Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The BMFG

Last Concert You Were At??

went to a clutch concert last night which was fucking awesome by the way and now im wondering what are yalls latest concerts?

I used to go to shows all the time in my 20s. Mainly local bands but a few bigger acts like Gwar and Rob Zombie would sneak their way in if they were close. The last really real show I went to was Kraftwerk in 2015. I did see Jesca Hoop in 2017 but it was part of a school project so I don't know if it counts because I wouldn't have gone otherwise. I did see a co-worker's band play at some dive bar in 2019, so maybe that was the last one.

Tool last Tuesday. For my tastes, I got one of the worst setlists of the recent dates, but it was fucking great nonetheless and on the brightside May 10 saw a cheerful singalong of happy birthday to the drummer. They haven't toured Europe for over a decade and none of the people I spoke to had made it to Download 2019 (the only UK date in the past 15 years iirc) either-- felt to me like the crowd was ecstatic for an opportunity to see them live that they doubted they might ever have. I had the same feeling when I saw the Pixies when they first reformed.

Had reservations going in about the camera policy (all that money for a ticket and you might get thrown out for a photo? Piss off.), but left convinced. Concerts are better without having to peering past a waving thicket of smartphone glow. Permitted for the last song anyway.

my last concert was 3 doors down, collective soul and soul asylum at one event that was years ago

but I plan on seeing the jordan rudess live tour

My last one was when Jack's Mannequin came through Dallas and played what used to be called the "Starplex" on the grounds of the Cotton Bowl and Fair Park. Damned good concert for someone who'd kicked cancer's ass.

Paul Romero & orchestra playing HoMM2-3 music a few years go. It was fantastic.

I don't go to a lot of concerts. I did go to quite a few punk shows back in the early 2000's, but we never really had any big bands come through. We had some great bands come through, but I'm fairly certain none of their names would mean anything to most people.

The last big name concert I went to was Modest Mouse, back in 2007, drove about 700 miles round trip so I could see Isaac Brock show up an hour late because he was too busy drinking with locals up in Fargo and missed their tour bus. When he finally did show up, he was so goddamn wasted that half the time you couldn't even tell what song he was trying to sing. Then he stopped mid-song to chastise the audience because someone threw a water bottle at him, that missed by a few feet anyway. "What if that was glass! Some people don't have insurance!". Honestly that was the most intelligible thing he said all night. And it really sucked, because I saw them in 2005 and they were absolutely fucking great. 

Before those two concerts it was Tool in 2003, and that was a great set. It was their Lateralus tour, but they still played some stuff from Aenima, I was just disappointed that they didn't play Pushit, but it was still an amazing concert. And before that it was The Smashing Pumpkins back in 1997, on their Infinite Sadness tour. I was like 12 or 13, and it was more my older brother who absolutely loved them, but it was still a really good concert. The song that really stood out to me was XYU, I always enjoyed that song.

And I did get to see George Carlin back in 2004. I was about to graduate High School and he added my hometown to his list of tour dates. I mentioned it to my Dad, because he was a huge fan of Carlin. He didn't realize I was a huge fan of Carlin as well, so he asked me if I wanted to go. Of course I did. So that was really nice... aside from the grossly overweight man sitting next to me that was overflowing his seat, and who kept talking to the people he was with, and kept getting up to go buy more beer... I mean seriously, couldn't you have one of your skinnier friends go get the damn beer?

But it was still enjoyable, I'm glad I got to see Carlin, especially with my Dad.

And I can't really remember the last time a band that I would actually want to see came to my neck of the woods, they all go to Sioux Falls, Billings, Denver, Bismarck, Fargo, or Des Moines. And I'm not going to drive a few hundred miles to see a band at this point.

Edited by Jello

My brother's band performance was the last concert I attended.

Next concert? Nine Inch Nails's Vegas Show in September if I recall. Im hyper excited its gonna be my first real concert I have been to. 

it was Havok, COB, headlined by Megadeth.

27 minutes ago, Dub Bag said:

it was Havok, COB, headlined by Megadeth.

i went to a show headlined by megadeth not too long ago, it was them ,lamb of god & trivium. awesome show man

41 minutes ago, Jello said:

We had some great bands come through, but I'm fairly certain none of their names would mean anything to most people.

Try me

The last bona-fide "concert" I was at with relatively popular bands would have been.. uh... Kylesa + Mastodon? Or Sons of Otis + High on Fire? It all sorta blurs together. Other than that, yeah, local shows and local bands.

Edited by kwc

I went to Tyler, The Creator’s “Call Me if You Get Lost” tour over by Chicago. It’s great going back to concerts again.

15 minutes ago, kwc said:

Try me

Fleshies, Bible of the Devil, The GC5, Gravity Index, and Living Under Lies were my favorite acts that came through somewhat regularly. Playing shitty venues because that's all that could be afforded for them.

Only caught Fleshies once, and they're probably the biggest name on the list. They were literally playing in the basement of a shitty apartment building.

Never attended an actual show, oops. I highly prefer meditating to music at home without any unwanted noise or presence, and the energy of well-produced live recordings just does it. The videos of Architects at Abbey Road are very solid

9 minutes ago, ClumsyDoomer said:

Never attended an actual show, oops. I highly prefer meditating to music at home without any unwanted noise or presence, and the energy of well-produced live recordings just does it. The videos of Architects at Abbey Road are very solid

I've gotten that way. When I was younger, especially in high school, shows were so much fun. There was nothing like meeting up with a bunch of people, meeting new people from all walks of life. Sitting there talking to people who were 10, 20, 30, 40 years older than me, and we all loved the music, and then having a good old fashioned circle pit. It was a hoot and a half I tell you. The only no-no was to say you liked the new Misfits with Mike Graves as singer. Yes I know Danzig was better, but American Psycho is still a good album dammit!

But as I got older, and started working full time, and communications stopped between people, it went by the wayside. Now, yes, I do prefer to just listen to music on my own time. But I can't deny that the punk shows were fun. My only real regret was that I wasn't born five years earlier, so I could've seen Nomeansno when they came through. One of my favorite bands, top five at least, would've been nice to see them.

A few weeks ago I saw Nine Inch Nails and Guided By Voices a day apart from each other in Raleigh and Carrboro. Both fantastic shows.

Haven't been to a concert in years because of living in a place without a very compelling live music scene, not having the availability to do a lot of travel, and then the pandemic.

Last show I went to was the Mighty Mighty Bosstones in 2018 in Austin, TX. One of the last times they went to Texas, and I drove for several hours to see it. Sad that they're broken up now, but them's the breaks.

I haven't been to a concert since the pandemic started. According to Facebook last one I attended was in November 2019, a free gig to mark the 12th anniversary of a local metal venue.

Last concert I was in was my high school's talent show, all those many years ago. Even before the pandemic, I typically didn't go to concerts because my incredibly sensitive ears can't handle loud sounds, and I also hate being around people. And I still don't go to concerts.

what's a concert <-- has never been to a single music concert in the entire life (so far)

Went to see five bands recently mostly death metal. Dying Fetus, Undeath, Chelsea Grin, Frozen Soul, Bodysnatcher. Good time. Lots of moshing and grooving.

3 hours ago, holaareola said:

Tool last Tuesday. For my tastes, I got one of the worst setlists of the recent dates, but it was fucking great nonetheless and on the brightside May 10 saw a cheerful singalong of happy birthday to the drummer. They haven't toured Europe for over a decade and none of the people I spoke to had made it to Download 2019 (the only UK date in the past 15 years iirc) either-- felt to me like the crowd was ecstatic for an opportunity to see them live that they doubted they might ever have. I had the same feeling when I saw the Pixies when they first reformed.

Had reservations going in about the camera policy (all that money for a ticket and you might get thrown out for a photo? Piss off.), but left convinced. Concerts are better without having to peering past a waving thicket of smartphone glow. Permitted for the last song anyway.

Hey dude, glad to know I was at the same concert as a fellow Doomist.

Yeah, setlist wasn't that good, too much of the latest album I'm not too fond of, but still well worth it.

And that ending of Pushit... that was something else

4 minutes ago, Snark said:

Hey dude, glad to know I was at the same concert as a fellow Doomist.

Yeah, setlist wasn't that good, too much of the latest album I'm not too fond of, but still well worth it.

And that ending of Pushit... that was something else

Oh goddammit, did they actually play Pushit live again? The recording of Pushit from Salival is probably my favorite Tool song.

Queen + Adam Lambert, for the second time, in 2020. Hearing those songs live with a crowd is always, well, a kind of magic.

Last show i went to was Hell Yeah! with sons of texas (i have a friend that used to be a drummer for that band before he moved here to washington state) and i don't remember the other one. 

But seeing Chad Gray (one of my favorite singers) and Vinny Paul (rip) that was a fucking banger! 

7 hours ago, Lippeth said:

I used to go to shows all the time in my 20s. Mainly local bands but a few bigger acts like Gwar and Rob Zombie would sneak their way in if they were close. The last really real show I went to was Kraftwerk in 2015. I did see Jesca Hoop in 2017 but it was part of a school project so I don't know if it counts because I wouldn't have gone otherwise. I did see a co-worker's band play at some dive bar in 2019, so maybe that was the last one.

This is SO similar to my own experiences that I won't bother clarifying the differences because they're so incidental.

Seeing Slayer waay back in 2008 was goddamn amazing. GWAR kicked ass too, around that same era I also saw them. They tore apart McCain and Obama on stage and sprayed green and red "guts" everywhere. It was amazing.