Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StarSpun5000

What is the most memorable midi you've ever heard in a doom map?

Stewboy's Jade Empire (Plutonia Midi Pack MAP03) is so relaxing/fantastic/chill. I fell in love with the theme since I heard it

51 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

I can form a perfect picture in my mind of what this map is like without having ever played it. Pretty cool when a midi is enough to tell you "you'll never be good enough".

Spoiler

The map is horrible...

Ray Mohawk's 1 Manic Monday Map 2: the first time I heard the famed Rod Stewart's song, I swear it put a smile on my face. This midi music is done so well. 

Ancient Alient Track 15 Gold Rush: This Electro music is so energetic. Besides I don't know why but listening to this track is a very soothing experience to me. I can’t stop coming back to this track every now and then.

Ashes 2063 Title Track: obviously because it reminds me of the movies of John Carpenter. The whole Ashes 2063 Score stands on its own and will be remembered. 

Order is irrelevant, all MIDIs below are good and memorable.

@Deadwing MIDIs from Ozonia (All of them! Cannot pick favorite one.)

Descent of Madness (180 Minutes pour Vivre map 28)

ActRaiser Fillmore Act-1 Theme (Doom Negative One - Beyond The Experiment map 29)

Brutal Schism (Eviternity 19)

Doom (Everywhere in IWADs, but especially on TNT Evilution map 25)

Godhood Suite (Eviternity map 29)

Iceberg (Struggle map 28)

Skeleton's Waltz (Antaresian Reliquary map 03)

Stones of Cartmania (Antaresian Reliquary map 04)

Little Dead Bunny on Plutonia map 11.

It's my favorite Doom MIDI, and it gets stuck in my head a lot. I listen to the Ancient Aliens OST quite often, and I love it all, but this is still my fav off it. It's just absolutely gorgeous and doesn't sound like something I had ever heard in Doom before. I never used to listen to soundtracks of WADs before, but this was so good, it made me.

I also want to shout out Jimmy's "Motion Machine" from map 10 of Eviternity. It's one of the best examples in Doom MIDIs of a fast, rocking song that explodes into a gorgeous acoustic interlude that's a little bit of a breather. 

Without doubt, the best song of the entire Doom OST. I love the "hopeless" feel on the entire song, and great use of the stereo Melodic Toms.

Also

Funky Intermission ou yeeeeh

Off the top of my head, I really enjoyed these two original midis when I first listened to them:

- "Fallen sun" by @Jimmy

- "The day of defeat" by @PsychEyeball

- I also love a few others, like the one from Sunlust MAP19, and of course the ones I use in my maps ;)

I wanted to shout out the MIDI from MAP19 of The Box of a Thousand Demons - incredible piece that really goes on a journey, with dark, moody and synth-heavy vibes that swing between metal and darkwave style rhythms, then out of nowhere goes into this totally unexpected melancholy jazz-funk sounding break. Really memorable and cinematic that fits the map like a glove.

Okay, the song from Ashes 2063 motorway massacre (whatever that bike map is), while it is just a tribute to More from TNT, it's a good one at that.

My top 5 fav midi would be 

1.MAP26: "Ivy" by Stewboy from Prcp

2.MAP20: "Ballad of the Demons" by PRIMEVAL (rearrangement of "Waltz of the Demons") From Prcp

3.MAP06: Remix by Jay Reichard of "Suspense" from Doom, originally by Robert Prince from Sunder

4.MAP29: MIDI rendition of "Max Man" from Streets of Rage 2, sequenced by José Felix from sunlust

5.MAP21: "Lava's Edge" by Stuart Rynn from speed of doom

One MIDI that has stuck with me is from Herian 2, it plays in Map16 ("Lava Pit") and Map29 ("Cavern"), but because the music pack is quite hard to get a hold of these days, it isn't available on any of the main video sites, not even via playthroughs on YouTube (I found a YouTube playthrough of Herian 2 that had no music).

This midi by @Bucket stuck in my mind for years after I first heard it. I was very excited to replay Plutonia and finally get to the level where I could hear it again. It sounds like a lost King Crimson epic.

Edited by Gifty