paste the whole thing in a new map with the right format.

edit: never mind my screen didn't update paf already answered that question.

this seems right up my alley, sing me up if you can!! :D

any slot u can squeeze me in is fine

1 minute ago, azerty said:

edit: never mind my screen didn't update paf already answered that question.

Mine doesn't sometimes either, so I post right after another person posts, sometimes

9 minutes ago, Luleta said:

this seems right up my alley, sing me up if you can!! :D

any slot u can squeeze me in is fine

Maybe like the final touches person as we ran out of slots sadly, (what I mean is making small changes that can really help a map) or if you're good at slade3 doing stuff there like compiling the maps, graphics and music into one wad (which is a really important job to have)

I'm happy that the project is really coming along!, can't wait for the official release!, maybe i can draw some art for the project?

3 minutes ago, Codename_Delta said:

Maybe like the final touches person as we ran out of slots sadly, (what I mean is making small changes that can really help a map) or if you're good at slade3 doing stuff there like compiling the maps, graphics and music into one wad (which is a really important job to have)

oh, bummer! no worries though. id love to help but i dont know much about slade just the basic stuff like, adding midis to maps, automap names, etc. i usually use udb for putting the maps together. no experience with any of this outside of my wads tho

4 minutes ago, Frost-Core said:

I'm happy that the project is really coming along!, can't wait for the official release!, maybe i can draw some art for the project?

Maybe hud graphics?

Just now, Luleta said:

oh, bummer! no worries though. id love to help but i dont know much about slade just the basic stuff like, adding midis to maps, automap names, etc. i usually use udb for putting the maps together. no experience with any of this outside of my wads tho

Sad Luleta :(, try being a playtester maybe?

Just now, Luleta said:

Even then what you described are a lot of what we need!

Just now, Frost-Core said:

Sad Luleta :(, try being a playtester maybe?

oh yeah, for sure!

Maybe hud graphics?

I'd say making a titlepic and m_doom would be great (title screen picture and logo on menu)

and too... i can package all of the graphics if you want and everything else with it, do you want that?

Just now, Frost-Core said:

I'd say making a titlepic and m_doom would be great (title screen picture and logo on menu)

Title is sadly taken but m_doom would be great!

Even then what you described are a lot of what we need!

ight just let me know and ill see what i can do :D

1 minute ago, Luleta said:

ight just let me know and ill see what i can do :D

The Midis are your free reign to choose obviously in limits of the criteria on the OP and automap names would be great! And if you can maybe the intermission level names! :D

10 minutes ago, Frost-Core said:

and too... i can package all of the graphics if you want and everything else with it, do you want that?

Actually if you want, I can step down from making the titlepic since I haven't started yet if you want to do it.

Maybe I'll try making a custom HUD instead, since the m_doom and titlepic need to go together.

Just now, DiR said:

Actually if you want, I can step down from making the titlepic since I haven't started yet if you want to do it.

Maybe I'll try making a custom HUD instead, since the m_doom and titlepic need to go together.

If you want to!