Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain POLAND

How come the monsters don't run out of ammo?

I would assume the explanation to this is deep underground military bases, but I don't know for sure, its just my theory. Alternatively you could also explain this with sewage pipes, but that seems a bit less likely.

Although my answer may not sound terribly scientific, and is not based on any lore, I will stand behind it; Because it's not fun if they ran out.

If they don't have limited ammo, then why do they wait so long before attacking? Don't ask me why, I keep looking for an answer but the government keeps silencing any leads I get.

The Spider Mastermind's holding plate looks like it could hold a mini bullet factory, and Donald Duck is inside doing all the work solo.

Answer is multidimensional pockets. They combine timelines and dimensions to never run out of ammo. That's why chaingunners and masterminds can shoot endlessly when they see you. 

1 hour ago, Sena said:

If they don't have limited ammo, then why do they wait so long before attacking? Don't ask me why, I keep looking for an answer but the government keeps silencing any leads I get.

I think you're onto something, the enemies don't hesitate on nightmare because they've got double ammo like you do.

Well if they didn't have infinite ammo they'd need to pick up ammo to restock, and where do you think they'd find that?

I think I'd rather they had infinite ammo than stole the player's!

Edited by Bauul

6 hours ago, OpenRift said:

When do enemy AI run out of ammo in ANY singleplayer game?

I've played some Fallout 3/NV mods where enemies have limited ammo.

But I know that's a huge exception because it was created by fans who wanted more realism

2 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

They run out of ammo the instant you kill 'em! Some are even generous enough to leave a clip, shotgun or chaingun. The baddies know that sharing is caring.

Meanwhile the demons are aren't possessed don't leave anything. Different demons, different rules I suppose.

11 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

They run out of ammo the instant you kill 'em! Some are even generous enough to leave a clip, shotgun or chaingun. The baddies know that sharing is caring.

But they take that infinite ammo power up with them to the grave and only leave you a few clips, a barely loaded shotgun or a near-empty chain gun.

They’ve been Trollin’ us since ‘93!

The highly complicated technomological reason is... because video games.

8 hours ago, OpenRift said:

When do enemy AI run out of ammo in ANY singleplayer game?

It definitely happened in Oni and as far as I remember enemies in Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and Deus Ex could run out of ammo as well.

Hmm, all of this made me thinking about joke mod which instead of blood & gore monsters spawns a lot of ammo...

Well, like Doom 2016&Eternal doing, actually, lmao

They do, but you always kill them when they're low on ammo. You'll always kill a shotgunner when he has 4 shells left.

Source: dude trust me