Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alex S.

IDKFA Cheat Code Meaning - Opinion Poll

IDKFA Cheat Code Meaning - Opinion Poll  

129 members have voted

1. 1. IDKFA, we all know what it does. But what do you associate these letters with? Ive heard it a few different ways from a couple different sources. Which do you stand with?

• Id Killer F___ing Arsenal
    • Id Keys and Full Ammunition
    • Id Keys and Full Arsenal
    • Something else...
    • Shut up Alex, your poll is dumb.

Wanted to gather some opinions from the community about what 'IDKFA' stands for. I'd like to say it's "Id Keys and Full Arsenal" but I've heard it a few ways and wanted to get the general consensus from the group.

Keys, Firearms, Armor.

Reminder that there's an IDFA cheat that does the same minus the keys, implying that the K stands for Keys.

Funnily enough, I always thought the "F" meant something like "A" means Arsenal or Ammo and "K" means Keys, but I could never figure it out.

I could swear I’ve heard Romero say it was Keys-Full-Ammo. K is definitely for Keys as Sherpardus pointed out, due to IDFA existing.

..But at the same time, didn’t IDFA come later? As in, wasn’t it an “afterthought code”? Not that it necessarily changes anything, but maybe it was killer-fucking-arsenal, I’ve heard that before too and it does seem extremely “90s id”

Edit: Just checked the wiki (how couldn’t I) and Romero did indeed say it was killer-fucking-arsenal in an interview. (Also fwiw IDFA did come later, in 1.666, meaning the K might not have initially referred to Keys, it was just a happy accident).

'ID Killer Fucking Ammo' is what it's always been for me in my head, though 'keys and full ammo' makes more sense logically.  Though if I want guns, I usually use idfa instead.

ID Kicks Fucking Ass is what I remember people spreading in the past.

but yes.. ID Keys Firearms Ammunition makes the most sense since there’s also the IDFA code. 

Romero allegedly said in an interview it means: Killer Fraggin’ Arsenal. 

Edited by 7Mahonin

I always thought it was "keys and fucking ammo". Which that was probably what my young, warped little brain decided upon. If IDFA was "Fucking Ammo" then IDKFA would follow suit. It probably just means keys full ammo, or possibly full arsenal. 

But given how mature the guys at id were when they named a gun the BFG9000, I wouldn't have put it past them to use the same nomenclature when deciding an acronym for a cheat code. It doesn't really matter what they actually meant it to be, it will always be keys and fucking ammo to me.

I guarantee it stands for "smAshIng pumpKins into small piles of putrid DebrisF"

They scrambled it around to make it a little less obvious.

(Alternatively:

Spoiler

"to wIn the gAme, you must Kill me, john romeroFD" < ---- same rules apply.

Spoiler

This joke was every bit as unfunny in my head.)

2 hours ago, 7Mahonin said:

Romero allegedly said in an interview it means: Killer Fraggin’ Arsenal. 

That's what I was vaguely remembering just now. But "Keys + Full Arsenal" sounds like a plausible alternative.

IDKFA ackchewally stands for:

Spoiler

You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.