Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frost-Core

128 Linedefs, 64 Things - A Community Project [1.3.3, finally]

7 minutes ago, Frost-Core said:

You can do cyberdemons instead.

Thanks! I'll try to make something creative.

3 hours ago, Frost-Core said:

MAP07 Sneak Peek :

peek.PNG.62653fe931fc0eb9f0f30ea46ce8c436.PNG

Currently 104 Linedefs and 19 Things, Tell me what you think!.

Looks decent so far for a limit focused map that hasn't yet hit said limits.
I would just suggest some more monsters in the hallways that don't have any Things in, and smaller rooms could be added in these red areas to make it less linear, (if it's not meant to be linear).
Capture.PNG.d93628323fcdedccc9ad8a832c7d4f4c.PNG

14 minutes ago, knifeworld said:

Looks decent so far for a limit focused map that hasn't yet hit said limits.
I would just suggest some more monsters in the hallways that don't have any Things in, and smaller rooms could be added in these red areas to make it less linear, (if it's not meant to be linear).
Capture.PNG.d93628323fcdedccc9ad8a832c7d4f4c.PNG

i also suggest for you to join some vertices to optimize line usage!

goin through ur map after u get a basic structure joining some vertices can really help save up lines, sometimes hindering visuals however.

triangles are your best friends when u wanna save lines!

oh and another reason to avoid linearity is because revisiting areas can allow for more content to be in a single area, saving up even more lines!

Xn980vp.png

@Frost-Core some vertices for you to join, sometimes when making an modifying the map you may miss those, and just with that you saved up 4 lines.

-Title: Between Lands

-Build time: ~3 Hour

-Midi: Midi Rendition of "Universal Collapse" from Terraria Calamity mod

-Slot: MAP30

-Tested: PRboom+

-128 Linedefs

-64 Things

I tried something with the monster spawners, I think it turned out alright. @Frost-Core

Spoiler

doom03.png.461f6574f868aaba780e743236cd48ab.pngdoom04.png.fc8e860eca58fcb90f5a21717069e0ac.pngdoom05.png.a30a045b3e7cd641e30e306ee62f82fc.png

128L_64T_MAP30.zip

Hey guys! so my old pc would'nt charge so i am on another pc, im willing to getting it a charger and continuing MAP07, also im thinking of dropping MAP29.

4 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Uhm... Ok. Do you have anything specific for this slot in mind, like a IoS map?

Oh sorry i meant slot 32. slot 30 is taken.

Started something this evening, reached the 128 lines limit already!

Spoiler

Immagine-2022-04-30-003951.png

This will be most "normal" map for this project, i think...

@Frost-Core and others

Okay, MAP19 is finished. In the end I'm calling it "With all Disrespect" after a favourite song title.

sVyAhUT.png

Slot: MAP19
Name: With All Disrespect
Lines: 128
Things: 64 (for all skills)
Difficulties implemented: Yes
Co-Op/DM: No
Gameplay style: micro slaughter
Par time: 3 minutes
Build time: ~2 hours
Tested in: chocolate-doom, crispy-doom
Midi: Sombre Visions by Tristan Clark

I ran completely dry on inspiration for a few days but managed to cobble this together. [insert it's not much but it's honest work meme here]

Download v3: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qXtIy7iUFwFJgUWYllh1cS55M1pIG5Bh/view?usp=sharing

v2 changelog: more ammo and new midi

v3 changelog: rebalanced, and made sure it's 64 things for each difficulty

glhf

q: dude, you wasted a ton of lines on details that serve no function

a: yeah

Edited by HrnekBezucha : version 3 update

just finished map 22 :D

slot: 22

name: withering words

lines: 128

things: 64

difficulties: yes! easier skills have less enemies to worry about, the most troublesome ones i believe (no coop or dm tho)

tested in: chocolate doom and dsda-doom

midi: dead sea from the chrono cross' ost. got the midi in vgmusic.com

feedback and criticism is appreciated ^^

screenshots:

Spoiler

VBNTQLc.png

e0QxZcz.png

download

17 hours ago, HrnekBezucha said:

Okay, MAP19 is finished. In the end I'm calling it "With all Disrespect" after a favourite song title.

Slot: MAP19
Name: With All Disrespect
Lines: 128
Things: 64 (for all skills)
Difficulties implemented: Yes
Co-Op/DM: No
Gameplay style: micro slaughter
Par time: 3 minutes
Build time: ~2 hours
Tested in: chocolate-doom, crispy-doom
Midi: Sombre Visions by Tristan Clark

[...]

v2 changelog: more ammo and new midi

v3 changelog: rebalanced, and made sure it's 64 things for each difficulty

For being named "With All Disrespect", this may have been the most respectful micro-slaughter map I've played. Had a lot of fun; not over-tuned or anything, and has an interesting "cheese trap" before the 3rd wave (I tried staying on the platform from the 2nd wave after triggering the 3rd, and failed miserably lmao.) I played the v3, so I'm guessing your balance changes helped, as I tend to have trouble with slaughter maps in general. However, I'd say between yours and @Arsinikk's, the maps' respective difficulties are well-balanced against each other (especially given their ordering.)

4 hours ago, Luleta said:

just finished map 22 :D

slot: 22

name: withering words

lines: 128

things: 64

difficulties: yes! easier skills have less enemies to worry about, the most troublesome ones i believe (no coop or dm tho)

tested in: chocolate doom and dsda-doom

midi: dead sea from the chrono cross' ost. got the midi in vgmusic.com

feedback and criticism is appreciated ^^

I had a ton of fun with this one. It got a little frustrating with the ammo scarcity, but I had to Mike Tyson a Baron for the first time (and probably last at low complevels JFC I hate the blockmap so GD much sometimes) so that was tight. Highlight for me, as usual, was ambushing an Archvile and Plasma Funning him into paste. Excellent track selection too—luvs me Chrono Cross, simple as. Also enjoyed the more exploratory feeling of your map; I was pleasantly surprised by how much I was pleasantly surprised!

IMO, these are both excellent additions to the community project! Thank you both so much for your contributions!

50 minutes ago, Rancid Sam said:

For being named "With All Disrespect", this may have been the most respectful micro-slaughter map I've played. Had a lot of fun; not over-tuned or anything, and has an interesting "cheese trap" before the 3rd wave (I tried staying on the platform from the 2nd wave after triggering the 3rd, and failed miserably lmao.) I played the v3, so I'm guessing your balance changes helped, as I tend to have trouble with slaughter maps in general. However, I'd say between yours and @Arsinikk's, the maps' respective difficulties are well-balanced against each other (especially given their ordering.)

Thanks for playing and the feedback :) I'm not very well versed with slaughter so it's hard for me to judge difficulty. Still don't have the slaughter muscle memory figured out for self-testing. I can barely make it on HMP. Also, I wanted to add some hurt-floor section but this moving floor setup didn't really allow for it the way I wanted.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it.

Hello felllow doomers! if you missed this project and didn't get involved, im dropping MAP29!

Upperhalls (MAP07) is finished! using TNT : Evilution MAP23 Music, i don't know why i love TNT Music :

upperhalls.zip

Sadly, When i was making it it was 127 linedefs so i added a useless linedef.

44 minutes ago, Frost-Core said:

Hello felllow doomers! if you missed this project and didn't get involved, im dropping MAP29!

I know i claimed one map, but can i claim this one too?

Just now, gabirupee said:

I know i claimed one map, but can i claim this one too?

Sure! the only claim limit is 2 maps.

-Title: Wet Wood
-Build time: 1.5 Hours
-Midi: Open a can of pure madness by Kira
-Slot: Map 29
-Tested: Nugget doom, Crispy doom and Chocolate doom
-Difficulties: UV,HMP and NTR
-101 Linedefs
-54 Things
-No coop and dm

Download

Edited by gabirupee

1 hour ago, Codename_Delta said:

Okay map 15 done, 

I called it Garden Gunfight

I have to immediately request that you remove the "MIDSPACE" texture from this doorway

Spoiler

1585741576_Screenshot2022-05-01125054.png.5aabfa9299a47ab7fbd48da72a049589.png

Because my stupid ass was dildo'ing around for way too long trying to figure-out how to get in there.

Also, on the other end, I couldn't get into the Exit Room to hit the Exit Switch; it was too small, and I could only open/close the exit door repeatedly (but I could still use the secret exit. Also the normal exit switch texture is misaligned.) All of this was on Crispy Doom 5.11.1.

Other than that, I thought it was short and sweet. Nothing much of note, but cute theme; I always love outdoors-y maps, and you gave plenty of room to maneuver in the main arena (which is good because of Cacos' movement blocking.)

5 minutes ago, gabirupee said:

-Title: Wet Wood
-Build time: 1.5 Hours
-Midi: Rush by Ashes Are Eternal
-Slot: Map 29
-Tested: Nugget doom, Crispy doom and Chocolate doom
-Difficulties: UV,HMP and NTR
-101 Linedefs
-54 Things

Download

Your download link returns to this thread lmao, you may have forgotten to paste the URL.

Just now, Rancid Sam said:

I have to immediately request that you remove the "MIDSPACE" texture from this doorway

Hide contents

Because my stupid ass was dildo'ing around for way too long trying to figure-out how to get in there.

Also, on the other end, I couldn't get into the Exit Room to hit the Exit Switch; it was too small, and I could only open/close the exit door repeatedly (but I could still use the secret exit. Also the normal exit switch texture is misaligned.)

Other than that, I thought it was short and sweet. Nothing much of note, but cute theme; I always love outdoors-y maps, and you gave plenty of room to maneuver in the main arena (which is good because of Cacos' movement blocking.)

Your download link returns to this thread lmao, you may have forgotten to paste the URL.

I just attached the file to the post, Im gonna have to fix that exit.

3 minutes ago, Rancid Sam said:

Reveal hidden contents

Also, on the other end, I couldn't get into the Exit Room to hit the Exit Switch; it was too small, and I could only open/close the exit door repeatedly (but I could still use the secret exit. Also the normal exit switch texture is misaligned.) All of this was on Crispy Doom 5.11.1.

Fixed

5 minutes ago, Codename_Delta said:

Fixed the exit room and removed the MIDSPACE texture, still blocks sound intentionally.

Thank you for considering my feedback! (I hope I wasn't too pushy or naggy about it; if so, I apologize.) Exit door worked this time.

However, I did notice that these Imps are trapped/disabled:

Spoiler

1976389435_Screenshot2022-05-01134709.png.b4b59b7c7645de72249d2148d5d78c9d.png

I'm assuming they're overlapping the edge of that block. I would suggest widening it a bit, or moving them closer to the wall (but not overlapping it either ofc.)

Also, this time, the Cacos killed me once. ;] GGWP

1 hour ago, Rancid Sam said:

Hide contents

The g1switch in the small SUPPORT3 room with the blue key is something I quite enjoyed putting in. 

Fun facts about this map:

1. This map was originally supposed to be a cave map based on my first released map that has been lost to time in a short amount of time, but when I started making the map earlier today I decided on an outdoors map.
  2. This map was originally supposed to use Jimmy's Run 'Em Gun 'Em Kill 'Em from The Plutonia MIDI Pack (It is a very good song imo) But then decided to use Hell from Icarus because of a comment that I made on Jeremy Doyle's video of Hell.
  3. This map was made in response to playtesting of my maps in my cp being too flat and not having structured fights, and as such I put the imp and caco platforms in as well as the -16 height floor height bit near the start*, I must admit that the zombies and pinkies were just thrown in there as filler in the main fight and then put neatly in place.
  4. in my limited play testing of this map in my one successful attempt I ran out of ammo and couldn't kill an imp and as such placed more ammo and health in the map in response to that.

*Okay fine I'll admit it, that bit was inspired by this cp's map 1.

Edited by Codename_Delta

2 minutes ago, Rancid Sam said:

Thank you for considering my feedback! (I hope I wasn't too pushy or naggy about it; if so, I apologize.) Exit door worked this time.

However, I did notice that these Imps are trapped/disabled:

Hide contents

1976389435_Screenshot2022-05-01134709.png.b4b59b7c7645de72249d2148d5d78c9d.png

I'm assuming they're overlapping the edge of that block. I would suggest widening it a bit, or moving them closer to the wall (but not overlapping it either ofc.)

Also, this time, the Cacos killed me once. ;] GGWP

Ye I constantly forget to fix them

I just actually playtested Garden Gunfight and found it quite enjoyable, and was headbanging a bit during the guitar riffs but that sums up my playtesting!

Let's hope everyone else finds it as enjoyable!