Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alex S.

Favorite Adult Beverage

Denizens of Doomworld, what is your favorite libation? Mine is grain vodka. What do you drink and why is it your favorite?

I like the hard stuff - Blackcurrant with Apple Green Tea.

2 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

That sounds really good.

1 minute ago, Alex S. said:

That sounds really good.

It really, really is. I have like three cups a day.

19 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

I adore apple tea. It's lovely to see a fellow enjoyer on DW :^)

1 hour ago, Sr_Ludicolo said:

I adore apple tea. It's lovely to see a fellow enjoyer on DW :^)

I politely raise my mug in your general direction.

I'm a big fan of the Moscow Mule cocktail, I adore them screwdrivers too in the morning, and I like absinthe a whole hell of a lot too. Watch out with that stuff though, oh boy. I drank so much of it one time and passed right the hell to sleep. Woke up 15 hours later, went for my pecker piss and as soon as i finished, i spent the next 20 or so minutes puking right there into the toilet. Felt just fine afterwards, great start to the day right? Lmao.

23 minutes ago, 7Mahonin said:

I'm a big fan of the Moscow Mule cocktail, I adore them screwdrivers too in the morning, and I like absinthe a whole hell of a lot too. Watch out with that stuff though, oh boy. I drank so much of it one time and passed right the hell to sleep. Woke up 15 hours later, went for my pecker piss and as soon as i finished, i spent the next 20 or so minutes puking right there into the toilet. Felt just fine afterwards, great start to the day right? Lmao.

I'll take absinthe over chartreuse. Never, ever, ever again will I touch that stuff.

I consider gin and tonic to be the great equalizer. As an expatriated Brit, I try to spread its corruption everywhere

As for Chartreuse, yep, be wary. I once, in the same night, got drunk on Chartreuse AND stung by a scorpion in a party in a squat in the south of France. Woke up 15 kilometers  away from the party the next morning sleeping on a matress that came from god knows where on a construction site.

Actually thinking a Doom wad called "Chartreuse" could be cool, a sort of weird intoxicated adventure in black in green...

A properly made (and chilled) Manhattan. No bullshit Woodford Reserve. Just an honest bourbon, strained (not over the rocks), and served in a martini glass with an humble cherry. Down home cocktail.

5 minutes ago, Snark said:

I consider gin and tonic to be the great equalizer. As an expatriated Brit, I try to spread its corruption everywhere

As for Chartreuse, yep, be wary. I once, in the same night, got drunk on Chartreuse AND stung by a scorpion in a party in a squat in the south of France. Woke up 15 kilometers  away from the party the next morning sleeping on a matress that came from god knows where on a construction site.

Actually thinking a Doom wad called "Chartreuse" could be cool, a sort of weird intoxicated adventure in black in green...

I have a chartreuse story very similar to @7Mahonin's absinthe story, except it involves not enjoying the drink, a windowsill plastered with half-digested Mongolian Beef, and 3 weeks worth of oregano-esque aroma.

Rum and coke.  If I have to have a beer make it a quasi-beer and give me a grapefruit radler.  Tbh haven't had any adult beverages for a while though, feeling pretty good without it.  And usually worse the next day with it!

I enjoy my adult beverages ;p

A dank, delicious IPA or a subtle and refreshing wheatbier, a chocolately stout, a fruity and complex belgian, you name it. I like most varieties. Beer is my go-to but I also love mead and have an appreciation for flavorful and complex red wines like your merlots and pinot noirs and some whites. I also love sake, warm or chilled, and am getting into more spirits and distilled beverages lately like spiced rum or brandy. I can't stomach any vodka I've had thusfar, and the peetiness and strong hit of most whiskies I've had usually puts me off. I also quite like Jager.

For me, it's absinthe, when I can afford it. Otherwise Old Fashioneds made from mid-shelf whiskey and Angostura bitters.

I also enjoy a Sidecar. Had a great one mixed for me in Vegas when my wife and I were there for the filming of Battlebots. Ernest Hemmingway was a fan of the Sidecar, as the story goes, and after drinking one, I can see why. Recipe follows (from Liquor.com):

• 1 1/2 ounces cognac
  • 3/4 ounce orange liqueur (such as Cointreau)
  • 3/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
  • Garnish: orange twist
  • Garnish: sugar rim (optional)
  1. Coat the rim of a coupe glass with sugar, if desired, and set aside.
  2. Add the cognac, orange liqueur and lemon juice to a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
  3. Strain into the prepared glass.
  4. Garnish with an orange twist.

Enjoy.

I only drink water and various non-caffeinated decoctions - not very adult! But pine-needle is probably my favourite at the moment, super tasty.

Don't drink, so I usually stick to water. Sometimes I'll treat myself with a soda, Moxie from Maine is really interesting. It's kinda like carbonated and sugary bitters. Sprecker's root beer is excellent, as is Fitz's - that comes from St. Louis MI. Bit of a drive, but every time I'm there I get some. 

Oh and I like lemonade :P

Grant's Whisky, straight. Usually only drink for medical purposes, but it's still a good one.

Something with triple sec usually. But it can be hard to find a cocktail that isn't overly-watered down.

Otherwise...I can take a good sour beer or a stout.

Properly prepared absinthe (i.e., the cube of sugar is not on fire 😒), Moscow mules, Long Island iced teas, and strong margaritas are probably my favorites.  A shot of Stranahan's whisky or a shot of Kraken rum is also good.  I guess tequilas, whiskies, and vodkas are my favorite hard liquors overall, though.

On the beer side, I like dark ales best, or something like Alaskan Amber.

I go for the most hardest beverage in the world. 

Dihydrogen monoxide, god that shit rocks.

I drink so much of that stuff that I make dihydrogen monoxide when I get hot. I swear my blood is made of the stuff. 

I feel like my life revolves around dihydrogen monoxide. I would die without drinking it im that addicted.