Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnny Cruelty

What was your first megawad, other than doom 2, Plutonia or TNT

All the way through? Alien Vendetta.

First ever? Star Wars Doom.

Good question, I don't even remember.  I think it was probably the Way Id Did series

Sunlust. Didn't go very well, as you can imagine. 

First megawad I properly finished was JPCP, which is still one of my favorites.

Edited by Thelokk

Memento Mori and Requiem. My memories kinda foggy, but I remember playing them besides iwad stuff. 

I believe mine was Demonfear.

Ultimate doom.

Hey, don't be mad at me! It's 1 wad and it's a whole map set, and it wasn't listed in the "besides" thing!

Jokes aside: My first megawad was a ZDooM multiplayer wad named Invasion UAC (or IU for short), as like every wad I had downloaded before that was like 1 or 2 maps

Technically - a very old freedoom version that came with prboom from some linux distro repo. At that time I didn't really know anything about iwads/pwads, I just installed what described itself as "Doom" and played.

First pwad - Plutonia 2. Also the first encounter with visplane crash.

I played my first megawads 26 years ago.  So I don't remember the first.  But early ones were BF_THUD and Icarus.

The first wads I downloaded weren't megawads (as I'm pretty sure the first one I downloaded was nuts.wad) but the earliest memory of a megawad was probably Cyberdreams, no real reason why. Something about map 09(?)'s space textures and night sky in software rendering is deeply nostalgic to me.

I believe the first megawad I downloaded on my own was NDCP. I have immense nostalgia for it as a result, but I am almost certain I played Memento Mori 1 some time before, from some disc though, not from the internet. The Invasion for Doom 1 is also among the earliest I played, and the nostalgia is strong there too.

Playing on a old XP computer, i remember downloading Action Doom 1, and Sytche or Epic 1 (Don't remember at the moment).

Im also remembering a .WAD with a text screen every level, the first level it's trying to escape a collapsing building, and there was a cacodemon yellow that was really fast. I really don't remember the name, but was one of the first NON-Comercial wads to play.

First 3 meagwads specifically were Doomed 2 Die (dmd2die.wad), Dwango5.wad, and Memento Mori, in that order. I had a bunch of other 1/2 map wads mixed in there too, though.

Since you're excluding only Doom 2, Plutonia and TNT, then it's good ol' DOOM.WAD