Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Neat set of "remixes." Reminds me of the first Switcheroom with how elements of multiple maps are intertwined. IMO the use of Wolfenstein SS in MAP01 feels quite out of place, though.

I thought that with the release of "A long trek back home." Sorta like playing DOOM 2 backwards, all had been done with DOOM and DOOM 2 that could be done.

Now we have this mashup of DOOM and DOOM 2 and I think it's a pretty cool idea. Will have to give it a go soon.  

6 hours ago, Shepardus said:

IMO the use of Wolfenstein SS in MAP01 feels quite out of place, though.

In the original, there was a guy with a shotgun. But then the player would have received a shotgun ahead of time, without visiting the yard. So he was replaced by an enemy of about the same strength

Edited by Kronos913

46 minutes ago, Kronos913 said:

But then the player would have received a shotgun ahead of time, without visiting the yard. So he was replaced by an enemy of about the same strength

In Doom 1, this wasn't a problem, right?

Adding wolfenstein mobs to the regular levels a bad idea.

On 4/25/2022 at 10:53 AM, Doomenator said:

Adding wolfenstein mobs to the regular levels a bad idea.

Maybe. Other than that, there are few of them. Minor changes to monsters are made for balance reasons. In some places, on the territory of D1, opponents from D2 were added.

10 hours ago, Kronos913 said:

Minor changes to monsters are made for balance reasons. In some places, on the territory of D1, opponents from D2 were added.

The balance can be changed by zombies and imps.

And as Sheppard said earlier Wolfenstein SS in MAP01 feels quite out of place. You're just breaking the classic entourage.

Most people perceive Doom as a classic, so this spoils the impression. For those who like variety, there are randomizers, monster packs, other mods and mixes.

On 5/6/2022 at 11:00 AM, Doomenator said:

And as Sheppard said earlier Wolfenstein SS in MAP01 feels quite out of place. You're just breaking the classic entourage.

Most people perceive Doom as a classic, so this spoils the impression. For those who like variety, there are randomizers, monster packs, other mods and mixes.

Imps have a different shooting mechanic - you can dodge fireballs, unlike a shotgun or machine gun.

As I said above, from a zombie with a shotgun, the player could get a weapon before entering the secret area, so the replacement of the enemy was necessary. In doing so, I wanted to save the enemy's danger.

In any case, there are very few such things. If I remember correctly, besides the secret levels, Wolfenstein SS is only found in three levels in small quantities

3 hours ago, Kronos913 said:

In any case, there are very few such things. 

It doesn't matter. Presence assume that you do not understand elementary things. And explanations are obviously useless.

Two maps have locations from TNT and Plutonia. First, it's like a reference, or an easter egg. Secondly, sometimes it just didn’t work out differently to compose the level. Wolfenstein SS in three levels is a small creative digression of the author.

Having guys with a shotgun would make a yard with a shotgun useless: why, if a shotgun can be obtained from a monster? It would require a very strong change in the concept of the level...

Maybe this is wrong, but it seemed to me the simplest solution to the problem. Second, I had a rough draft alpha. And levels 1-3 were taken from her almost unchanged. I can also note that the 7th map is somewhat roughly made. But in general, starting from level 9, I tried to make maps as "beautifully and aesthetically"

Pretty trippy. I really liked it! 

I think some maps could be more mixed up.

Also, some backtracking could perhaps have been better planned.

Nothing that strangles the experience, however, and nothing that couldn't be improved in the future.

I didn't love the use of the SS (perhaps in a room that made direct reference to Wolfenstein it would be more contextualized), but I don't think it's a reason for so much disagreement.

It didn't make me think that the author doesn't understand elementary things. Well, the wad goal is to leave everything out of place, isn't it?

In general, for the most part, I tried to leave everything in its place. Most of the substitutions have a logical justification.

As I noted above, Wolf-SS are present on the first map so that visiting the secret in the yard does not lose its relevance. And on 3 and 30 cards - there are only 1-2 of them, just as a small reference.

I also note that I had to deal with the limitations of the editor: the free version of the editor has a limit of 800 lines. I tried to compensate for the decrease in the size of large levels by increasing the size of small ones.

I hope the text is clear, because I write through a translator

On 5/8/2022 at 3:56 PM, Kronos913 said:

Please tell me how to upload a file to sites with levels

You can find a short FAQ here:

Don't forget, the .txt file is still required to be filled in, luckily there are generators that can help you

P.S. Remember testing your WAD almost 10 years ago in an absolutely different world and life, do you still have limitations in your editor of choice?

Whoah. This is what I've implied in my Fusion of Realities and Ultimate Final Doom.

I'm liking this project from the start.

UPD:

On 5/8/2022 at 6:56 PM, Kronos913 said:

Please tell me how to upload a file to sites with levels

Alternatively, you can upload it on Moddb.com in Doom section. But you need to registry here first.

On 5/16/2022 at 10:39 AM, makhauser said:

P.S. Remember testing your WAD almost 10 years ago in an absolutely different world and life, do you still have limitations in your editor of choice?

Yes, I use that editor.
I remember too =))
And also the comments that the whole university heard =))

Extremely cool concept!!! :D

I also see that you used Wolfenstein SS outside of the secret levels, which is something I have expressed the desire to see in another thread. Sweet!

Suggestion for an alternative title: "Knee-Deep In The Shores of Inferno on Earth Consumed" :P

Slight nitpick: in MAP05, in the pools on both sides of the bridge to the exit, the teleporters' texture is misaligned.

Edited by Rudolph

Doom 2 _"Mixed DooM" - MAP01+E1M1 - UVMax 100% Blind Speedrun Smooth Mod Pistol Start.

On 5/6/2022 at 11:00 AM, Doomenator said:

Most people are also not open to change. And that point is just as mute as "most people perceive Doom as a classic."

However, I do agree the SS felt a bit out of place at places.

Edited by IcarusOfDaggers

Had some fun with this lol.  It throws your head for a loop, hence the cursed feel.

Of course I played with a weird 3D mod to accentuate the discomfort.  I will say I agree with folks saying the SS guys are out of place.  I wouldn't worry about gameplay balance there, just put in the original enemies as that gives a better effect of mashing levels together.  I will say I almost wish this was jumbled up even more, not necessarily just the first level of doom 1 and 2 but just totally random mashups from several levels in one.  Actually, I wonder if someone could make a random generator that mashes up all the iwad levels, lol.  That would be hilarious.  Anyway, good job, the levels are actually kinda interesting, as the progression involves the mashups in interesting ways.

On samedi 7 mai 2022 at 9:56 PM, Kronos913 said:

Having guys with a shotgun would make a yard with a shotgun useless: why, if a shotgun can be obtained from a monster?

Have you looked at E1M1?

There's a secret with a shotgun in it. Go to the room with the barrel just before the exit, then loop back to the nukage room and the ledge the imps were on has lowered, letting you access a secret room with a shotgun!

Except that everyone who plays on Ultra-Violence has met shotgun guys before. (There aren't any shotgun guys on difficulties below UV. It's actually pretty funny: on HNTR, it's two zombies and two imps. On HMP, four zombies and two imps. UV? Nine zombies, four imps, and a whole sixteen shotgunners! Also the PSX version replaces one of the shotgun guys with a chaingunner (and adds a pain elemental!)...

That transition from E1M7 into Dead Simple was hilarious and glorious at the same time.

On 5/30/2022 at 5:56 PM, Hitman said:

Doom 2 _"Mixed DooM" - MAP01+E1M1 - UVMax 100% Blind Speedrun Smooth Mod Pistol Start.

Oh, you even found a displaced shotgun secret. Good =)

On 5/31/2022 at 9:29 PM, Gez said:

Have you looked at E1M1?

There's a secret with a shotgun in it. Go to the room with the barrel just before the exit, then loop back to the nukage room and the ledge the imps were on has lowered, letting you access a secret room with a shotgun!

Except that everyone who plays on Ultra-Violence has met shotgun guys before. (There aren't any shotgun guys on difficulties below UV. It's actually pretty funny: on HNTR, it's two zombies and two imps. On HMP, four zombies and two imps. UV? Nine zombies, four imps, and a whole sixteen shotgunners! Also the PSX version replaces one of the shotgun guys with a chaingunner (and adds a pain elemental!)...

On E1M1 there is a secret with a shotgun, but in Map01 there is also a secret with a shotgun.
To make the caches different, weapons were replaced with E1M1.

If the player could get the shotgun before visiting the secret in the yard, then the yard would need to change weapons.

And yet, on the original E1M1 in that secret there is a first aid kit, which is usually needed on UV
(Written through a translator)

1 hour ago, Kronos913 said:

Oh, you even found a displaced shotgun secret. Good =)

Ty. I really enjoyed the megawad btw.

On 5/31/2022 at 8:05 PM, sandwedge said:

Had some fun with this lol.  It throws your head for a loop, hence the cursed feel.

Of course I played with a weird 3D mod to accentuate the discomfort.  I will say I agree with folks saying the SS guys are out of place.  I wouldn't worry about gameplay balance there, just put in the original enemies as that gives a better effect of mashing levels together.  I will say I almost wish this was jumbled up even more, not necessarily just the first level of doom 1 and 2 but just totally random mashups from several levels in one.  Actually, I wonder if someone could make a random generator that mashes up all the iwad levels, lol.  That would be hilarious.  Anyway, good job, the levels are actually kinda interesting, as the progression involves the mashups in interesting ways.

There is a secret with a rocket launcher! But it's moved!
On another video, the player found this
I already talked about the SS - guys with a shotgun would make useless a secret in the yard