Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DSC

Eurovision 2022

Well, after feeling a little bit down, I guess its now time to lighten up the mood a little bit and put the depressing crap aside. And what better way to do it than the most infamous glorified fireworks show in the world?

Unfortunately, I'm not very happy with Eurovision this year, and the bar is set pretty low already. I will say, at the very least I think there have been more guitars this year, which is always great news. I did find it really funny there were two songs named Fade To Black and Breathe. Imagine if they were the two more famous songs that share the same name instead... Now that would be the best!

Still, the day we see 20 minute epics about aliens fighting wizards is the day Eurovision will finally ascend, that we can all agree on! A man can dream, after all!

Funnily enough, I don't follow the ESC actively and haven't heard any of the songs that are competing this year, but I'm actually sort of looking forward to watching the finals today. If only for the stage production, since I'm a big fan of elaborate stage setups. One thing I am concerned about is people voting Ukraine to the #1 spot out of pity. Sure, the country and the people living there are going through some shit, but I hope the audience and especially the "professional" jury are smart enough to leave that out of the picture and assess every competitor with equal fairness.

1 minute ago, MFG38 said:

One thing I am concerned about is people voting Ukraine to the #1 spot out of pity. Sure, the country and the people living there are going through some shit, but I hope the audience and especially the "professional" jury are smart enough to leave that out of the picture and assess every competitor with equal fairness.

Agreed completely. However, if its not much to ask, I would prefer if we all were to refrain from commenting about Ukraine. I created this thread about something very light-hearted just to up the spirits after my latest moment of idiocy. Don't really want to ruin Everything Else yet another day in a row!

3 minutes ago, DSC said:

if its not much to ask, I would prefer if we all were to refrain from commenting about Ukraine.

Fair enough. I'm just putting my thoughts out there, and we can't deny that what I described is a possibility. But yeah, like I said, fingers crossed that won't be the case.

I have to say, Ukraine's act is pretty good this year but I did enjoy quite a few of the other countries too (its my first time properly watching eurovision so the bar is fairly low)

This shit is my guilty pleasure.

As we can't discuss too deeply hearted matters, all i want to add:

• Bulgaria had a great rock song and it sucks they got eliminated.
  • The Rasmus is there.
  • Czech Republic has the best song in terms of being catchy.

Then there are the weird acts (Banana Wolf act, Moldovia) which i honestly just find degrading. Based on composition, Czech Republic.

My home country (The Netherlands)? S10 will score points but i hope it won't score high. The song is terrible.

Edited by Redneckerz

18 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

This shit is my guilty pleasure.

As we can't discuss too deeply hearted matters, all i want to add:

• Bulgaria had a great rock song and it sucks they got eliminated.
  • The Rasmus is there.
  • Czech Republic has the best song in terms of being catchy.

Then there are the weird acts (Banana Wolf act, Moldovia) which i honestly just find degrading. Based on composition, Czech Republic.

My home country (The Netherlands)? S10 will score points but i hope it won't score high. The song is terrible.

Despite being British, I will enact my patriotism for my adopted country to save my dignity.

Go Czechia!

Haha, Italy is having a collective fit over Achille Lauro getting the axe. Dude's on full damage control in all main national outlets.

Personally I was really impressed by... I think it was Finand? the blonde chick with that crazy voice and catchy song.

1 hour ago, Gibbon said:

Despite being British

For once in a lifetime, the UK song hasn't been considered by hardcore fans to be complete garbage, so I guess its a big win!

8 minutes ago, Gibbon said:

Italy should’ve just brought out its secret weapon.

Lacuna Coil <3

Your heaven's a lieeeeeeeee and also Cristina mein waifu forever. 

Honestly, we owned it pretty hard already with Maneskin last year. Gotta leave something for the rest. 

7 minutes ago, Gibbon said:

Lacuna Coil <3

Finally someone who names this awesome band :)

3 hours ago, Gibbon said:

Lacuna Coil <3

Eh, i wonder if Lacuna Coil  or any other metal bands are been accepted in that old farts show that is the Festival of Sanremo, luckily in the recent years get more modernized. Well, modernized with talent shows singers, trapboys and Gen Z favorites, as well as old glories for old people that follow the show and people totally unknown by everyone!

Thinking about it, Sanremo is a weird show sometimes with some questionable choice that sometimes are awesome in their weirdness, i mean we even got Saxon as special guest in 1983!

Talking about ESC, it is a fun show, but i don't get how the majority of the songs in the second evening are been accepted, i found some of them aren't even good in a funny way, like the Norway or Moldavia songs! Yeah, I'm one of the people being unhappy with Achille Lauro elimination, it was a cool act overall and the song is cool, even if i don't really like the way he sings like a horny 2000s yokel dude.

Edited by Walter confetti

Congrats to Ukraine for winning Eurovision 2022

Sweden or Spain, I'm okay with either. If Ukraine wins I don't mind, their song is a bop. Personal favourite is France because trance Breton music is just incredibly original but it won't fare too well. And a very chill Lithuania, love their language.

Our neighbours also did well. Stay healthy y'all. Mens sana in corpore sano. We stayed in semi 1 but tbh we were never making it through. Mia didn't disappoint us at least.

Gutted Achille didn't make it out of semi 2. Guy set a new standard for performances, genius stuff. Probably broke the record for most pyrotechnics used...

Spoiler

Måneskin new song "Supermodel" is

Spoiler

Really boring

Chez Republic, Belgium, Moldavia, Sweden, France, Australia (especially for the lyrics, very deep and beautiful) and Lithuania somehow are cool songs for me!

Also wtf happens here with Catellan and trippy 80s green screen effects? ROFL

Oh, well, we have a Sanremo moment as well for the old people that watches RAI now. STAY CLASSY AND NEVER CHANGE, ITALIAN TV!

Foresaw that coming @Roofi - nice. 439/480 max in televote is scary. At least we gave 24/24 points to Konstrakta is EPIC because AN ARTIST MUST BE HEALTHY. Really proud of our Serbian brothers. Also really happy for Sam, he's been a great sport and a good song to win the jury vote.

On another note... wtf Europe? France was epic n they got only 6 points televote... Proud that we gave them 1/6 but man... Deserved much more.

Seeing the UK come second overall does make me question whether I have fallen into another dimension. That said, fair play to Sam, he put on a real show. 

And the winner is, unsurprisingly, Ukraine.

Pity victory, but I saw it coming.

5 hours ago, MFG38 said:

And the winner is, unsurprisingly, Ukraine.

Pity victory, but I saw it coming.

Indeed, I mean why even have a contest if it is pretty much a given.

Britain coming second…

Pinch me.

5 hours ago, Gibbon said:

Britain coming second…

Don’t forget coming first in the jury vote! (is that what it’s called?)

My friend’s dad bet £6500 on Ukraine winning so my friend was absolutely bricking it towards the end of the results

Well, congrats on the high score UK! Proof we don't hate you as much as it may seem sometimes :)

15 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Eh, i wonder if Lacuna Coil  or any other metal bands are been accepted in that old farts show that is the Festival of Sanremo, luckily in the recent years get more modernized. Well, modernized with talent shows singers, trapboys and Gen Z favorites, as well as old glories for old people that follow the show and people totally unknown by everyone!

Thinking about it, Sanremo is a weird show sometimes with some questionable choice that sometimes are awesome in their weirdness, i mean we even got Saxon as special guest in 1983!

Talking about ESC, it is a fun show, but i don't get how the majority of the songs in the second evening are been accepted, i found some of them aren't even good in a funny way, like the Norway or Moldavia songs! Yeah, I'm one of the people being unhappy with Achille Lauro elimination, it was a cool act overall and the song is cool, even if i don't really like the way he sings like a horny 2000s yokel dude.

WHAT THE HELL!?! Wow... I can only imagine Saxon participating in Eurovision now... One show to remember, for sure!

59 minutes ago, DSC said:

WHAT THE HELL!?! Wow... I can only imagine Saxon participating in Eurovision now... One show to remember, for sure!

Don't forget that in 2006 Lordi participated for Finland - and won. So non-mainstream music being at ESC isn't unheard of.

15 hours ago, NaZa said:

On another note... wtf Europe? France was epic n they got only 6 points televote... Proud that we gave them 1/6 but man... Deserved much more.

France just doesn't have a posse.

eurovision-voting-pacts.jpg

2 hours ago, DSC said:

Well, congrats on the high score UK! Proof we don't hate you as much as it may seem sometimes :)

Well with the UK out of the EU, I guess everyone is just going back to the second best hater.

Da Frenchies!  You now have your rightful place in the hearts of Europeans.