Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bejiitas_wrath

Adding new objects with DECORATE.

I am using this code in a UMDF Doom 2 map to try and add new trees, but they are not available in Ultimate Doom builder.

ACTOR PineTree 8400
{
  Radius 32
  Height 108
  ProjectilePassHeight -16
  +SOLID
  States
  {
  Spawn:
    TRENA A -1
    Stop
  }
}

ACTOR PineSTree 8500
{
  Radius 32
  Height 108
  ProjectilePassHeight -16
  +SOLID
  States
  {
  Spawn:
    TRENB A -1
    Stop
  }
}

ACTOR PineSTree 8600
{
  Radius 32
  Height 108
  ProjectilePassHeight -16
  +SOLID
  States
  {
  Spawn:
    BRPLA A -1
    Stop
  }
}

Is there something I am missing? I want to add all new items and have no inheritance. Thanks.

Is the code in a text file called "DECORATE", in a wad or pk3 that your map is told to load?

Also, even if the game is actually loading your code for the new trees, without a custom-defined category-

"

Actor DM12 : DeadMarine 20115
//$Category Gore-Civilians

"

-the editor will put it at the bottom of the 'edit thing' menu in a category called "user-defined".

is this not working because I have a ZSCRIPT file as well. Is that interfering with the DECORATE lump? I still can not get this working. I installed the latest Ultimate Doom Builder and still nothing.

On 5/8/2022 at 5:24 AM, horselessheadsman said:

Is the code in a text file called "DECORATE", in a wad or pk3 that your map is told to load?

Also, even if the game is actually loading your code for the new trees, without a custom-defined category-

"

Actor DM12 : DeadMarine 20115
//$Category Gore-Civilians

"

-the editor will put it at the bottom of the 'edit thing' menu in a category called "user-defined".

No, it wont. You're defining  new category, so it will end up in a directory named the same as the category. It would go into 'user-defined' if you dont define the category.

That's what he said, actually.

without a custom-defined category- -the editor will put it at the bottom of the 'edit thing' menu in a category called "user-defined".

On jeudi 5 mai 2022 at 12:56 AM, bejiitas_wrath said:

Is there something I am missing?

What map format are you using? IIRC, UDB skips DECORATE and ZScript if you use a map configuration that's not specifically for GZDoom.