Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

Your Preferred Food?

Steak and potatos. 

Steak - Marinated in Dale's Seasoning, coated with Kinder's Butchershop Blend, cooked in a cast iron skillet 1 min per side and finished in the oven at medium rare

Potatos - Steamed mini red potatos, coated with a homemade butter/parmesan/garlic blend

Enjoy.

I've been getting into using my smoker regularly.  Smoked meats are generally good, I have been really enjoying smoked salmon lately.

Just take the filet and coat the meat side with salt and pepper, then after the smoker is at temperature just let it go at about 160 deg F / 71 deg C for 3 hours with oak chips.

Tacos made with corn tortillas. No flour, you gringos!

Well done steak cuts with broccoli.

Smoked salmon.

Blood sausage.

Calzone.

Pirozhki.

Stromboli.

Chicken parmesan.

Chicken and red rice.

Enchiladas.

Fideo loco.

Grilled chicken on lettuce.

Sauerkraut, usually on it's own.

Popcorn.

Carrots.

Apples, oranges, kiwis, grapes and cherries.

Marzipan.

Spaghetti.

Steak.

Salads.

There's a lot more food, but I want this list to be short enough.

6 minutes ago, Crystal-Hawk_D00M said:

Well done steak cuts with broccoli.

Chicken thighs (fried or baked), smoked salmon, Korean cheese corn, musubi, chicken katsu with curry, banh mi, pumpkin soup with crab, pig feet (not pickled), traditional English/Irish breakfast (sausage, mushrooms, beans, tomatoes, black and white pudding), anything and everything Indian, etc, etc, etc.

As long as it's got no meat or cheese of any kind in it I'm ok with pretty much anything. Could probably live off fruit and raw vegetables though (carrots, fennel and bell pepper in particular). Not much of a foodie, what with being surrounded by food all day long on my day job etc.

Salt & chilli king prawns.

Salt & chilli anything, actually, but I love my seafood.

Typical weekly food entails:

Pasta

Steak / Salad

A chicken or fish dish

In colder days, a broth soup with pasta, meat and veg

Occasional generic frozen meal

Sometimes dumplings and stir-fry

Once a week is takeaway

I enjoy a good chicken schnitzel and kiev here and there

In terms of my favourite dishes:

BBQ spare ribs

Homemade Pizza

Fried Cheese Calzone covered in homemade sauce

Charcoal cooked fatty BBQ steak

Charcoal cooked marinated lamb spit

Oven baked fish covered in garlic butter

BBQ Octopus and shredded Lamb (greek style)

Spaghetti Marinara

Beans with pork, with some tomato sauce, a bit of onion and coriander

hT8boZK.png

It's a delicious dish let me tell ya ;-)

Pizza - although funnily enough, homemade tends to taste bland, compared to ordered from a pizza place.

Lasagna.

Admittedly, I fancy a burger or hot-dog sometimes.

But we do have meat-filled pastries and meat-rolled pancakes, too.

Fries on rice and beans, with steak and a fried egg, is also pretty decent. What's it called again, a la minuta?

Breaded steak is tasty too. For instance, veal milanese.
I also really like stroganoff, and stuff with cheese in general, as well as broccoli.

Though steaks and vegetables and stroganoff, most stuff like that, we usually eat with rice and beans on a platter, not standalone. Not even the pancakes or lasagna. We do have the sandwiches and the pizza and the meat-filled pastries standalone, though. We in Brazil also eat pizza by the slice, the American way, rather than a small whole disk per person the European way.

By the way, we eat pizza and fries with ketchup, and barbecue sauce is a thing here.

8 hours ago, thiccyosh said:

Spaghetti with more parmesan than sauce.

Authentic Raman and Pho. Two things I love to eat which are not available where I live. If I want pho, it's a 3 hour trip to the city, for Raman, it's even longer.

Been learning how to cook as of late.. Can make a decent level pasta sauces and stir-frys. 

Tofu sandwiches for lunch at work, rolled oats as though they were grain bowls, and vegetable purée porridges lately.

I cook most of my food in a microwave, lol.

Edited by Smouths

I think my favorite foods are anything based around chili or lots of spices, or foods with some sort of sauce.  Some examples of food I love in no particular order:

Smothered burritos

pozole

A bowl of chili verde with shredded beef in it and a tortilla on the side

chili con carne

refried beans

huaraches

cheeseburgers

various types of grilled chicken (blackened, jerk, etc.)

okonomiyaki

oyakodon

katsudon

onigiri with tuna and mayo

kinpira gobo

saag paneer, chicken vindaloo, or really just about any other kind of curries

canned peas

pho ga and pho bo vien

roast beef with mashed potatoes and gravy

carrots (raw, cooked, carrot salad, carrot pudding, pretty much any way)

I'm pretty sure that growing up in Colorado, and in a partially Hispanic household, has had an influence on my preferred foods.

21 hours ago, wallabra said:

Pizza - although funnily enough, homemade tends to taste bland, compared to ordered from a pizza place.

Add a few droplets of olive oil and sprinkle oregano. It adds that authentic Italian flavour to any pizza.

If you really want to step up the game, use buffalo mozzarella cheese. Most cheeses in pizza are more stringy than delicious. Buffalo should give you a bigger cheese hit.

Also if you know a bakery that sells bread dough, use that instead of pizza dough. It tends to have more flavour.

The pizza sauce is important but often overlooked and not noticed, especially in the takeaway pizzas. I can't just say "make a great homemade pizza sauce" but if you know a good recipe, you will get a nice hit of flavour. When I'm feeling really lazy I use supermarket pre-made pizza sauce in a bottle which at the very least has a strong bite.

A really good pizza should have a great crust texture, delicious juicy sauce and you can actually taste the cheese. The toppings should just be an added bonus and not overdone. However 9/10 times it's the other way around. Generic dough, sauce you don't even notice, flavourless stringy cheese and a bucket load of salty toppings.

Like Mr Freeze, I only east Murikan food

Ok, that's not true.

Top-quality pasta

Quinoa that's not just store-bought

Pineapples

Stone fruit

Pizza

burritos

chimichungas

chalupas

enchiladas

Mexican rice

tortillas

pizza (which I never have anymore

top-quality pancakes with top-quality syrup

creme brulee

strawberries which don't taste like cardboard

french fries

sweet potato fries

sushi

pho soup

Ethopian lentil soup

any lentil soup

chickpea-based foods

stir-fry

roast-beef

goulash

When I was young, I loved lemonade, green apples (granny smith) and fresh mint sweets.

Now, you can add home made pizzas, phở, almonds, cantucci, buckwheat crepe with an egg and raclette cheese, wheat pancake with lemon juice, brie cheese, sashimis, fish and chips…

Filipino-style spaghetti, been my favorite since I was a child. It's sweet and a bit salty because of garlic and onion with Giniling (minced meat) and hotdog mixed in makes this pasta always good to me. Fun fact but this was the first big dish I've learned to cook myself. I've eaten Italian spaghetti too, it tasted very different from my country's spaghetti but I really like it too.

spaghetti.jpg

Hard to say. My fiance is known as "Trash Panda" at her job because she takes home all the dead food. She's a server at Applebee's. She calls me a human garbage disposal because I eat what she won't. I love cheeseburgers, pizza, nachos, Mexican, seafood, and Asian food the most. In that order.