Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frost-Core

128 Linedefs, 64 Things - A Community Project [1.3.3, finally]

Just now, Azuris said:

I am looking forward to play the Beta tonight or tomorrow.

Oh btw, if you want to try it in other source ports than zdoom, i have a WAD Release, now i need to draw the artwork for Beta 1.5, including sky, i will credit sources for sky btw if i can't draw.

I agree with Lutum Lautus, though. The host has not playtested anyone's map yet, and given it's their project and their vision, that's worrying to rely on others to do so. Bugfixing? Map ordering (if that will even be a thing)? Also, yes, the host released a beta or a map list, but only when pressured from others. Starting a new community project while not even doing any actual work on this one or compiling it even is really bad taste as well, honestly. I've not played the host's maps yet, though, so I can't comment on that.

I'll finish my other map and hope the host will start caring more for their project, otherwise I'm sad to see yet another "just make me maps so i can have community project host in the textfile" project. Having had said problem myself during Eagle Speedmapping, seeing it is a bit saddening.

hey awesome you did  a compilation! @Frost-Core skimmed through the maps on chocolate-doom and i didn't find any crashes.

you did forget map 22 ( my map) and map 24 in the wad tho. 

if you want i can add them and also make a lil dehacked patch with all the map names :D 

maybe ill do a stream playtesting all the maps on chocolate doom.

@knifeworld map10 has a bunch of tutti frutti

Spoiler

7sZkLd5.png

HreLtXk.png

oCoohOb.png

U0Uccu8.png

you could keep it though, it kinda fits how abstract it looks, but figured id letcha know :D

19 minutes ago, Luleta said:

@knifeworld map10 has a bunch of tutti frutti

Reveal hidden contents

7sZkLd5.png

HreLtXk.png

oCoohOb.png

U0Uccu8.png

you could keep it though, it kinda fits how abstract it looks, but figured id letcha know :D

I've seen it in Crispy before and hell yeah it adds to the shovelware aesthetics!

BETA 1.1 is out! (if there is an issue i will re-release it, only doom nerds get this) sadly, ZDoom people are not lucky, this is a WAD Release! and WAD Only! contains some assets that look good, i got inspired by sycthe for the TITLEPIC :

WAD :

128-beta1.1.zip

Note

I had to fix MAP24's MAPINFO, i don't even know what was going on with @Rancid Sam's Mind, in it it said that MAP01 is Stay With Us Aikini!! and it ends with the title screen?

MAP10 tutti frutti exists.

Just now, Frost-Core said:

BETA 1.1 is out! (if there is an issue i will re-release it, only doom nerds get this) sadly, ZDoom people are not lucky, this is a WAD Release! and WAD Only! contains some assets that look good, i got inspired by sycthe for the TITLEPIC :

WAD :

128-beta1.1.zip

awesome!! can't zdoom ports play wads tho lol?

also what if we name the file 128L64T on release? 128L64T.WAD looks good as a file c:

Just now, Luleta said:

awesome!! can't zdoom ports play wads tho lol?

Yeah they can, but i just didn't make a PK3 and PK3s are one of ZDoom's flagship formats

About the filename you chose it is good, and it does not reach the 8 character dos limit

Yeah they can, but i just didn't make a PK3 and PK3s are one of ZDoom's flagship formats

but why would we need pk3 files? isn't this project aimed at vanilla ports such as chocolate-doom?

i'd say we shouldn't bother with pk3 files.

Just now, Luleta said:

but why would we need pk3 files? isn't this project aimed at vanilla ports such as chocolate-doom?

i'd say we shouldn't bother with pk3 files.

i made one for beta 1.0 because i was lazy to compile

Looks like I missed alot of posts, so let's see if I can catch up a bit!

New Map Comments:

MAP07: Upperhalls (Frost-Core)

Spoiler

Sorry Frost-Core, it seems I completely missed this map posted in the thread. When I went to look back through the thread, it was definitely there; I just missed it.

I agree a lot to Luleta's comments. Not to be harsh, but this does feel like a newbie map, but newbie maps have their charm :) . I'd suggest experimenting a bit more with varying floor and ceiling heights, textures, and light levels. The current map feels a bit static visually, and having some of the above tweaks would do wonders to the map's quality.

MAP09: Escape ( @Pegleg )

Spoiler

I didn't mind this map. It's surprisingly a bit challenging. I didn't necessarily have a problem with the SSG secret, but I will admit I didn't figure it out til the end of the map. The biggest issue I has was the same issue Luleta had: the archvile teleporting into the beginning room is a little unfair. I was lucky in my playthrough that the arch vile came back and teleported in the upper area of the second room, which is actually a good teleport destination for that archvile. Not exactly sure how you could fix it, but I think that if you could find a way to make the archvile teleport up there and not get stuck in the beginning room would make the map more fair.

MAP25: Hot Computing (Azures)

Spoiler

I'm actually impressed by the timesink required to beat such a map with so little lines. Keep in mind that's meant to be a compliment and not a complaint. It's a nice classic style Doom map that I think would be a good break from the other arena style maps. Good job.

Map Issues Found:

MAP02: Lockjaw ( @gabirupee )

Spoiler

It seems that the line you changed the switch to is actually a Boom trigger line and doesn't work in Vanilla/Chocolate Doom (complevel 2). I'd actually suggest making the switch a lift again, changing the east teleport line of the lift to a monster-blocking lift switch line at the top.

i made one for beta 1.0 because i was lazy to compile

oh i see i see, no problem just wondering if pk3 files had any benefits. maybe u wanted it for map name or something which we can do with dehacked.

@Frost-Core I like the new TITLEPIC and M_DOOM. Although I'd adjust the M_DOOM offsets to be more centered.

I noticed that some of the map authors included really weird lumps like "MAPINFO" and "_Eureka", which vanilla doom doesn't use. I don't mind having a MAPINFO for zdoom ports, but it would have to be built to include all the maps, not just map24. (I could do this, if you need help)

Also, come-on, let zdoom users choose their own automap style (in the MAPINFO):

Spoiler

automap
{
    base = "Raven"
    showlocks = True
}

If you'd like, I thought I'd be cool to add the author's name to each of the CWILV graphics! I could do this for you, if you don't mind. It would also keep the CWILVs consistent. We could maybe go with the blue text theme like you did for the M_DOOM graphic. 

Just now, Arsinikk said:

"_Eureka"

Yeah i noticed that, it is specific for the eureka doom editor

About the MAPINFO lump i mentioned that it was @Rancid Sam, who was probably trolling on the lump

128 Linedefs 64 Things DEH (for maps and game name) is released! some maps are missing names or are just missing completely, so yeah, here is the download :

128lmaps.zip

4 minutes ago, Frost-Core said:

128 Linedefs 64 Things DEH (for maps and game name) is released! some maps are missing names or are just missing completely, so yeah, here is the download :

128lmaps.zip

Good job on the vanilla DEH! Just a tip, for my Vanilla dehacked names, I tend to use "MAP01: " instead of "Level 1: " because it's actually less characters (especially for the later maps), so you can fit more of the name in the limited character allotted. If ya did that, I would much prefer something like "MAP21: Malice" instead of "Level 21: mi".

Just now, Arsinikk said:

Good job on the vanilla DEH! Just a tip, for my Vanilla dehacked names, I tend to use "MAP01: " instead of "Level 1: " because it's actually less characters (especially for the later maps), so you can fit more of the name in the limited character allotted. If ya did that, I would much prefer something like "MAP21: Malice" instead of "Level 21: mi".

or just do the number "1: Malice"

don't think anyone will be confused by that xD

Updated the google drive link with a fixed version that runs on chocolate doom without crashing, and the archie trap is lift now.

So I whipped up a wad with just the CWILVs and an INTERPIC that looks good with them (if ya wanna come up with a new INTERPIC, that's fine). Also added offsets that make M_DOOM centered:

CWILVs-and-gfx-fix.wad

Also, @Frost-Core the beta has the wrong version of Knifeworld's MAP20 with the old death exit. Should be this wad: https://www.doomworld.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=179938

Just now, Arsinikk said:

So I whipped up a wad with just the CWILVs and an INTERPIC that looks good with them (if ya wanna come up with a new INTERPIC, that's fine). Also added offsets that make M_DOOM centered:

CWILVs-and-gfx-fix.wad

Also, @Frost-Core the beta has the wrong version of Knifeworld's MAP20 with the old death exit. Should be this wad: https://www.doomworld.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=179938

Love how ya made that Very Uppy Halls joke i put (the name is actually upperhalls)

1 minute ago, Frost-Core said:

Love how ya made that Very Uppy Halls joke i put (the name is actually upperhalls)

You want me to change it to Upperhalls?

11 minutes ago, Arsinikk said:

CWILVs-and-gfx-fix.wad

Ah, my map's called Garden Gunfight, not Garden Gunfire.

I think you should keep it for the map's name in the automap.

But make sure the CWILV14 says Garden Gunfight.

Overall was a fun time cant wait for the full release

the secret in map 11 I love, all that work for so little lol

some hightlights , map19, map20, map24  (albeit I did not 100 percent kill but was a really fun just run map).

40 minutes ago, Codename_Delta said:

Ah, my map's called Garden Gunfight, not Garden Gunfire.

My bad, was copy and pasting from the posted list.

Updated Google Drive Link, with map15 edit above and added map14 (memboi's Asylum):

CWILVs-and-gfx-fix.wad

Hey guys! im going to be offline for sometime next day because i am traveling. so yeah.

EDIT : canceled that, so yeah, im active :)

Edited by Frost-Core

updated my post once again and...

we're only missing maps 12 17 28!

with the upcoming maps being map3 by NaZa and map16 with map31 being worked on by Nikku4211

so only 3 maps left to get any news from

and 3 w.i.p. for a total of 6 missing maps only!