Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

MAYhem 2022 - MEMENTO MORON (On IdGames!)

Thirty remakes of Town of the Dead LET'S FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(Count me in!)

Ah sweet… Count me in.

Tries to resist the urge to ask the question “Is it physically possible to make a remake of ‘Kinetics’ that is worse than the original map?”

Add me up ma boi. Clearly an Eternal Doom tribute is in order. 

Edited by Thelokk

I will try something for sure ! I plan to make something easy this time.

Oh, interesting. I've expected this being a vanilla/limit removing port centered project according to this year theme, but whatever. I'm ok with that.

Is Dos BOOM testing a good idea? Due with being a 90s inspired project, i think that in this way will be more inspired by those type of maps, i think this is a appropriate way to approach the project concept?

Question #2: Are compilation PWADS like Heroes 2 been considered as community projects?

Edited by Walter confetti

I'll make something.

2 hours ago, Roofi said:

I will try something for sure ! I plan to make something easy this time.

So no Hell Revealed references? ;(

On 4/29/2022 at 8:00 AM, Obsidian said:

The cutoff point will be Alien Vendetta: any maps after then will not be in consideration. Sorry Scythe fans!

Just to be absolutely clear on this: That's first release Alien Vendetta, or second? Won't make a difference for Scythe fans, but there's plenty of 2002 and 2001 maps that becomes considerable if it's the latter

40 minutes ago, Nefelibeta said:

I'll make something.

So no Hell Revealed references? ;(

Hell Revealed has a lot of easy/medium maps. 

On 4/29/2022 at 3:00 PM, Obsidian said:

The cutoff point will be Alien Vendetta: any maps after then will not be in consideration. Sorry Scythe fans!

So does this mean getting inspiration any wad released after Alien Vendetta/2001 is prohibited?

8 hours ago, dac said:

Thirty remakes of Town of the Dead LET'S FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You mean thirteen remakes + 2 fake 3D bridges of Town of the Dead

Edited by Hitboi

Count me in, if there's a slot available. Memento Mori was the first PWAD I played, so it has a special place for me, even if my mapping sensibilities have landed more in the 2010's.

I'd like to join. Would it be okay to make a map based on a '90s megawad that didn't receive a Cacoward like Hell to Pay or Perdition's Gate?

Been meaning to join a yearly MAYhem session for years but I always fall short or lose interest so maybe this one will be it for me to actually complete a map for it :)

am I allowed to reserve a secret map slot? I want to make a Eternal Doom inspired map and I'm afraid that the progression is gonna be too confusing for some people so I want my map to be optional

I'm interested, but just to be sure: only megawads can be used for inspiration? I have more fresh memories of single maps from that time period.