Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grimm

Killing the Par Time

I know I posted this as an ending question in one of my other threads, but no one responded and I can't figure it out for the life of me, so . . . How can I make the par times at the end of levels simply not show up? I'm usung regular Ultimate Doom and Doom 2, no source ports. I've seen this done in other wads, but I can't understand how it was done. Thanks!

The only way I can think of is to replace all the relevant graphics (WIxxx) with completely cyan (i.e. transparent) ones, which can be 1 pixel big.

You can't really. You can do what Nick suggested, but then I think all the numbers on the level end page will be blank as well. What you may be able to do is simply replace the "PAR" graphic which a 1x1 pixel cyan image, but it'll still be there. There's no way to mess with it via dehacked either, sadly.

I know it can be done, beacuse in Invasion 1.9, none of the par times appear in Episode 4. It's in the Doom 1/megawads directory, I believe, if you wanna take a look at it.

Heh. No, it can't be done, and if you look at E4 in the plain IWAD, you'll see there are no par times. They never placed par times for the additional episode.

Aha. That possibility didn't cross my mind. Oh, well. Tanks for helpin', everyone!

The Heretic said:

mmm maybe. Im just waiting for that certain guy to pop up and say, It's hard coded into the doom executable (tm).

You're absolutely right, it is! Some source ports have some logic to disable the par times when some user levels are uses but with the original Exe you're out of luck...