Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nanami

Girls

Just out of curiosity, how many people here at Doomworld are actually female? I know of two, maybe three (not counting myself), out of like 2000+ users.

I guess it's pretty hard to be into computer games like Doom if you're female, mostly because girls aren't usually associated with computers (it's more often butterflies and ponies =P), plus the fact that, if we were, it most likely wouldn't be first person shooter games, or nine year old games, so the audience seems to be very small.

I suppose the only reason I ask is because it's easier for me to chat/talk with females about non-Doom related subjects, and I don't have any friends. =P

(PS: plzbmyfriendkthxbye!) =P

Okay, so then we have:

Nanami
Katarhyne (SP?)
Silverwyvern
Cyb

fraggle said:

I find this thread sexist and offensive.

How so?

Well. There's me. I'm a rancid fucking whore who likes to eat people's hearts out their urethral openings whilst having sex with an undead horse. But if you actually get around the alternately frosty and molten exterior, I really am a pretty decent person. So, I'll be your friend, if you promise to be exactly like me and never disagree with me.

My Mrs is a Woman. Yes, that's right. Vampirajay. Everyone loves her, and rightly so. Go on, you want her, right?

Heh.

Well yes, incidently I am female, and I hate butterflies and ponys so hopefully that will please ya...Why do you feel you can only talk to girls about non-doom related stuff? almost everyone here (girls and guys) are pretty cool and will chat about everything......Spike, will you please stop trying to sell me off, you married me, you're stuck with me ;-)

Typically I find it easier to talk to girls on non-Doom related things. There's a bunch of exceptions of course. For example:

I would probably find it difficult to converse with Kat because we don't seem to have anything in common whatsoever; which is the reason I can't chit chat with most guys.

Also, I usually find it easy to chat with Hyena because we do seem to have a bit in common. I do chat with him sometimes.

Generally I can't hold a conversation of "what I did today at school" or "all the stuffed animals I own and where I got them" with everyone in #ZDoom. Half the people wouldn't really care what stupid stuffed animals I own and the topic would wander somewhere else or the conversation would just die pretty quickly. I feel pretty comfortable asking questions about ZDoom editing or asking for beta testers for my latest level, but I wouldn't exactly be comfortable talking about the problems I have with my mother.

I'm not saying as a rule that I can only talk to girls unless I'm talking about Doom, I'm just saying that it's a dominant trend. I just feel more comfortable that way is all.

Oh hell...I just wished there were more girls who enjoyed Doom. I was talking to one last night who had virtually no idea of what Doom was.

nxn, yeah, well, and what if we were to see a moose playing DOOM? We probably wouldn't stay sane after that.

Yeah. The people I usually talk to on IRC are Hyena, SargeBaldy, AirRaid, Danarchy, BBG, nxn, mac... Some other people. I can usually chat with Hyena or Sarge about whatever, but most of my more, uh, emotional chats are saved for rottengirlX.

As strange as it might be, I've had a "thing" for plush toys ever since Feb 03, 1993, when I got my plush giraffe from my sister, which I still own. The cow is more recent, it's only been more dominant conversation wise because the giraffe is soo aged doing anything with it is risking to fuck it up even more.

I ripped it's head of a couple times, it's stomach was sown together atleast 6 times, one of it's ears was almost set on fire, I ripped it off to save the whole thing, it's tail is half way off, and my favorite part is how I melted the inside of it's eye, and now if you look at it, it looks like one of it's eyes is glowing. To put it simply this giraffe looks more messed up than Arnold did in T2.

So yeah, I left the giraffe alone and now the cow is going through hell while the giraffe just sits back and laughs at it. Must be scary for the cow to see how it will look like in 10 years. Oh well. Moo.

Nanami said:

Not really. =/

Sorry to hear that, well if wanna gab sometime I am here, or there??? or anywhere, seriously tho, I don't use IRC that much but I do use MSN messenger often and there is always e-mail, if you have MSN messenger let me know and we'll have a chat sometime ok?

NXN- you are a strange strange person ;-)

I have IRC, ICQ, and e-mail. I will under no circumstances EVER get AIM, but I may be persuaded to get MSN. mac wanted me to get MSN anyway... Hm, I'll do it when I get home at 7:30.

Nanami, you might enjoy checking out the work of LilWhiteMouse. She is a rarely-seen doomworld member and an overall wad-editing genius. Her offerings are more likely talked about on zdoom forums. Look for a post here or on zdoom about her Chosen mod, I suggest you start with that.

Here, I found her web site:

http://imechanation.deepdreams.net/

Nanami said:

Generally I can't hold a conversation of "what I did today at school" or "all the stuffed animals I own and where I got them" with everyone in #ZDoom. Half the people wouldn't really care what stupid stuffed animals I own and the topic would wander somewhere else or the conversation would just die pretty quickly.

Heh...thats because there are a lot of mongs in that channel who only want to talk about masturbating or Metallica, or show off how elite they are. I just hang out there because it seems to be the only place where cool people like Baldy, nxn, SoM, Quasar, Lüt, and yerself hang out.

nxn said:

As strange as it might be, I've had a "thing" for plush toys ever since Feb 03, 1993, when I got my plush giraffe from my sister, which I still own.

Heh...don't get me started with stuffed animals. I had like 20-30 of them when I was a kid. Actualy, most of them are still in my closet somewhere. I even have a stuffed MoOoSe. :P Heh...I used to just pile them on my bed and sleep in a bed of soft cusiony comfort...probably explains a lot of my issues today. O_o

Little Faith siad:
I wish I had a stuffed carnifex.

OMFG that would own. Until they make that though, I have my Dreadnought to keep me company. He even has fully replaceable limbs. :P

Nanami said:

Okay, so then we have:

Nanami
Katarhyne (SP?)
Silverwyvern
Cyb

How so?

Never knew Cyb was a girl =p

The female doomers I know the most are Charlotte, Sentry, and Sara, which they were from Doomserv

I met a girl online that I ended up getting over here (some of you know who). She signed up not long ago. She's only played Doom once, though, and said it had terrible graphics. =P

Nanami said:

I also thought ravage was a girl when I first saw his avatar, heh. I swore it was a female fox.

WTF!? Since when?!

Nanami said:

I met a girl online that I ended up getting over here (some of you know who). She signed up not long ago. She's only played Doom once, though, and said it had terrible graphics. =P

She has no taste, but the sad news is I'd still probably sleep with her :(