Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
reefer

Linedef tag that blocks monsters from seeing doomguy

Ay guys, I want to have an area in my map where doomguy can see a future part of the it, but I don't want the monsters to wake up when they see him. 

I don't believe there is a linedef tag to block monster's sight until doomguy enters past it, but in case there is, please let me know!

Thanks

Just now, Kan3 said:

Actually in UDB there's "Block Monsters Line of Sight"

ah

thanks

1 hour ago, thiccyosh said:

What you're thinking of is a self-referencing sector.

I'll look into it

17 hours ago, PrismaticFrog said:

I'll look into it

What he means is that you want a sector which has its floor raised to its ceiling, but has no lower textures on its side. That will appear to be transparent. However, you won't be able to walk through it or shoot through it until or unless the sector is lowered.

This recent thread has a more detailed explanation and an example of where to find one in TNT.wad.

6 hours ago, Stabbey said:

What he means is that you want a sector which has its floor raised to its ceiling, but has no lower textures on its side. That will appear to be transparent. However, you won't be able to walk through it or shoot through it until or unless the sector is lowered.

This recent thread has a more detailed explanation and an example of where to find one in TNT.wad.

Oh, thanks