Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oliacym

Jungle-Themed RPG

Hi all, thought I'd share the bare beginnings of something I'm working on just to put something out there, basically an RPG with Strife dialogue stuff chaining objectives together across a set of branching maps. It's jungle-themed, which took a while to come up with a visual decoration technique that I didn't utterly hate. I tried emulating Knee-Deep in the Jungle, then looked at Cheogsh, but went with this in the end.

I'm also using HD sprites for the characters generated from 3d which admittedly do need a bit of refinement, but the animation comes out fluid at least. Whether that clashes with the rest of it I'm undecided yet. They also use 16 rotations, all of which may even be overkill. Just proof of concept more than anything, but here is some footage/screens so you can see what I'm driving at.

The aim is to link many maps together with "teleport to map" linedefs, so you can essentially go anywhere at any time. Since there is a lot of stock placed in character interactions, I'll need to look into some kind of objectives system to make conversations come to life. The next step is to include some spawning enemies (the equivalent of raiders, and certain vicious wildlife) to give the player something to do in the meantime.

Thanks for looking!

Test-Footage.zip

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

06.png

I think you meant to write "boner" themed but its ok the letters are like right next to each other

13 minutes ago, magicsofa said:

I think you meant to write "boner" themed but its ok the letters are like right next to each other

You're right I did, good catch :D

Someone needs to tell doomguy it's a bit rude to be reaching out your hand like that lol

9 hours ago, Pistoolkip said:

How is a woman walking around the jungle in a bikini this pale? Is she okay?

She's just gone a bit mad with the sunblock

18 hours ago, sandwedge said:

Someone needs to tell doomguy it's a bit rude to be reaching out your hand like that lol

He's offering to shake hands and everyone's ignoring him :.(