Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Egg Boy

Pagodia | Now on Idgames!

Just finished my run on HMP. Visually stunning, really digging the color palette and the use of the baby cyberdemon. Gameplay wise it's a bit too 'more of the same' for my taste, but I guess this BTSX-ish run n' gun is the squad's signature style by now. Liked Mayan Reynolds a bit better, but nice job nonetheless. 

7 minutes ago, Thelokk said:

Gameplay wise it's a bit too 'more of the same' for my taste

You are going to regret those words :D

5 minutes ago, Bobby "J said:

You are going to regret those words :D

Don't know. As I said, visually ups the game big time, but I could see the gameplay formula shaken up a bit. If that's what's brewing, looking forward to it!

Great menu design and charming maps with custom textures that have a characteristic style of Egg Boy's releases. I really dig this.

But I wanna ask, why is the Grimy Waifu banner glitching like this?

EDIT: I'm guessing it's transparency lines inbetween that don't make it glitch in some high resolutions?

Spoiler

BO6VgR9.png

And the best thing - cacodemons are on steroids! Is it the only monster that introduces a gameplay change?

Presentation is a 10/10. The visuals, textures and music are all amazing. Love the cacodemons as they increase the difficulty just enough. Some of the maps are a bit cramped though and on the other hand map 9 is just... big. Got lost after getting the blue key and after 10 minutes I still have no clue where to go. Some of the monster trap-teleports (in map 3 or 4) are a bit tedious. Spawning a revenant between you and cover isn't that much fun (yes, when you know it you can sprint past him, but still ;).

Also loved how there are bits of environmental storytelling and easter eggs thrown in. Really cool stuff!

Edit: Checked it in Doom Builder and then remembered that there was a blue door behind the red door... nevermind.

Yeah, get your squonk on, maaaaaate! Despite my anguish at points, I'm already really enjoying myself. It has the Squonk™ mark of quality for sure ;^)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

egguboi and friends delivers again! Can't wait to play.

6 hours ago, Pixel Fiend said:

And the best thing - cacodemons are on steroids! Is it the only monster that introduces a gameplay change?

Ah, you've encountered the "crackodemons!" There are 3 changes to the beastiery including them, the green cyberdemon, who has significantly less health and can be revived by archies, and the lost souls being nerfed so that it only takes a single shotgun blast to kill them.

I'm getting "R_InstallSpriteLump: Bad frame characters in lump 3089" trying to run it in Crispy.

It works in other ports though, like Woof.

Not sure why.

9 minutes ago, rzh said:

I'm getting "R_InstallSpriteLump: Bad frame characters in lump 3089" trying to run it in Crispy.

Not sure why.

Maybe it’s not reading the dehacked?

29 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

Maybe it’s not reading the dehacked?

Strangely enough, Choco Doom also does not have this issue, but when trying to launch the first map I get "Z_Malloc: failed on allocation of 14156016 bytes".

Just to clarify, this were the results using a local truecolor build of Crispy Doom from the latest commit, and standard Chocolate Doom 3.0.1.

This happens regardless of whether I use -deh or -dehlump

4 minutes ago, rzh said:

Strangely enough, Choco Doom also does not have this issue, but when trying to launch the first map I get "Z_Malloc: failed on allocation of 14156016 bytes".

Just to clarify, this were the results using a local truecolor build of Crispy Doom from the latest commit, and standard Chocolate Doom 3.0.1.

This happens regardless of whether I use -deh or -dehlump

Do you possibly have anything in the autoload folder? If so, try running the -noautoload parameter for Crispy.

3 minutes ago, T.Will said:

Do you possibly have anything in the autoload folder? If so, try running the -noautoload parameter for Crispy.

That fixed the issue, the only things I have are the Doom Minor Sprite Fix project files (.wad and .deh) - which are most likely the culprit, widescreen assets lifted from the Unity port and the SC55 music pack.

I assume there's a conflict somewhere between the custom palette, the extended dehacked changes and the Sprite Fix files.

Yes! I love the purple and green vibes.. Been keeping a close eye on this one 👀 

2 hours ago, rzh said:

Not sure why.

I'm getting the same error in Doom Retro (PLAYPAL instead of "lump 3089")

I don't have anything autoloading.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Just now, Average said:

I'm getting the same error in Doom Retro (PLAYPAL instead of "lump 3089")

I don't have anything autoloading.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Didn’t test in doom retro so unfortunately I don’t know anything about that 

13 hours ago, Pixel Fiend said:

But I wanna ask, why is the Grimy Waifu banner glitching like this?

EDIT: I'm guessing it's transparency lines inbetween that don't make it glitch in some high resolutions?

Reveal hidden contents

BO6VgR9.png

A quick cursory glance through TEXTURE1 shows that the width of EB_014 is not at a power of 2, but that doesn't explain why that texture (EB_012) is glitching in the screenshot.

26 minutes ago, deathz0r said:

A quick cursory glance through TEXTURE1 shows that the width of EB_014 is not at a power of 2, but that doesn't explain why that texture (EB_012) is glitching in the screenshot.

its simply the lower resolutions having trouble rendering, nothing is wrong with the graphic itself, you can see this sort of thing in Auger;Zenith as well.

Awesome stuff! Love the aesthetic, would love to see more stuff made in this style