Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StarSpun5000

What is the most memorable midi you've ever heard in a doom map?

Hidden Anger is practically the epitome of memorable, the moment you boot up the first map on Memento Mori, you're in for an original music treat.

For me, It's "at doom's gate", "running from evil", "nobody told me about id", and a bunch of other midis, but they're from the 2 main doom games.

Recapture from Icarus: Alien Vanguard by David Shaw. Sends chills down my spine when it gets to the part around 2:43.

Not really a favourite MIDI sort of person, but I have just started playing through The Plutonia Experiment and am loving the Plutonia MIDI Pack I am using. I'm a couple of maps in and it is really great!

Spoiler

God where do I even begin....

Pretty much every Stuart Rynn song used in Speed of Doom ("Stars" especially)

Stuart's "Para Bellum" takes the spot of my absolute favourite midi (Heartland map 6)

"Astral Dreadnought", "Nobody Told Me About Plutonia", "Starting Out", and "Night Run" from Plutonia 2

"Neato", "Sea Bats", "Target NeuTralised", "TiN Toker", and "Crazy Castle Killer" from TNT Revilution are all bangers, and "Ionian Isolation" is memorable for being one of the most atmospheric, creepy midis I've heard

"The Temple Of Judgement", "Zombi Rises from His Grave", & "Last Wish" from HR2 (insert obligatory "fuck the inmost dens 3" comment here)

And who could forget the sophistically named "Sweaty Mancubus Armpits"

I could go longer but that's all from the top of my head

On 5/11/2022 at 10:59 PM, Faceman2000 said:

Extradimensional Being by @CoTeCiO from Map01 of D64D2. I never see this one brought up in topics like this and I can’t really understand why. The song gripped me from the moment I first heard it. Even though it was entirely new to me, it felt so familiar that I swore I must’ve heard it before. It’s simultaneously atmospheric and exciting, melancholy and hopeful, nostalgic yet original, and foreboding and forelorn. I love this song and I can’t get it out of my head.

On 5/11/2022 at 11:16 PM, Captain Ventris said:

Came here to post the same one. Love that MIDI.

Thank you so much both of you for that comment!! I'm really, really glad you guys enjoy that song of mine, it's really one of the best stuff I've come up with and I feel proud about how that one came to be! In case you don't know (and excuse the shameless plug), that MIDI was a rearrangement of an actual song I wrote for a solo album I released back in 2019, you can find the "real version" of the song here: https://cotecio.bandcamp.com/track/extradimensional-beings-2 I hope you enjoy it, and thank you so much again for the comments, it means the world to me!

Erkatanne had midi-fied versions of actual pop songs and I thought that was really unique. It included a very obscure spanish trance song called Sommeil Paradoxal that is still stuck in my head many years later.

Had to add this one after playing Ozonia, @Deadwing's "Endless Citadela" from that wad's map08 and map16:

On 5/13/2022 at 7:47 PM, NuMetalManiak said:

Hidden Anger is practically the epitome of memorable, the moment you boot up the first map on Memento Mori, you're in for an original music treat.

I was tempted to have that one on my list, but a number of other people did so I went with "Triangle of Fear" instead.

Astral Dreadnaught by Jimmy - Plutonia 2 and DBP01 - synth funk bass poppin' awesome

That one from Misri Halek

The MIDI for the first Egypt map in Scythe II

'Brutal Schism' from Map 19 of Eviternity (Dehydration).

Perfectly fits with the epic, unfolding, nature of the level.

Can't decide what's the most memorable between a lot of midis, but I think it's either The Godhood Suite (Eviternity) or Astral Dreadnaught (Plutonia 2), both songs by Jimmy, have a listen:

Look at the song's length, 43 minutes!

On 5/14/2022 at 7:12 AM, Woolie Wool said:

Notice the US Marines hymn from 0:40 to 0:45 until it just dies down.

There are many amazing midi tracks made by the community members and it's hard to decide, but this classic always comes to my mind when I think of Doom music

For me it's gotta be Stewboy's Imaginarium, originally in Ancient Aliens. A true point of reference that not everything in Doom has gotta be rock or moody sounding.

Essel's Womp in BTSXE1 definitely nails its theme.

Stewboy's "Space Jiggle" has not left my mind for quite a long time.

D_RUNNIN, an unforgettable and unavoidable classic. Such a classic, in fact, that I already know at least ten others have named it their favorite without even having to read through any of the thread.

Honorable mentions: "Ice" and "Gemstones" from Eviternity's snow episode, map01 of Jenesis, "Temple of Judgement/The Path II" from Hell Revealed II, and "Midnight Call" from Memento Mori II.

Edited by TheMagicMushroomMan

My choices are a little odd I must say.

Control CV from Hell to Pay/Perdition's Gate:

Spoiler

Ghost in the Machine from Icarus: Alien Vanguard:

Spoiler

Blessed Are The Quick from Icarus: Alien Vanguard:

Spoiler

Which sounds even better in OPL:

A ton of good midis out there, but the one stuck in my head lately is @AD_79 's "Inhabitants", used in both Arrival (MAP05) and Tarnsman's Projectile Hell (E1M9).

Just a sinister track that makes you feel like you're being watched, before it adds some urgency in the second half.

https://ad-79.bandcamp.com/track/inhabitants

Edited by ginc

the midi for nuts 3 by B.P.R.D i've had multiple dreams where that song has appeared