Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoost

Speculations

Hellchick speculates in this interview http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=11513 here that we can expect some doom3 info soon.

"HomeLAN - Of course, the big game that you will have a part in promoting is Doom III. When can we expect to see news on that game?

Caryn Law - Soon, very soon, my friend. DOOM III is, as you know, a game so shrouded in mystery that only John Carmack and the Freemasons really know anything about it. Also, Elvis is alive."

I know that the benchmark program futuremark2003 will come to live very soon. Do you think it possible that id contributed to futuremark2003?

Huh? I thought we knew lots about Doom 3.

Let's see, we know that the graphics looks kickass and all (I'll skip the tech because I know jack shit about that), we know that there are going to be NPCs, we know that seemingly every old weapon is there, we know a great deal of the enemies that are in the game and we've seen 'em too (seen too many of them imo), we know some basic story bits, we know that the engine can handle large outdoor areas, we know the game has cutscenes, we know that the automap is back and that we've got a Sarge to tell you what to do, we know that the physics engine is damn cool and we know that the gameplay is pretty basic fps gameplay (but the experience is just enhanced through all sorts of cool things)

I've probably forgotten to mention some things, but at any rate, Imho, I think we know more about Doom 3 than we should.

Thanks DSM for your reply, but did you read my post? the question is:

Do you think it possible that id contributed to futuremark2003?

it would be cool.. not that i could do anything with it because i have a geforce 2 mx400.. a pretty ancient card imho

Zoost said:

Thanks DSM for your reply, but did you read my post? the question is:

Do you think it possible that id contributed to futuremark2003?

Sorry, I DID read your post, but I just made a comment on one of Hellchick's remarks.

I can't answer the question because I don't even know what sort of program futuremark2003 is.

Zoost said:

Yes, offcourse you do!! http://www.futuremark.com/ See?

Hmm that left me none the wiser about the program (couldn't find any info that exactly told me what the program does - I didn't look around too thoroughly either), but the teaser trailer shows something that could easily be straight out of Doom 3.

Did id contribute to it? Possibly. Possibly not.

Well, I was GOING to watch the preview until I found out that it requires WMP9 (or at least a newer version than 8). Forget that.

It shows a fly-by through a hallway that is like taken straight out of Doom 3 with rotating alarm lights. Nothing else.