Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frost-Core

How many unofficial ports/mods of console Doom have Thy Flesh Consumed added?

With 1995's The ULTIMATE Doom, doom required more powerfull hardware to run on due to thy flesh consumed, console doom ports did not include thy flesh consumed (at least the ones that i know of) but has anybody hacked the port/made his own to run thy flesh consumed? please let me know.

1 hour ago, Gez said:

@Roebloz did that (plus Sigil!) for the Sega 32X port.

Indeed I did. I had actually done it earlier before including into Delta, as a matter of fact. @Wavy ported 32x Delta to GBA (Calling it GBA Delta), and it includes Episode 4. @Kippykip's prBoom+ GBA thingie also includes Thy Flesh Consumed.

Most of Thy Flesh Consumed appears in the Playstation and Saturn ports. A handful of the levels are missing, as Ultimate Doom in these ports ends with the PSX/Saturn exclusive levels Twilight Descends and Threshold of Pain, and the levels excluded tend to be ones that tax the consoles. Overall the levels can be difficult plays on the PSX and Saturn, particularly Perfect Hatred that starts where you're immediately attacked by a band of Sergeants that's near impossible to dodge (the Cyberdemon "boss" is removed however).

Possibly the advantages on the PSX/Saturn port is that you will likely enter the Thy Flesh Consumed levels with a full loadout sans the super shotgun which cannot be obtained until you reach the Doom II levels (or if you cheat).

Most console ports were released before Ultimate Doom, the ones released after episode 4 and still didn't included it don't have it either because the port was rushed or because it would require more memory, and cartridges with more memory cost more to produce.

14 hours ago, Frost-Core said:

doom required more powerfull hardware to run on due to thy flesh consumed

No it didn't, machines that can run the first 3 episodes can run the fourth one, besides, the console ports required the maps to be adapted to have a simpler geometry, and that was too much effort for an episode that was made just for selling the game in retail once again.

21 hours ago, OldDoomer said:

the super shotgun which cannot be obtained until you reach the Doom II levels (or if you cheat).

Not quite accurate - you can actually obtain the SSG during Thy Flesh Consumed via the secret level The Marshes.