Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Heretic

deepsea

:P ok thanks - F7. but that appears to be only for graphics man..........
I see a view midi files, but like, hows it put it into the wad? No bother with midi-mus anymore? if so, YAY!

I may try this now..

Import it as a lump file, but rename it for the level you want it to show up on. EG if you want it to appear on level 1, the mids name is D_RUNNIN. Rename the mid you want to put in to D_RUNNIN, and then, simply import it into your wad.

The Heretic said:

:P ok thanks - F7. but that appears to be only for graphics man..........
I see a view midi files, but like, hows it put it into the wad? No bother with midi-mus anymore? if so, YAY!

I may try this now..

It's all the same dialogue. DeePsea will detect the file type and insert appropriately.

Here's the basic method:

Hit F7

Pick Merge/Import

Click "Open a target file" and select the WAD you want to put the music into. Specify a new file name if you want to create a new WAD.

Click "Add Lump Files" and pick as many midi files (or other) as you want using standard file selection methods.

Click save all files.

So, a few clicks and you're done.

The above method will use the first 8 letters of your file names to generate lump names. If you want to give them different names, select the lump being imported and click rename lump before saving. This will only rename the internal lump that is being imported, and will not change your source file name.

thanks lost soul. hey........are you the lost soul that pierces my eye like it says in my sig? Ive been waiting for revenge on you!!!!!!!!

boris said:

Uh, F7?

Or simply RTFM!

I've read the fucking manual, but it has no link to deepsea what-so-ever.

Perhaps you meant the deepsea manual, but used extremity to hide the fact that you dont know yourself.

what you mean : uh,f7? Are you asking me? Thats why Im asking you, foul creature. Go get your own thread if you need your question answering, in the meantime, these real people want to help me.

Oh, thanks anyway, boris. I will try f7.

It was a rethorical question. And no, I don't use Deepsea, but since Jack mentions F7 in aber every 2nd post I know about it ;)

The Heretic said:

Hey deep, i want to insert some midi files into my level via deepsea.

Sounds to me like it's PM time.

The Heretic said:

OK cool ;)

um...jack does eh?

Enjay answered above (thanks).

F7 is just a convenient way to communicate:) It can also be the "tool bar lump menu" or Edit menu bottom Graphics/Import/Export. Anyway any of these get you to the dialog that deals with all the aspects of Lump and Texture management in PWADS.

Likewise, F6 is for scripting stuff. These and other Fx keys are described in the DeePsea Keyboard shortcuts help section.

Btw, for MIDI, the default setting is to import the MIDI asis and store it without conversion to MUS. This won't work for stock DOOM, so change the Auto Options to make it convert to MUS.