Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quill

[1.4.1] v64 - Maps with only 64 Vertices

Welp, time for a minor update. RC3.1 is out!

This fixes various clipping glitches seen in MAP26. (courtesy of LSC Lasico)

Download RC3.1!

And finally, RC4!

• Added a traditional MAPINFO for ports that don't support UMAPINFO
  • CWILVs now have author names
  • Widescreen assets have been packed in the zip instead of being a seperate download
  • Statusbar is now seperate from other widescreen assets
  • Added an ENDOOM

Unless there are some game-breaking bugs that weren't mentioned, I'd say this version is going to /idgames.

Download RC4!

2 hours ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Awesome! Really great wad everyone put together, glad I could be a part of it in some way.

agree, this turned out to be a really good project im very happy i was a part  of it.

i wanna say that @dotQLL did an amazing job as a project leader, i was waiting for release to say it but, what the hell!?

im very thankful for all the work everyone has put, through playtesting, feedback, bugfixin and just in general releasing very cool fun maps.

oh, sorry for double post but. i just noticed that because we changed how the exitsign looks my map's exit that uses a midtexture for exit sign gets glitched, if you want i can make a different version in which instead of the exit being a mid texture i can make it an upper and lower the ceiling.

2 minutes ago, Luleta said:

oh, sorry for double post but. i just noticed that because we changed how the exitsign looks my map's exit that uses a midtexture for exit sign gets glitched, if you want i can make a different version in which instead of the exit being a mid texture i can make it an upper and lower the ceiling.

No worries. The idgames version that'll be releasing shortly already has that fix.

5 minutes ago, dotQLL said:

Another update: It's now got a permanent /idgames link.

Thank you all to the contributors for making this possible!

Well well, my first /idgames community contribution! Thanks for making this happen, and for letting me be a bit silly with mapping for once. Much appreciated. 

Booted up our newly minted product today and noticed something odd: the demos on the title screen seem to desync after a few seconds, even in Chocolate Doom. I tried a few other complevels in DSDA Doom, but that only made the problem worse. So, something is up with the demos, as far as I can tell.

Another thing I encountered in Crispy Doom specifically was some weirdness with the widescreen graphics. Crispy Doom supposedly supports widescreen graphics, but the status bar looks mangled (see picture) and the intermission/title graphics are all squished horizontally to fit in a 4:3 box. I don't suppose anyone knows if this is just an issue with Crispy Doom? (The widescreen assets all work fine in DSDA Doom)

v64_bar.png.52ff98681abfae3fbac21389a419c6dd.png

13 minutes ago, Large Cat said:

Booted up our newly minted product today and noticed something odd: the demos on the title screen seem to desync after a few seconds, even in Chocolate Doom. I tried a few other complevels in DSDA Doom, but that only made the problem worse. So, something is up with the demos, as far as I can tell.

Another thing I encountered in Crispy Doom specifically was some weirdness with the widescreen graphics. Crispy Doom supposedly supports widescreen graphics, but the status bar looks mangled (see picture) and the intermission/title graphics are all squished horizontally to fit in a 4:3 box. I don't suppose anyone knows if this is just an issue with Crispy Doom? (The widescreen assets all work fine in DSDA Doom)

v64_bar.png.52ff98681abfae3fbac21389a419c6dd.png

Hm, I might replace the demos with zeroed-out markers.

As for the widescreen error, you might need to update your copy of Crispy. It works perfectly fine on my end.

Edit: I also noticed MAP17's midi wasn't included in the package, I already submitted a quick fix to add it back, but it is currently in INCOMING limbo.

Edited by dotQLL

I can record a few demos for use in the wad? Desyncs are usually caused by what port the runner recorded them on. If I do them in Doom2.exe in DOSBox, it'll work perfectly.

Edit

I read the rest fair enough heh

13 hours ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

I can record a few demos for use in the wad? Desyncs are usually caused by what port the runner recorded them on. If I do them in Doom2.exe in DOSBox, it'll work perfectly.

Small correction, desyncs are usually caused by map changes. If the demos were recorded before the maps were finalised, there's a high chance they're going to desync regardless of the port they were recorded on.

Beautiful. Love WADs designed with strict design limitations. Definitely gonna play this one!

Hello there,

have you wondered what it might look like to see these maps played with 15+ players and beefed up difficulty to compensate for the disparity? No?... well, that's awkward because that's exactly what we're doing in a little over 8 hours from the time of this reply. You can expect the session to be fairly active for 4+ hours and it's not the first time we're doing something like this so 2 things we know to expected are: utter chaos and a lot of hilarious deaths.

Hi, map 16 is currently broken on complevel 2 as the yellow key platform doesn't lower. Will this be fixed in an update?

5 hours ago, Billa said:

Hi, map 16 is currently broken on complevel 2 as the yellow key platform doesn't lower. Will this be fixed in an update?

Yep. I'm currently looking for more bug reports for 1.1.

• Map16 yellow key door does not open
  • Demos desync

On 6/13/2022 at 3:29 PM, dotQLL said:

As for the widescreen error, you might need to update your copy of Crispy. It works perfectly fine on my end.

On 6/13/2022 at 3:25 PM, Large Cat said:

Seems like the widescreen version of the STBAR doesn't have any offsets.

Adding the graphic offsets of [120,0] so that the origin starts where the status bar actually starts will fix any ports not rendering the wide STBAR correctly.

I went ahead and updated Crispy, and that did actually fix the widescreen graphics. I'm not sure what that implies for the necessity of the offsets, though; perhaps newer Crispy is simply smart enough to figure out what the status bar offsets "should" be.

1 minute ago, Large Cat said:

I went ahead and updated Crispy, and that did actually fix the widescreen graphics. I'm not sure what that implies for the necessity of the offsets, though; perhaps newer Crispy is simply smart enough to figure out what the status bar offsets "should" be.

Honestly, the new version of Crispy probably changed the way it draws the STBAR. Instead of drawing it from the origin point, it was probably changed to just always center the STBAR. (which is probably a better way of doing it).

However in ports like Eternity Engine, or say how I'm using the "Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.11] by NightFright" for GZDoom, the HUD will look incorrect because the widescreen STBAR origin is currently not at where the normal STBAR starts.

Here's 1.1. Let's cut straight to the chase and see the changelog.

• Fixed a bug where the yellow key door in MAP16 cannot open
  • Added offsets to the widescreen status bar for ports that don't render them correctly
  • Re-recorded demos as the previous ones desync 

While we wait for it to appear on idgames, you can download it right now!

Download 1.1!

Recorded this a little while ago so RC2.1, sorry about that.  I think I've realized with some of these community projects it's better to get these videos out sooner for better feedback before changes are made.  At least before full release.  Anyway I still enjoyed this episode, not gonna tag everybody but take a look at the maps played in the video and check out the video chapters to find your map!

On 6/12/2022 at 11:29 AM, dotQLL said:

Another update: It's now got a permanent /idgames link.

Thank you all to the contributors for making this possible!

Your welcome!

On 6/18/2022 at 5:47 AM, dotQLL said:

Here's 1.1. Let's cut straight to the chase and see the changelog.

• Fixed a bug where the yellow key door in MAP16 cannot open
  • Added offsets to the widescreen status bar for ports that don't render them correctly
  • Re-recorded demos as the previous ones desync 

While we wait for it to appear on idgames, you can download it right now!

Download 1.1!

Testing map16 on this 1.1 patch and the yellow key door now opens, but the exit still does not open when you grab the RL on vanilla (cl2).

Here's 1.2. It only has one fix and that is fixing the exit not lowering in MAP16.
AFAIK this doesn't affect the previous inbuilt demos.

Download 1.2!

15 minutes ago, dotQLL said:

Here's 1.2. It only has one fix and that is fixing the exit not lowering in MAP16.
AFAIK this doesn't affect the previous inbuilt demos.

Download 1.2!

that did it.

Heh, I would like to apologize for making such a hard map on an early slot (map06). I wanted to update it by removing a few revenants and making the platforming section optional (instead of part of the progression), but I got busy these last days and I missed the deadline.

Anyway, I really enjoyed your playthroughs @sandwedge @Pistoolkip @Biodegradable @Clippy

Spoiler

By the way, I saw some of you afraid of getting the Rocket Launcher at first. Here's the trick: Revenants doesn't attack you when you are close to them (with missiles). Getting the weapon is actually safe as long as you avoid their melee attack.

Edited by Noiser

Is Map 31 supposed to be accessible in a normal playthrough? I checked in Doom Builder, and the exit is supposed to take you to the secret map, and I've even watched playthroughs in ZDoom where they get to map 31 just fine, but whenever I play it in DSDA-Doom 0.21.3, it just takes me to map 16.