Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raymoohawk

real world bfg equivalent?

Literally none of them. The closest would be some kind of missile but even that doesn't match the BFG with it's ability to hit targets out of the initial impact zone.

Some sort of smart gun maybe or heat-seeking weapon. And the modern world has plenty of weapons with payloads containing computers. As far as the way the thing fires some sort of ball of energy, yeah, idk about that one.

Barely portable energy weapon that fires a plasma ball and a cone of deadly radiation as a secondary effect. Not even vehicle versions of a simillar thing exist as of yet. The closest thing in the effect and being a big portable weapon would be a nuclear rocket launcher, i don't know if such thing exist, i read about a prototype of it being a thing in back in the Cold War, it could be a hoax, but you have the wave of deadly radiation after the man portable nuke explodes, so that's the closest thing to a BFG-like effect.

https://youtu.be/tyUh_xSjvXQ

The closest example I can find to a real life BFG. It may not fire a giant green energy ball, but it does fire destructive and accurate invisible lasers. Kinda like the BFG.

As far as I know, though, the project has been discontinued, so we won't be seeing anything like this being used any time soon. (Well, the real hope is that we won't even need these sorts of weapons in the first place, but you know what I mean lol.)

what we need is a weapon that works just like the BFG is programmed, ie if you fire and turn around to face the opposite direction the weapon shoots out of your backside to the enemy.  some sort of quantum laser technology?  also imagine BFG peeking your enemies in real life.  Not fair at all, that would be against the Geneva Convention (as if that would stop people).

To anyone who is not Doomguy, any model of rocket launcher or chaingun would probably count as a big fucking gun.

Regardless if there's a real-world equivalent for the BFG or not the hard part is shooting 40 tracers out of your eyeballs, which is hard to train for.

flinging a watermelon towards someone's face then burping on them.