Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vote With Your Eyeballs

Porting Doom 3 mod to Dhewm 3

Could someone help a newbie port a mod? Trying to run Overthinked in Dhewm 3 gives me the following error:

ERROR: Error: file script/doom_events.script, line 752: Too many parameters for event definition. Internal definition has 1 parameters.

How would one go about changing the amount of parameters allowed?

Overthinked needs to have its gamex86.dll ported for dhewm3. Luckily, the source for it is listed on the moddb page as "Fusion SDK", with instructions to compile it in the tutorials section. Dhewm3 has instructions for porting mods here. YMMV, there's no way to tell how easy the port will be until someone tries it. I can give it a go later this week if you're not up for it.

Truth be told I was eager to sink my teeth into this, so I started working on it shortly after posting. I managed to get it running, play tested it for a bit, and it seems to be running just like the vanilla mod, warts and all.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qvpxx04p9md8y1z/overthinked.zip/file

Just extract this and the overthinked mod into your dhewm3 folder and launch it as you normally would. @Vote With Your Eyeballs It's here waiting for you when you come back.

I'm kind of iffy about doing this with regards to licensing, I'm still pretty new to making contributions. Taking a gander around the doom 3 modding scene; it looks rather gray, and most people seem indifferent. If anyone has a take on it, I'm all ears.

Could you share your gamex86.dll to me too? Doom 3's default port refuses to have a usable mouse and I'd like to try this mod out.

@GuyMcBrofist Hey, quick question: is there a license restriction or problem with the author that the mediafire link had to be removed?

I got to this post via the moddb comment by the author and am looking to stream/letsplay Overthinked D3, but I play on a mac so it would be great if you could share it with me as well.

I would actually prefer that your changes be publicly available or merged with the original mod, but I'll take what I can get.

Thanks!