Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gudermannian function

Number of total medium to heavy Monsters in popular MegaWADS

Hi, there folks, I am a small time lurker. I have played some WADs on HMP some on HNTR. So I made an excel sheet in which I counted the number of monsters for UV difficulty. I have only databased number for Chaingunners and Everything heavier than Pinkys (Revenant, Cacos and so on). WADs I did this for are Sunlust, Hell Revealed 2, Scythe 2, Plutonia 2, Ancient Aliens, Kama Sutra, Alien Vendetta, Speed of Doom and Going Down. Also no Map 33s. I have included customs monsters for Scythe 2(Evil Marines and Afrits) and Ancient Aliens(Stealth Marine and Alien Guardian). I did not include Valiant or Eviternity due to large amount of custom enemies. I have also included the no. of monsters up until Map 20(including secret maps) to record difficulty spikes. Keep in mind this may not totally depict the difficulty of the MegaWAD. 

Some observations

1) Speed of Doom wins in many monster categories due to the Later Slaughter Maps in the megaWAD. These are generally darkwave maps(Twilight Massacre and Darkness without End). In the Later map you probably don't have to kill that many monsters. 

2) When it comes to Arch-Viles and Pain Elementals, Sunlust is the King.

3) Kamasutra loves its Cyberdemons and Cacodemons. If it were not for Speed of Doom it would have won those categories

4) Alien Vendetta loves hitscanners(largest amount of Chaingunners and Spiderdemons)

5) Authors generally don't like Spiderdemon and her daughters. They have lower frequency of usage

6) The most influential MegaWADs (Scythe 2 and Alien Vendetta)(According to history of doom mapping) have same number of revenants(1370 to be exact)

7) Scythe 2 and Sunlust has biggest difficulty spikes in later third of MegaWADs

8) Hell Revealed 2 does not have a noticeable difficulty spike(I have not played it I don't know). It seems it is difficult from get go.
9) Everybody loves Revenants

Discuss freely. 

Edit:- Added Resurgence and PRCP

WADmonsters.rar

Edited by gudermannian function