Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

What country are you from?

I'm from Taiwan 

Aka the controversial place that somehow doesn't seen as a country even though we have our own currency, government, military.

But I live in California right now so I can live safely should the Chinese invade Taiwan.

13 hours ago, fai1025 said:

I'm from Taiwan 

Aka the controversial place that somehow doesn't seen as a country even though we have our own currency, government, military.

But I live in California right now so I can live safely should the Chinese invade Taiwan.

Damn let's hope they won't gamble.

If it's okay to ask, do you have knowledge of how is the atmosphere i  Taiwan? Tensions? Regards, unaware.

1 hour ago, Sonikkumania said:

If it's okay to ask, do you have knowledge of how is the atmosphere i  Taiwan? Tensions? Regards, unaware.

Honestly, I been living in Taiwan for half of my life and literally nobody I know care about it, not even fear, I think the more important thing is to maintain our democracy that's why Taiwanese care about politics so much than American do. 

like even kids know who's the mayor of their city, I bet if you ask a random kids in US they wouldn't even know which person is the president

4 minutes ago, fai1025 said:

Honestly, I been living in Taiwan for half of my life and literally nobody I know care about it, not even fear, I think the more important thing is to maintain our democracy that's why Taiwanese care about politics so much than American do. 

like even kids know who's the mayor of their city, I bet if you ask a random kids in US they wouldn't even know which person is the president

Thanks for your insight.

I'm from Scotland! Before I scanned through this thread I only knew of one other Scottish doomer; the talented mapper and composer DavidXNewton, but there's actually a handful of us here.....yaldi! 

Edited by RoastDoom

1 hour ago, Muusi said:

I'm from Finland, where we have these things called "sisu" and "Perkele". 

Thanks for teach me a Finnish curse word.

1 hour ago, Muusi said:

I'm from Finland, where we have these things called "sisu" and "Perkele". 

Your nickname was giving it away too, lol.

12 hours ago, Sonikkumania said:

Your nickname was giving it away too, lol.

Never realized the double U is a finnish thing haha

On samedi 8 octobre 2022 at 8:26 PM, NaZa said:

Country shaped like... Best guess wins? I've heard horseshoe, dragon, bread roll, crocodile, even a local singer saying Bosnia is penetrating us, so surprise me if you have a better guess! :)

croatia-map.jpg

The letter C. That's why it's called Croatia instead of Hroatia.

33 minutes ago, Sonikkumania said:

Also it helps that olen suomalainen lmao.

sekin hiukan selittää😆

1 hour ago, Gez said:

The letter C. That's why it's called Croatia instead of Hroatia.

That's actually... quite a good way to look at it. C could also mean costly... in terms of prices at the sea :) Mnemonics!

From the United States of America... come on people it isn't just "America." Canada is in America. Mexico is in America. Chile is in America. I think the problem is that people got so used to saying "stupid American" in specific reference to USA citizens, which is fair.

It's a whacky country that can't be defined as good or bad in one easy sentence. But I am biased because I live in the Actual Best State...

14 hours ago, rouge_means_red said:

São Paulo, Brazil. It's over, we brazillians have taken over this thread. It's all coxinhas now

It tooks tasty.

f6fffb8cee35d470483fa657766e36e7.jpg

Apparently I never posted in here. I am from the West Coast of New Zealand's South Island. It rocks.

On 5/23/2023 at 12:34 PM, Yousuf Anik said:

Am I the only one from BD?

BD? You are from Brutal Doom?

just kidding :p

2 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

BD? You are from Brutal Doom?

just kidding :p

Haha that's funny :D :D I am a good fan of Brutal Doom :D ok so, I'm from Bangladesh, a very little country from South Asia. I doubt anyone is here from my country. I don't believe there are many people in my country who know about Doom or... maybe even this community, or whatever about Doom. Some people just know there is a game called Doom but I don't think they know more than that name lol :D I'm not really sure but this is what I've seen so far, I've never actually seen anyone from my country playing Doom. They are good at many other games that I don't really play or like (or rather I can say I've never got a chance to play some of them actually), I'm kinda different. So I would love to see if someone exist here is really from my country, let's get introduced :)

France, Brittany, Le Relecq-Kerhuon

I was born in Brest, and have lived between Roscoff and Brest (0-6 yo), in Saint Guénolé / Penmarc'h (6-15 yo), Quimper (15-18 yo) for high school, Brest (18-20 yo) for prépa, Angers (20-22 yo) for engineering school, between Paris and Chatenay-Malabry (22-23 yo) to finish school, Saint Guénolé / Penmarc'h (23-24 yo) unemployed, in Paris (24-28 yo) for my first job, Brest (28-48 yo) then Le Relecq-Kerhuon (48+ yo) for my current job.

I'll probably retire in Lesconil / Plobannalec (my wife owns a house there) some 13 years in the future.

The nickname "soner du" means "dark piper" in Breton.

From the name on one famous band from Pont-L'Abbé (not far from Penmarc'h and Lesconil) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonerien_Du

Edited by soner du