Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shibainumaster

Memento Mori 3(!) CP.

Greetings.The  creation of the "Innocent crew"-"Memento Mori(1,2)" was a succes among the doom communtiy,it's level design and implementation of co-op play (not to mention the soundtrack) are still sources of inspiration to modern mappers.Yet,after all these years,there was no Memento Mori 3. After playing the 1st and the 2nd MM an idea was born, an idea to create Memento Mori 3!

If you enjoy doom as much as we do,and would want to create something new and exciting for it, join the cause! Use the BOOM format while creating maps.The main Resource pack is currently on discord,so click the link below if you want to cooperate normally.BEGGINERS ACCEPTED(BUT DO NOT SUBMIT LOW EFFORT MAPS). There is only 1 (!) reserved slot left! The map list is written below,it'll be updated with each new contributor. Specific map regulations will  be discussed in an MM discord server.(Including MIDI lists and such).If you want to join, please tell us explicitly and don't be vague. Also please let us know what map slot(s) you're interested in.

Memento Morons: (will be updated)

Shibainumaster.

Sr.Ludicolo.

Puncher_Sponge.

Dubium.

Paf.

A Handsome Fridge.

Rabbid.

JustAthel.

Mc ace Jr.

NaZa.

_Fedex_.

Anarkzie.

Russin22.

WaitWhat?

Doomlust.

Whonda2020.

Gapirupee.

SilverMiner.

IRod54.

Maplist.

MAP01-Shibainumaster.

MAP02-Sr.Ludicolo.

MAP03-Puncher_Sponge.

MAP04-Dubium.

MAP05-Rabbid.

MAP06-A handsome Fridge.

MAP07-Shibainumaster.

MAP08-Pucnher_sponge.

MAP09-Russin22.

MAP10-JustAthel.

MAP11-Shibainumaster.

MAP12-NaZa.

MAP13-

MAP14-

MAP15-Rabbid.

MAP16-Puncher_sponge.

MAP17-

MAP18-_Fedex_.

MAP19-

MAP20-

MAP21-Shibainumaster.

MAP22-Doomlust.

MAP23-Russin22,

MAP24-Anarkzie.

MAP25-Rabbid.

MAP26-Whonda2020.

MAP27-Gabirupee.

MAP28-Dubium.

MAP29-Paf.

MAP30-Shibainumaster.

MAP31-Shibainumaster+Sr_Ludicolo.

MAP32-Sr_Ludicolo

Discord server: -removed-

Misc Info: No,we didn't look at Obsidians 'Memento Moron" post and decide to start this,the development started 1 month earlier.

Deadline:2 months after the last member joins.

Best regards,"The Sadistic Seminary" team.

Gotcha suckers! We're reverting the changes of the CP title,it's now back to MM3! If that bothers you,you can sue me,find me by my IP adresss and publicly birate me. Message from the team:"We do not care".

1113868406_Edinburgh._St._Cuthberts_Churchyard._Grave_of_James_Bailie._Detail.jpg.ee7b035218d6cd0448c16c849501d383.jpg

P.S:Example maps are in discord too

mod edit:

cancelation thread 

Just now, Shibainumaster said:

Should i write you in?

Sure Just Any Map (Or Maps I can do multiple) That you think I would fit! and also any difficulty!

Just now, Rabbid said:

Sure Just Any Map (Or Maps I can do multiple) That you think I would fit! and also any difficulty!

Nice,try your best man,good luck.Don't forget to join the discord server.

Nice,try your best man,good luck.Don't forget to join the discord server.

I Wont!

Invites Expired...

Okay wait.

Alright, if you need me to make music for the map I can try I don't know if it will be good but I can definitely try

another interesting community project, can i take a slot for map 9, pls?

11 minutes ago, russin22 said:

another interesting community project, can i take a slot for map 9, pls?

Yes!Don't forget to join the discord,important info is provided there.

Yeah I don't really see how this project is all that related to the original MM and MM2.

MM felt like a community collection of Doom mapping in the mid 90's, nowadays we have so many diverse and unique community projects that a "Memento Mori 3" would only really work as a tribute project, an emulation of 90's level design, or something organized by people from the first two, but perferably a combination of 2 or more of those.

As Dynamo said, it's probably better off naming it something more unique, rather than bringing back something from years ago in a way that doesn't really make sense.

The idea is there but I can't help but feel as though better organization of the opening post would lead to a lot more interest in the project. As it stands, it feels very clumped together, there's no real indication of work that's already done -- I understand you've linked a Discord server but if there's not even a screenshot on the main thread, there may not be as high a turn out as you'd expect.

If this seems to be condescending in any way, I do apologize. I tend to be on the fence towards these sorts of things, and on a positive note, mapping in a more older style is something that will always appeal to me in this stage of my mapping career. This thread at the moment just leaves an itch that has yet to be relieved with what I'm seeing so far.

I was not in charge of this post, but I agree that a name change is the best course of action. I brought that up before the public announcement, but I figured if Shiba wants it, then that's what goes. We are open to suggestions for a new name, though :)

3 hours ago, Shibainumaster said:

Yet,after all these years,there was no Memento Mori 3. After playing the 1st and the 2nd MM an idea was born, an idea to create Memento Mori 3!

It's widely considered that 'Requiem' (from 1997) is an unofficial MM3 of sorts, since a lot of people involved with MM1/MM2 contributed towards it: https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Requiem

That being said, while a name change wouldn't be a bad idea, I don't see the harm in calling it the Memento Mori 3 community project either.

Just now, Suitepee said:

It's widely considered that 'Requiem' (from 1997) is an unofficial MM3 of sorts, since a lot of people involved with MM1/MM2 contributed towards it: https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Requiem

That being said, while a name change wouldn't be a bad idea, I don't see the harm in calling it the Memento Mori 3 community project either.

Yeah, I guess its just whoever you ask, some will be ok like you some will say "Its not Momento Mori 3 in spirit" and most have said the second so far D:

I had the idea of calling it "[INSERT NEW LATIN NAME]: a Memento Mori spiritual sequel"

I loved MM and MM2. I'd love to attempt to be a part of a MM3. Pencil me up for MAP12.

I mean, if you want a cool latin name, you could probably go worse than Dulce et Decorum Morte. You could probably go better, too, but I don't get many chances to loosely reference Wilfred Owen on a videogame forum.

Hmm, Macabre... thats for sure...

Why don't we just call it that XD Macabre literally means "Involving Death"

Just call it "Memento Mori Tribute Project" and I think it would be fine

yeah I guess

But if that was the sub name I hope the game would be called "Macabre; A Memento Mori Tribute Project"