Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SatanaInArte

*HELP* Line Portals and 3D Floors issue

Hello, I recently started making some test maps (for GZDoom in UDMF) with Ultimate Doom Builder with 3d floors and portals in order to create 3d buildings that could be fully explored and how far could I go.

My last attempt was about making lifts inside (made in order to reach a 3d floor like a Duke3D lift)  and outside (I created this one in order to make the player being able go to the rooftop and fall inside a hole made out of an interactive portal) and they worked pretty well.

Then I decided to add something else and so I put an entryway and a window. Since in doing so they created two gaps, I used 3d floor to cover them. Then I put the line portals, I test the map and it plays pretty good... until today. 

Infact, after I replayed the map I noticed some glitches where the line portals were placed. On one side they are invisible while on the other side you can see the floor beneath. The line in impassable on both sides.

I know I may have reached a point where there could be anything else to do to solve this problem (someone on the ZDoom forum had the same issue and apperently it was not resolved), but I'd really appreciate to know what's your opinion about and if there's a way to solve this. Thanks in advance.

Here's my test map: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bBuGKHI_7t4ANOBSho6eENTS_6biIQZs/view?usp=sharing

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20220429_192421.png.fa59f7d7aa79738b72458a2adecb1712.pngScreenshot_Doom_20220429_192520.png.eef6ea7d6735ded067e2bcdca09fabc0.pngScreenshot_Doom_20220429_192500.png.93961c1bfe944253884136cfa47c8375.pngScreenshot_Doom_20220429_192449.png.d40bcbdeb20696fbc60e183e38dbc335.pngScreenshot_Doom_20220429_192510.png.f313a277cc064e13b305ef7aa9ba66bc.png

Portals and 3D floors cannot interact like this, keep them separate and non touching.

The side effects are just too jarring.

I would build everything with 3D floors only, which then has the advantage of using

visual editing to add slopes to some 3D sectors.

5 hours ago, DOOM mapping enthusiast said:

Portals and 3D floors cannot interact like this, keep them separate and non touching.

The side effects are just too jarring.

I would build everything with 3D floors only, which then has the advantage of using

visual editing to add slopes to some 3D sectors.

I knew 3d floors and portal won't mix well but I hoped there could be a solution.

Too bad. I was so happy at first on how the map went until I noticed that glitches. But after all, that map was just created to test the limits of interactive portals.

Thanks for your help 👍