Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alex S.

Exploding Chickens?

Hi everyone,

I was thinking a couple of nights ago: Would it be fun if we could replace the rocket launcher's rockets with chickens that exploded on impact? Yes! Yes, of course it would be fun! So I'm working on ripping and converting the sprites for the chicken from Heretic to Doom's pallette. Once that's done I'll insert them as sprite replacements for the rocket projectiles. I was thinking it would look hilarious in-game.

Am I nuts? Yep, totally insane. But... more importantly, would anyone ever play it for a laugh once I finish this? Let me know!

EDIT: Since you guys think this would be fun too, I've started working on it! Here's a VERY crappy early version of the WAD. Only works in GZDoom right now and it's not even close to done yet. More a proof of concept.

explodingchickens.wad.zip

Edited by Alex S.

Yes! This is a wonderful idea. I look forward to Chook Doom '22.

The sound effects make it for me...

1 hour ago, skillsaw said:

Yes! This is a wonderful idea. I look forward to Chook Doom '22.

I have memories of playing exactly this mod some time in the 90s. Think I got it off a magazine disc in my pre-Internet times.

10 hours ago, Murdoch said:

I have memories of playing exactly this mod some time in the 90s. Think I got it off a magazine disc in my pre-Internet times.

What if I called it Chook22 ?