Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quill

[1.4.1] v64 - Maps with only 64 Vertices

Name: AAKOS (An Abstract Kind of Space).

IWAD: Doom2, slot MAP25.

Vertices: 64, as asked.

MIDI: Hexasketch by Zan-zan-zawa-veia.

Little puzzle map. And before anyone asks, yes, it's beatable and UV-maxable. I did it. You just have to get creative and figure out proper routing.

QweBFnZ.png

Edited by Thelokk

Title: Jade Crescent
Midi: don't know (from toad map02, which also has no credit :/)
Vertices: 64
Slot: any ep1
Format: Vanilla/cl2
Build Time: ~1 hour

v64-jc.zip

I'm keeping an eye on this project for now. I'm interested in the challenge of building a map with only 64 vertices, but these restrictions are a bit demanding. I doubt these maps would be ideal for deathmatch and co-op, and I too am against banning of certain monsters for episodes - clearly it has caused more E3 slots to be filled. 

Give an SSG with a couple shells and a single pillar, and an archvile is virtually no danger.

Give an SSG with 50 shells and that spider mastermind around the corner is no big deal.

Give an SSG with 50 shells and plenty of space, and you can say goodbye to that cyberdemon.

Good luck on this project, however! Fascinated to see what people can make with only 64 vertices.

Interesting restrictions. I'd like to claim a slot in the latter half of episode 3 if it's ok.

Did not expect to wake up to this! I've added (hopefully) all of your names to the maplist.

8 minutes ago, russin22 said:

Looks interesting, can I take map28?

Yep, claimed!

6 hours ago, Thelokk said:

yes, it's beatable and UV-maxable

I'd love to know how you're getting the secret, since the player can't fit inside of the sector? I also noted a lack of difficulty settings. A couple extra medkits or blue armor would help lower-skill players a lot I think.

11 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

I'd love to know how you're getting the secret

Will look into it, perhaps I tested before making minor changes and forgot about it. Not really liking that snarky tone of yours though.

@Biodegradable working as intended. A good laugh here and there does no harm.

No snark intended, though reading it back I see why you think it's there. The lack of a voice when communicating in text probably doesn't help the tone.

2 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

No snark intended, though reading it back I see why you think it's there. The lack of a voice when communicating in text probably doesn't help the tone.

No prob, will keep my comment there to give context but got your point. Issue fixed in downloadable new version, thanks for catching that. 

5 minutes ago, Thelokk said:

No prob, will keep my comment there to give context but got your point. Issue fixed in downloadable new version, thanks for catching that. 

2 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Speaking of fixes, turns out the copy I posted on dropbox was also pre-difficulties. Oops; link updated. That's what I get for doing this at 4am 😅

I've edited the main post to have the updated version. ;P

2 minutes ago, CblBOPOTKA said:

Please sign me up to infernal episode

Done! I assigned you MAP16.

6 minutes ago, Redead-ITA said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.0ff5cc602cd3c060a1a2948b18f0c8d3.png

v64red.zip

Map: PicoBase

63 Vertices

Dm not tested but it's there.

Added the link to the main post ;P

2 minutes ago, Pistoolkip said:

I'll take slot 18

Claimed!

And here's MAP32!

Name: Planet DOOM
Midi: Catnip Forest by Bloo (from Master Levels midipack)
Slot: MAP32
Format: Vanilla/cl2
Build Time: ~2 hour

Vertices: 64

Spoiler

doom09.png.38095c77bc5bf62533b786e529b2043a.png

R_B-v6432.zip

Well guys I woke up this morning and made this without a plan - I documented everything here:

Ummm I realize now that I have to name it so I will call it

Throat Infection

Cause that's what I have lol - doctor gave me this green shit to gargle - good times

get it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ETBmYj5e5poItP54zVZJORUI5tCCdBxI/view?usp=sharing

MAP FIVE

I think there's actually 63 vertices in the map cause it goes from 0-62 - this limitation kicked my ass so there's not much here to chew on but hopefully fun

Music is Cruithne (Loop) by Jimmy

PS when this is complete it looks like something I can bang through in a video series

have a good one!