Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

JAMAL JONES TRILOGY - Old development thread - [Doomkid's 20 Years Mapping Contest]

For those curious, it’s about 12 hours remaining to submit a map for judging :)

Just to restate it, since the older posts could easily be glossed over in this long thread: You will still be able to update your map further after the judging/streaming sessions, and if you for some reason are a few hours late or something to that effect, I’ll still accept (slightly!) late submissions as part of the wad, they just won’t be part of the judging process. People will still get to enjoy your map!

So much high quality content being posted.. I’ve got to make damn sure I have everyone’s latest submissions, too... So many maps!

1 minute ago, Doomkid said:

Just to restate it, since the older posts could easily be glossed over in this long thread: You will still be able to update your map further after the judging/streaming sessions, and if you for some reason are a few hours late or something to that effect, I’ll still accept (slightly!) late submissions as part of the wad, they just won’t be part of the judging process. People will still get to enjoy your map!

So much high quality content being posted.. I’ve got to make damn sure I have everyone’s latest submissions, too... So many maps!

Just as Lord Caco in the sky intended.

jj is going to be a good wad wish I could contribute but had other things going on  >.<

https://www.moddb.com/mods/delta-complex

Title: Delta Complex

Author: Borpo The Wizard

Music: Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power : No Good (Attack the Radical)

Difficulty: All supported to the best of my ability.

Tested: GZDoom

Theme: Tech Base

Screenshots are included via link. Thanks for looking.

The download will take a bit to be approved, whoops.

39 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

I'll get a V6 for my map soon, so I hope you're fine with a late update.

EDIT: Ignore this post, the site was clearly just down for an hour or 2 and everything is back and operational. Crisis averted!!

On 2/25/2022 at 3:49 AM, Ricola102 said:

Hope I'm not too late to submit! Made a Hell map with an industrial vibe. Came out a bit easier than I was hoping, but hey who doesn't enjoy a nice short and sweet map. You can grab it here: https://wadhosting.com/Wad/FDCE677C62A7C429F41805297245FEDE212059E8 More info on the text there.

On 2/26/2022 at 6:59 AM, Mark Bloom said:

This is the 4th and final version of The Cauldron. I won't change it further unless some bugs are discovered (I really hope that this won't be the case).

>> Download link<<

On 2/26/2022 at 7:28 AM, MtPain27 said:

Here's an updated version of my map: fixed some vanilla compat issues, added like two enemies and a couple of recovery items, tinkered with one room, a hallway, and some texturing...it's still noobie material, but I think it's got one or two pretty solid fights. 

https://wadhosting.com/Wad/CAF8FE97C72DD07B6B055F883082B1A7A0EF5BB3

@Doomkid

On 2/26/2022 at 8:58 PM, b0n3 said:
On 2/27/2022 at 4:05 AM, Rycuz said:

Version 666: https://wadhosting.com/Wad/2CED64657B4406E8C48275A0D847A722800E0653
Final Version I think unless I find another issues.

On 2/27/2022 at 4:39 PM, Anonymous Space Marine said:

Hi everyone! Hope all is well. Here's the second version of Vile Streets:

https://wadhosting.com/Wad/77AE9AB2F697B169F49DBA3A1D5C790E870E37A8

Hey friends - in an extremely annoying turn of events, WadHosting picked today (of all days...) to shit the bed. None of these download links work :(

If you'd please upload these maps to Doomshack.org, MediaFire or DropBox (or anywhere else) I'll finally be able to download them!

Sorry about the inconvenience, not sure what's up with WadHosting - probably something temporary, but holy shit what awful timing!

@Peccatum Mihzamiz awesome map! @Dubbag hung out while I played and we had a pretty good time -- it's amazing the amount of things you were able to pull off and keeping up vanilla - great times 

16 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Sorry about double posting, but since this is pretty important, I just want to make damn sure no one is being left out.

Here is the current list of maps I've received for this project:

@A.H. Sankhatayan - Warhevil 0.9.wad
@Anonymous Space Marine - Vile Streets V2.wad
@Argent Agent - Corrupted Utopia V1.wad
@b0n3 - Menagerie Mayhem V2.wad
@Big Ol Billy - umrkV1.wad
@Blexor - Caustic Canyon V2.wad
@Blue Phoenix - sewage city v2.wad
@Cammy - GrilledBillions v1.0.wad
@CBM - 1WORLD_v_1_2.wad
@DrJordo - The Jury is In!.wad
@Earnesttrout - Dark Secrets1.5.wad
@Elto Gaming - Bloodshot Sunshine.wad
@E.M. - Mucopurulent Mystery V01.wad
@evil_scientist - PACKIN HEAT.wad
@finnks13 - Slime Infestation v2.wad
@Glikkzy - JAMAL JONES - Pollution Plant - Version 3.wad
@Goat-Avenger - FORLORN_FANTASY-secretexit-v5.wad
@Hitboi - Devilish Belly.wad
@HrnekBezucha - Smells_like_cordite RC2-rev-A.wad
@jacnowak - damneddam_v2.wad
@Jastrzab Trzeci - Babylon1816.wad
@joe-ilya - BASILICA_v2_1.wad
@Large Cat - Final_contact.wad
@LGmaire - Future Hometown JJV3.wad
@Majipantsu - Shopping Spree V1-2.wad
@Mark Bloom - The_Cauldron_1ManV4.wad
@MEMEAIDS - Ironclad Fortress.wad
@mgr_inz_rafal - Techbase Damaged By Hell.wad
@MtPain27 - Ezekiel 2517 V2.wad
@NeilJohnRips - Reading The Demonic Scriptures v1.0.wad
@Origamyde - Derelict Row edit back 4.wad
@Osmosis Bones - Starflippers Inc v2.wad
@Peccatum Mihzamiz - Inner City Evil_v02.wad
@phoo - Gloves Off.wad

@Ricola102 - Industrial Revulsion
@Rycuz - ToTheSite V666c.wad
@Rymante - Waste Em v1.wad
@sectrslayr - Corporate Secret v2.wad
@ShadesMaster - BLOOD FOZZLE.wad
@Skronkidonk - Edens River.wad
@Synuś Vader - UAC DELTA LABS.wad
@Thatonespymain - JAMALJONESSUBMISSION.wad
@valkiriforce - The Escapist V2.wad
@Velvetic - Amongst Blood and Fire.wad
@Vladguy - Running_Down v3.wad
@Weird Sandwich - Sinister Sludge.wad
@Yumheart - Death Leap.wad

(47 freakin' maps, holy hell! That's almost 2 whole megawads.. I also received a non-vanilla map from @TVdinnermasterchef, and of course Wheel of Misfortune from Origamyde, both of which will be a little 2-map bonus wad, just like was done for Rowdy Rudy 2 and Ray Mohawk 2.)

If I have flat-out missed your submission, or you have reason to suspect I haven't received the latest version of your map, please do post within the next 11ish hours so I can get everything in on-time! :)

Man, 47 maps. That's like... A lot of maps.

Even though I'm working on a new version, you forgot this version of Future Hometown @Doomkid.

On 1/29/2022 at 1:37 AM, LGmaire said:

Also finally updated the thing: https://wadhosting.com/Wad/FF79C99B111D358B5826968BB993A13C605FF940

Changes are down here with the spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

-Added some decorations that no one cares about lmao

-Fixed some texture issues.

-Added Potty (Don't ask)

-Added Difficulty settings. (Thank the lord)

It's not the final version though, so keep in mind that I will update it. :)

I'm really excited to see you judge all of the maps here, and I'm really excited to see the final product, so I can play all of the maps lol.

I don't think I'll win the prize, or even get to 2nd place, but I saw the opportunity to make a map here for fun, and that's what matters to me.

FYI the file name for my submission was “umrkV1-jamaljones.wad”. I don’t think I changed the upload at any point, so presumably this is the file you have. (An earlier working version was just named “umrkV1.wad” so I wanted to make sure you didn’t somehow grab an early version.) My map post has the correct file linked, which I’ll also link here to confirm just in case: https://www.dropbox.com/s/us60jx1obmu19n7/umrkV1-jamaljones.wad?dl=1

Sorry about that Billy, I just trimmed the jamaljones bit off the end for "visual consistency" in the list - naturally it would end up the same as an earlier version, just to confuse us all! Can confirm I've got the latest version of your map.

Here is a map. It has went through around 4 revisions.  I'm too tired to work on this anymore, it isn't broken so it's fine.

It should work with vanilla but the vanilla stack is probably full so just make sure it's early on in the linup.

Midi - Technodoom by Mark Klem.

Initialisation.zip

1549333615_Screenshotfrom2022-02-2822-03-41.png.f9cacf8df5358cda2f0ef3c58b96a30f.png849243626_Screenshotfrom2022-02-2822-02-41.png.dbfc481ebcea54aa437f20a3ae382d16.png

So excited to see how this all turns out! You'll definitely be getting a touched-up version of my map at some point, but it'll be after reviewing time.

If I may be so bold as to speak for my fellow contributors, thank you above all else, @Doomkid, for 20 awesome years of fellowship, collaborative spirit, and awesome content! Getting the chance to work on one of your projects and be a part of the DKCU (the Donkey Kong Doomkid Cinematic Universe) is an honor, and I hope that you - and everybody else - will enjoy every map which was submitted.

Good luck, everyone!

Well, the clock has already rolled over to March 1st here, so there's no time to put any advice into practice, but it the face of futility I've put together another one of these review/impressions/unsolicited rambling posts. I'm not sure if this one will be the last. I suppose if someone expresses an interest in it, I could do another for the remaining levels, post-deadline. I would still like to play those levels, make no mistake, but whether or not I'll keep running my mouth about them is a mater to be solved later.

"Corporate Secret" (sectrslayr)

Spoiler

Based on the screenshots you provided, this was one of the levels that I was looking forward to playing. I'm pleased to say that it didn't disappoint. I thought the challenge with this one was plenty fair, and that health and ammo were never too far away. My two micro-complaints would be that the brown techbase texture used on the walls here feels a little omnipresent, and that once you reach the room with the yellow key, there doesn't seem to be a way to return to the rest of the level (In case you wanted to search for secrets and the like). Neither of these are deal-breakers, mind, but I figured I'd mention them all the same. 'Stealth Mode' also happens to be one of my favorite Jimmy MIDIs, so my compliments to the chef for using it here.

"Techbase Damaged By Hell" (mgr_inz_rafal)

Spoiler

The name is long, the floors are slimy, and the MIDI sounds like it samples DKC 2. What's not to like? The music together with how this one starts in an outdoor environment, it feels like our intrepid hero Jamal is about to investigate an ancient temple. It'd totally be down for that, but alas... Another megawad, maybe. My first impression was that the early part of this level leans a little heavy on the pistol, and that you're hurting for bigger guns before you can find them. There's some tricky spots besides, like the archvile tower near the ledge with the shuffling boneheads, but ultimately nothing that I found too outrageous. By the end I was missing a bunch of enemies, and with a little help from our friend Dave Taylor, discovered that they were all bumbling about in one of the teleporter rooms. Not sure what bugged out, but that's my report.

"Gloves Off" (phoo)

Spoiler

Shucks, I'm conflicted here. On the one hand, this level looks great, and you clearly put a lot of time and effort into it. On the other hand, it's a mean ol' bugger which kicked my ass all the way up and down the street. I gather that the difficulty settings aren't fully implemented yet, so maybe it's not right to say that the level is 'too hard', but for my part I wasn't able to clear to the end of it, and that's with using saves. I made it as far as the room with the hell knights and the two cybies before I decided I'd been beaten, and I put in 2 hours of retries to get to that point. For the density of enemies that come at you, there were some places where I felt that health was lacking, like that slime room with the bazillion green imps who teleport in (even a RAD suit would have been great so that I could move around a bit more). I won't try to imply like I know how UV should be balanced, but that was just my impression. In closing, this map has got some cool things going in how the encounters themselves are designed, but man was I trounced by it. I'd love to see a version where HMP isn't quite so painful.

"Grilled Billions" (Cammy)

Spoiler

You called this one a potential penultimate map, and I have to say that I can see it. This one beat me up in the hallway and took my lunch money. I can't blame it on a lack of health or ammo because I found those two factors to be pretty well balanced, honestly. The worst I could say in that regard is that I took some deaths before I figured out how best to get stocked up from level start. My shame is that like with phoo's map, I couldn't beat this one even with the use of saves. That big room with the cross-patterned floor was a bridge too far for me (extra demoralizing since I came close twice). The overall design and non-linearity of this map is cool, but navigating it was, admittedly, a bit confusing. I had times when I knew where I wanted to go (back to the yellow key for instance), but would find myself taking wrong turns more than once. The MIDI's got me feelin' stuff, though. It's adventurous and sinister all in one.

"Untitled [unless i missed it somehow]" (thatonespymain)

Spoiler

First thing's first: This level is not bad to look at. The 'mine'-like appearance of the latter half is slick. Gameplay-wise, it's a little more plain, if not outright amateurish. I don't say that to be cruel, but it does have elements that make it feel like someone's early map. Ammo and health are more often placed in clusters rather than being sprinkled like seasoning across the level. Weapons are placed in your path at regular intervals, and though I did find a few secrets, none of them were tagged as such. Some of the monsters were just plain stuck, too. I don't say this to be discouraging, but I think this one could use a little more polish. (You're right though weebs aren't people haha jk of course the weebs are alright please don't ban me)

"Contaminated Purgatory" (StrangerRanger)

Spoiler

Big Rudy is Watching You! This here is another level who's screenshots drew my eye, but having now played it, I frankly don't think they did it justice. The detail work in this techbase is superb, and I tip my hat to your skill. Challenge-wise, it's even-handed. I took a stupid zap from an archvile in my run, and tip-toed through the rest, but otherwise I don't think this wouldn't go amiss as an episode 2 opener (or, depending on the WAD, an episode 1 opener). There's one part with a wall of switches by a pool of slime that I couldn't quite figure out. Are they for a secret? Cool idea if so, but it went over my dumb head.

I will also say that being a part of this competition has been a joy and a privilege, and playing through these submissions has been a blast thus far. I really don't know who could win it all, but I've definitely seen some strong candidates!

@Doomkid one last minute tiny, tiny bugfix. Don't wanna mess with it once it's official. That's what deadlines are for :D

And what's the plan now? You're gonna judge and stream all the maps on twitch or youtube? How much time you're expecting? This is my first time contributing to a community project so I don't really know how things go.

Smells_like_cordite-RC2-rev-B.wad.zip

edit: also, here's the textfile-like data

Name: Smells Like Cordite

Made new from scratch

Description: Techbase with little outdoor area, non-linear

Play time: 15-20 minutes

Build time: about 24 hours in 3 days

Difficulty settings: implemented

Coop/Deathmatch: no

Tested in: chocolate-doom 3.0.0 (couldn't find a linux binary for chocorenderlimits)

Midi: D_DDTBL2 from freedoom2.wad

Editors used: Eureka, Gimp

Resource: 1ManV6.wad

Release candidate 2, revision B bugfix: guys tended to gang up one door when taking the outside route, should be ok now.

Edited by HrnekBezucha : added data

8 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Sorry about double posting, but since this is pretty important, I just want to make damn sure no one is being left out.

Here is the current list of maps I've received for this project:

@A.H. Sankhatayan - Warhevil 0.9.wad
@Anonymous Space Marine - Vile Streets V2.wad
@Argent Agent - Corrupted Utopia V1.wad
@b0n3 - Menagerie Mayhem V2.wad
@Big Ol Billy - umrkV1.wad
@Blexor - Caustic Canyon V2.wad
@Blue Phoenix - sewage city v2.wad
@Cammy - GrilledBillions v1.0.wad
@CBM - 1WORLD_v_1_2.wad
@DrJordo - The Jury is In!.wad
@Earnesttrout - Dark Secrets1.5.wad
@Elto Gaming - Bloodshot Sunshine.wad
@E.M. - Mucopurulent Mystery V01.wad
@evil_scientist - PACKIN HEAT.wad
@finnks13 - Slime Infestation v2.wad
@Glikkzy - JAMAL JONES - Pollution Plant - Version 3.wad
@Goat-Avenger - FORLORN_FANTASY-secretexit-v5.wad
@Hitboi - Devilish Belly.wad
@HrnekBezucha - Smells_like_cordite RC2-rev-A.wad
@jacnowak - damneddam_v2.wad
@Jastrzab Trzeci - Babylon1816.wad
@joe-ilya - BASILICA_v2_1.wad
@Large Cat - Final_contact.wad
@LGmaire - Future Hometown JJV3.wad
@Majipantsu - Shopping Spree V1-2.wad
@Mark Bloom - The_Cauldron_1ManV4.wad
@MEMEAIDS - Ironclad Fortress.wad
@mgr_inz_rafal - Techbase Damaged By Hell.wad
@MtPain27 - Ezekiel 2517 V2.wad
@NeilJohnRips - Reading The Demonic Scriptures v1.0.wad
@Origamyde - Derelict Row edit back 4.wad
@Osmosis Bones - Starflippers Inc v2.wad
@Peccatum Mihzamiz - Inner City Evil_v02.wad
@phoo - Gloves Off.wad

@Ricola102 - Industrial Revulsion
@Rycuz - ToTheSite V666c.wad
@Rymante - Waste Em v1.wad
@sectrslayr - Corporate Secret v2.wad
@ShadesMaster - BLOOD FOZZLE.wad
@Skronkidonk - Edens River.wad
@Synuś Vader - UAC DELTA LABS.wad
@Thatonespymain - JAMALJONESSUBMISSION.wad
@valkiriforce - The Escapist V2.wad
@Velvetic - Amongst Blood and Fire.wad
@Vladguy - Running_Down v3.wad
@Weird Sandwich - Sinister Sludge.wad
@Yumheart - Death Leap.wad

(47 freakin' maps, holy hell! That's almost 2 whole megawads.. I also received a non-vanilla map from @TVdinnermasterchef, and of course Wheel of Misfortune from Origamyde, both of which will be a little 2-map bonus wad, just like was done for Rowdy Rudy 2 and Ray Mohawk 2.)

If I have flat-out missed your submission, or you have reason to suspect I haven't received the latest version of your map, please do post within the next 11ish hours so I can get everything in on-time! :)

Holy shit this is happening 

53 minutes ago, Blexor said:

Well, the clock has already rolled over to March 1st here, so there's no time to put any advice into practice, but it the face of futility I've put together another one of these review/impressions/unsolicited rambling posts. I'm not sure if this one will be the last. I suppose if someone expresses an interest in it, I could do another for the remaining levels, post-deadline. I would still like to play those levels, make no mistake, but whether or not I'll keep running my mouth about them is a mater to be solved later.

"Corporate Secret" (sectrslayr)

Reveal hidden contents

Based on the screenshots you provided, this was one of the levels that I was looking forward to playing. I'm pleased to say that it didn't disappoint. I thought the challenge with this one was plenty fair, and that health and ammo were never too far away. My two micro-complaints would be that the brown techbase texture used on the walls here feels a little omnipresent, and that once you reach the room with the yellow key, there doesn't seem to be a way to return to the rest of the level (In case you wanted to search for secrets and the like). Neither of these are deal-breakers, mind, but I figured I'd mention them all the same. 'Stealth Mode' also happens to be one of my favorite Jimmy MIDIs, so my compliments to the chef for using it here.

Reveal hidden contents

The name is long, the floors are slimy, and the MIDI sounds like it samples DKC 2. What's not to like? The music together with how this one starts in an outdoor environment, it feels like our intrepid hero Jamal is about to investigate an ancient temple. It'd totally be down for that, but alas... Another megawad, maybe. My first impression was that the early part of this level leans a little heavy on the pistol, and that you're hurting for bigger guns before you can find them. There's some tricky spots besides, like the archvile tower near the ledge with the shuffling boneheads, but ultimately nothing that I found too outrageous. By the end I was missing a bunch of enemies, and with a little help from our friend Dave Taylor, discovered that they were all bumbling about in one of the teleporter rooms. Not sure what bugged out, but that's my report.

"Gloves Off" (phoo)

Reveal hidden contents

Shucks, I'm conflicted here. On the one hand, this level looks great, and you clearly put a lot of time and effort into it. On the other hand, it's a mean ol' bugger which kicked my ass all the way up and down the street. I gather that the difficulty settings aren't fully implemented yet, so maybe it's not right to say that the level is 'too hard', but for my part I wasn't able to clear to the end of it, and that's with using saves. I made it as far as the room with the hell knights and the two cybies before I decided I'd been beaten, and I put in 2 hours of retries to get to that point. For the density of enemies that come at you, there were some places where I felt that health was lacking, like that slime room with the bazillion green imps who teleport in (even a RAD suit would have been great so that I could move around a bit more). I won't try to imply like I know how UV should be balanced, but that was just my impression. In closing, this map has got some cool things going in how the encounters themselves are designed, but man was I trounced by it. I'd love to see a version where HMP isn't quite so painful.

"Grilled Billions" (Cammy)

Reveal hidden contents

You called this one a potential penultimate map, and I have to say that I can see it. This one beat me up in the hallway and took my lunch money. I can't blame it on a lack of health or ammo because I found those two factors to be pretty well balanced, honestly. The worst I could say in that regard is that I took some deaths before I figured out how best to get stocked up from level start. My shame is that like with phoo's map, I couldn't beat this one even with the use of saves. That big room with the cross-patterned floor was a bridge too far for me (extra demoralizing since I came close twice). The overall design and non-linearity of this map is cool, but navigating it was, admittedly, a bit confusing. I had times when I knew where I wanted to go (back to the yellow key for instance), but would find myself taking wrong turns more than once. The MIDI's got me feelin' stuff, though. It's adventurous and sinister all in one.

"Untitled [unless i missed it somehow]" (thatonespymain)

Hide contents

First thing's first: This level is not bad to look at. The 'mine'-like appearance of the latter half is slick. Gameplay-wise, it's a little more plain, if not outright amateurish. I don't say that to be cruel, but it does have elements that make it feel like someone's early map. Ammo and health are more often placed in clusters rather than being sprinkled like seasoning across the level. Weapons are placed in your path at regular intervals, and though I did find a few secrets, none of them were tagged as such. Some of the monsters were just plain stuck, too. I don't say this to be discouraging, but I think this one could use a little more polish. (You're right though weebs aren't people haha jk of course the weebs are alright please don't ban me)

"Contaminated Purgatory" (StrangerRanger)

Reveal hidden contents

Big Rudy is Watching You! This here is another level who's screenshots drew my eye, but having now played it, I frankly don't think they did it justice. The detail work in this techbase is superb, and I tip my hat to your skill. Challenge-wise, it's even-handed. I took a stupid zap from an archvile in my run, and tip-toed through the rest, but otherwise I don't think this wouldn't go amiss as an episode 2 opener (or, depending on the WAD, an episode 1 opener). There's one part with a wall of switches by a pool of slime that I couldn't quite figure out. Are they for a secret? Cool idea if so, but it went over my dumb head.

I will also say that being a part of this competition has been a joy and a privilege, and playing through these submissions has been a blast thus far. I really don't know who could win it all, but I've definitely seen some strong candidates!

I mean it is my first map, but I’m glad you managed to find the time to play it. That little Easter egg is a reference to one of my friends that always tried to get me to watch things I never wanted to, so when I got him to play-test I added that in to annoy him and accidentally left it in. Also I kinda don’t know how to tag secrets and it’s probably really obvious but I’m dumb as hell. I put heavy attention into the looks and I kinda put visuals over gameplay in this and kinda regret it.

also you weren’t being cruel so don’t worry about that

(P.S I forgot I didn’t give it a name so I’m calling it Tremors)

53 minutes ago, Blexor said:

My two micro-complaints would be that the brown techbase texture used on the walls here feels a little omnipresent, and that once you reach the room with the yellow key, there doesn't seem to be a way to return to the rest of the level (In case you wanted to search for secrets and the like).

Thanks for the feedback, @Blexor! These exact two issues have been addressed in my latest update.  

Adding @Astronomical, @StrangerRanger, and @Borpo The Wizard‘s maps into rotation! (Somehow missed Stranger’s earlier..)

When combined with my 2 maps which are about 95% finished, we have a grand total of 52 maps so far, with a few hours left til it’s March 1st across the whole world.. Holy moly that’s a lotta maps.

Also getting all the updates posted just recently here. Thank you all for getting these updates in before the due date, or linking me to the updates I’ve missed.

Just to check in, @Btyb88, @Mondeyyy@roadworx@Dusty_Rhodes@SynDoom@TubularB1Us@Eggman07@Lizardcommando@NoOne@game@pcorf@Astro X@Klaesick@NiGHTS108@Pistoolkip@big smoke Saw some awesome looking work from some of you, and clear interest expressed by some of you - just want to ask about any potential progress? (zero pressure if not, of course) 

Even if you pass the deadline a bit I will certainly be willing to include your maps in the final wad(s). Or maybe I missed your submission posts - definitely not out of the question.. d’oh!

10 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

just want to ask about any potential progress? (zero pressure if not, of course) 

i did try to work on the map 
and made some small progress, but decided to work on it a bit later
gonna start working on it again 
it may be finished either today or tommorow 

22 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Adding @Astronomical, @StrangerRanger, and @Borpo The Wizard‘s maps into rotation! (Somehow missed Stranger’s earlier..)

When combined with my 2 maps which are about 95% finished, we have a grand total of 52 maps so far, with a few hours left til it’s March 1st across the whole world.. Holy moly that’s a lotta maps.

Also getting all the updates posted just recently here. Thank you all for getting these updates in before the due date, or linking me to the updates I’ve missed.

Just to check in, @Btyb88, @Mondeyyy@roadworx@Dusty_Rhodes@SynDoom@TubularB1Us@Eggman07@Lizardcommando@NoOne@game@pcorf@Astro X@Klaesick@NiGHTS108@Pistoolkip@big smoke Saw some awesome looking work from some of you, and clear interest expressed by some of you - just want to ask about any potential progress? (zero pressure if not, of course) 

Even if you pass the deadline a bit I will certainly be willing to include your maps in the final wad(s). Or maybe I missed your submission posts - definitely not out of the question.. d’oh!

I switched to Linux a while ago and can't figure out how to install Ultimate Doom Builder in here.

30 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Sorry, I spend my (mapping) time on some other projects and decided not to work on this. So I won't be submitting anything. 

Warhevil 1.0.zip

Final pre-deadline version. 

DM, Coop, Difficulties and general adujstements implemented. 

Name: Warhevil

Midi: Das Boot (Techno Remix) by U96

Build time: around 135 hours

Slot: Map01 (E1 Sky)

DM: Yes. Linedef trickery is used to close off a certain section of the level for it. Not sure how it will play. 

Coop: Yes

Difficulty Settings: Yes

Tested in: Chocolate Doom, GZDoom, PrBoom+

Editors used: UDB

Inspiration: Works of Ty Halderman and Robert Taylor, specifically the Sacrifice Episode, Central Processing, Galaxia and Equinox.

Bugs: Savegame buffer overflow 

Story: It seems that hellspawn is done shooting guns and hurling fireballs. Twelve hours ago, missile carrying a deadly, radioactive substance, which evaporates during explosion and spreads through the air hit one UAC's secret bases. A team of marines was sent out to locate it's origin. They traced it to an abandoned nuclear facility on an island off the coast of Australia. They managed to get inside and discovered that the demons converted the facility for their needs and use the leftover nuclear material to create these missiles. Soon, we lost contact with all of the marines. Your mission is to get inside on a speedboat, blow the whole facility up and escape.  

Edited by A.H. Sankhatayan

To be fair I'm just exited to be a part of this cool community project. So glad I found one of the best video game communities out there.

2 hours ago, Blexor said:

Hide contents

(...). By the end I was missing a bunch of enemies, and with a little help from our friend Dave Taylor, discovered that they were all bumbling about in one of the teleporter rooms. Not sure what bugged out, but that's my report.

Thank you, @Blexor.

I will double-check all teleport traps later today and post an update if needed.

cc: @Doomkid

@Doomkid Like with most of my other stuff, I couldn't quite get it to where I felt happy with it. I figured at the very least I'd release anything I put together for this down the road.

4 hours ago, HrnekBezucha said:

@Doomkid one last minute tiny, tiny bugfix. Don't wanna mess with it once it's official. That's what deadlines are for :D

And what's the plan now? You're gonna judge and stream all the maps on twitch or youtube? How much time you're expecting? This is my first time contributing to a community project so I don't really know how things go.

Smells_like_cordite-RC2-rev-B.wad.zip

edit: also, here's the textfile-like data

Release candidate 2, revision B bugfix: guys tended to gang up one door when taking the outside route, should be ok now.

Great map Buddy - all sorts of action - super fun - I got real suppressed at the beginning haha