Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hakros

[SHORT MAP] Hakros Code 1.1

itchio_header.png.5905e576f22c9ff89fb1d215602b9550.png

Hello everyone, I present to you CODE a simple but intense map that I have made experimentally,

There is a total of 150 enemies and 1 secret.

I hope you like it. :-D !!

Greetings.

--------------------------------------------------------

Instructions

Doom2.wad file required to play, just copy the file into 'games\' folder

Name: Hakros Code

Version: 1.1

Format: UDMF

Port Needed: GZDoom

IWAD: Doom2.wad

Map: MAP01

Mods: No

Gameplay: Single player

Build Time: 1 week

Jumping & Crouching: Allowed

Freelook: Allowed

Difficulty settings: No

Dehacked file: No

Custom music: Yes

Custom textures: Yes (included) (based on HakrosTex) (my custom texture pack :-D)

Enemies: 150

Secrets: 1

DOWNLOAD FROM HERE

Standalone version includes also (GZDOOM)

https://hakros.itch.io/hakros-code

SCREENSHOTS

CODE_SCR01.png.8eaa14a4b6a26d0993a1c6f014c68997.png

CODE_SCR02.png.ea58f95e9116fdb0154898d1fba0e67d.png

CODE_SCR03.png.883de3e4881951fd6bf975a32269a090.png

CODE_SCR04.png.57cf6d5ec7d8f0b42acce9c8104a2f92.png

CODE_SCR05.png.4e6b17ff48004aadeed802734310ae97.png

Edited by hakros

I tested in UV.

The concept is interesting and the "polishness" of the map is great despite its simplicity, but on the long run you start to feel it a bit too much.

I think that this would work better if there was something else breaking a bit the monotony of playing in black and white perfect cubes or if it was shorter.

The same goes, unfortunately (cause I was enjoying the map at first), for the gameplay: the map quickly falls into the annoying realm cause of the tweaks you made to the monsters health.

Doom monsters have a very very basic AI and don't offer a real challenge unless you don't provide them a nice combination of environment, placement and other actors, but here, since the map is almost all the same and you have to almost always face the monsters in frontal fights, having to kill cacodemons with 3000 hp or a mastermind with 12000 hp becomes boring and annnoying really fast.

In the last fight this issue comes a bit less thanks to the chaos of the infights and better weaponry.

I got quite frustrated at the very end though: what was the point of the pit right before the exit switch? That was just a big F**k to the player's face and I definitely didn't like it.

5 hours ago, Kan3 said:

I tested in UV.

The concept is interesting and the "polishness" of the map is great despite its simplicity, but on the long run you start to feel it a bit too much.

I think that this would work better if there was something else breaking a bit the monotony of playing in black and white perfect cubes or if it was shorter.

The same goes, unfortunately (cause I was enjoying the map at first), for the gameplay: the map quickly falls into the annoying realm cause of the tweaks you made to the monsters health.

Doom monsters have a very very basic AI and don't offer a real challenge unless you don't provide them a nice combination of environment, placement and other actors, but here, since the map is almost all the same and you have to almost always face the monsters in frontal fights, having to kill cacodemons with 3000 hp or a mastermind with 12000 hp becomes boring and annnoying really fast.

In the last fight this issue comes a bit less thanks to the chaos of the infights and better weaponry.

I got quite frustrated at the very end though: what was the point of the pit right before the exit switch? That was just a big F**k to the player's face and I definitely didn't like it.

I guess you didn't look down, did you? Through the glass I mean... :-D !!

That is the explanation for the cubic rooms and that they are black and white ...... if you dare take a look and I think you will understand!

PS: Thanks to try it !